Calendar Poodle SAL

Monday, February 14, 2022

Happy Valentine's Day!

 Hi friends! Happy Valentine's Day! God’s love may be divided up for an infinite number of people on earth, but because His love is eternal and without end, He can still infinitely pour out His love on you. Just for you.

💕Heart Fob by my friend Lisa 💕

My dear friend Lisa stitched me this 💗 and I made it into a little fob to hang from my corner shelf.

💗🤍💗🤍💗🤍💗🤍💗🤍💗

💘🤍Valentine by Cathy Roy 🤍💘 

This is a free pattern. Thank you Cathy❣️ I stitched this two over two with DMC B5200 on 28ct dark red Jubilee. Backed with a Valentine fabric from my stash. All fabrics and trims are from my stash.

I have had questions before, "What is that?!" 😆Ha! THAT is one of my 1950 poodle Vallauris knife rests. No, I do not rest my knife on it. I bought him simply because I love him. 💖














📚🎧These Is My Words: The Diary of Sarah Agnes Prine, 1881-1901, was a great read my friends! This historical fiction book tells the tale of a girl on the wagon train, and then her many life's adventures in Arizona Territory. I was just sorely disheartened to find out AFTER I listened to the book that these adventures of Sarah's were purely fictional. I actually emailed the author to ask! I really wanted to know. The story and the characters are SO GOOD! Sarah IS the author's Great Grandmother, but the detailed adventures are fictional. The author never had a diary that belonged to Sarah. It is still a great story and well worth your time.

I am now finally getting back to my monthly stitching. 😉 What are you stitching on right now?

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” John 13:34-35

I hope and pray that you are staying healthy my friends. I am so glad you took time to stop by today. Thank you especially to my friends who take time to comment.

Stitching and praying,

Vickie





12 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Both your Valentines are so pretty, Vickie! The lace trim you picked for your little pillow is perfect for it. Working on a birthday gift at the moment! Enjoy your Monday!

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Happy Valentine's Day sweet friend! Blessings to you always. :)

diamondc said...

Vickie: The heart pendant is lovely; it will look good hanging on your corner shelf.
Lovely pillow, the lace and hearts are a perfect finish.
I remember when I was young almost everyone had a knife rest in the kitchen of some shape and form.
Happy Valentine's Day

Catherine

butterfly said...

Lovely Valentine goodies .
Hope you had a wonderful day.

Manuela said...

So beautiful your Valentine Stitching.
Hope you had a wonderful Valentine Day.
I'm stitching on the Jubilee Bean Serie. I have a lot of fun.
Have a nice week. Manuela

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Another two pretty finishes Vickie. I had missed that design from Cathy Roy.

Mary said...

Beautiful stitching, the heart pendant is so pretty. Hope you had a lovely Valentine's day!

Carol said...

Very pretty Valentine's Day pieces, Vickie! I read These Is My Words years ago when it first came out--enjoyed it ever so much. I should probably re-read it! Enjoy your week ♥

MartinaM said...

That's two cute Valentine's patterns and you have two beautiful new decorative pieces.
I'm currently working on Peter & Peep by Brenda, let's see if I can finish it soon.
Enjoy the time, Martina

Mary's Thread said...

What sweet stitches! I loved "These is My Words" too! Did you know there are a couple more about the same characters? I have not read them yet. The author is good friends with Diane Williams the designer of Little House Needleworks and Diane made a sampler based on the book! I think that is so neat they have that creativity together. Anyway, just thought I'd share! Have a wonderful day!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I've really enjoyed seeing all your Valentine stitching this year. I'm a little behind in commenting as you can tell!
I liked Mary's comment and think you should seek out the sampler to go with the book.

Astrids dragon said...

Two more sweet pieces, especially nice when one is a gift!