Calendar Poodle SAL

Sunday, February 20, 2022

February's Primrose

 Hi friends! I have finished the monthly piece. 💕👑February's Primrose by Cottage Garden Samplings 👑💕 

This entire monthly series is gorgeous and it was a GENEROUS GIFT FROM DEAR ASTRID Thank you once again Astrid! I am stitching them each one over two on 40ct lambswool linen with the called for DMC and the gold on this one I used VMSS 1795 Tarnished Gold. 

I am making flat finishes out of all twelve months and mounting them with magnets to this finishing piece I got from Hobby Lobby.

I just finished designing a piece for St. Patrick's Day. This one took me several days to get done. Drove me a bit wild I admit, but I am finally pretty happy with it. Some of it has to be done as I stitch. I do not plan on making this one available for free on my blog, as I am NOT charting this one out on Stitch Fiddle. I did this one FOR ME. To be honest friends, it takes a lot of work charting patterns out, and when NO ONE sends you a picture back showing you they stitched your pattern, well, I admit. It is disheartening. So why bother? I truly design them FOR ME. It seems no one else is interested in poodle designs. I get that. People LOVE free. I know that! HA! But do they stitch it? I doubt it. This one though. This one has NOTHING, ZIP, ZERO, ZILCH TO DO WITH POODLES. Well enough of that. Just sharing with you. 

Did you watch the Olympics? What sport do you enjoy? Do you watch the opening and closing ceremonies? I did not see the opening ceremony, I did see parts of the closing ceremony. I always LOVE ice skating. Do you? Such drama this year! Too bad.

Bless the Lord, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits  Psalm 103:1-2

Have a wonderful weekend my friends. There is very strange weather going on here. Frigid one day. Warm the next.

Stitching and praying,

Vickie





14 comments:

Sarah Beth’s Stitching said...

Beautiful

Manuela said...

Beautiful your Febraury finish. It is a wonderful serie.
I have seen a little bit from the olympic games. I like Ice Scating too.
Have a nice new week my friend, Manuela

Robin in Virginia said...

Your Primrose piece is so pretty, Vickie. While I do like to watch the ice skating, we didn't watch any of the Olympics this time around. Have a marvelous Monday.

Georgia said...

I just love your little Cottage Garden Samplings stitches, and how you finished them, your frame looks like a little garden fence:) I haven't watched any of the olympics this year. I just couldn't sit long enough to enjoy them. I have kept up with the medal count though. Happy Stitching my friend and blessings to you and yours:)

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Oh such pretty stitching. You always make the most beautiful things. Looking forward to seeing your new design. Blessings always. :)

diamondc said...

Beautiful design and finish, the frame is amazing.
I am like you if I design a pattern, it is for me.
Looking forward to seeing the St. Patrick's design.
Have a lovely day

Catherine

MartinaM said...

Your February piece is beautiful again and you staged it perfectly.
Oh yes, I've seen a bit of the Olympics, I particularly like tobogganing and bobsledding, my compatriots are really good at that. Curling and ice hockey is also great.
Happy Stitching, Martina

butterfly said...

Lovely work Vickie , enjoy your day.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

A beautiful finish. It looks so delicate.

Mary's Thread said...

The February Primrose is lovely. Such sweet colors! I look forward to seeing your St. Patrick's piece. I do not decorate for St. Patrick's Day though we usually eat Irish food that day in a nod to the saint and our family's heritage. But I think you are right that designing a project needs to be for YOU first and foremost.

I did not watch the Olympics this year, except for Nathan Chen's amazing performance. I was disheartened by all the problems with it this year!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely finish for the February piece, this is such a lovely series.
I only design for myself but to be honest, I prefer making conversions to starting from scratch! Most of my designs have been for copyrighted characters for birth samplers, or using motifs from books anyway.

gracie said...

Love your stitching. As for your designs, I agree that you should not make them free. I love the Olympics...such drama this time!

Carol said...

This one is so pretty, Vickie! I love the colors in it and the way you are finishing the series. I only watched a tiny bit of the ice skating this year--just have no interest in the other sports at all. Looking forward to seeing your St. Patrick's Day stitching--are you Irish?

Astrids dragon said...

You chose a beautiful way to frame your lovely piece. This should really motivate me to fully finish mine, I like the idea of the magnets for a quick monthly change.
I'm looking forward to seeing what you created. I think the ones you have designed are darling and I'm sorry you haven't seen others stitch them. Believe me, if I had a friend with poodles and who I know would appreciate them, I'd be stitching them for sure.
Honestly, I didn't really watch the Olympics, only bits and pieces. I meant to watch the ceremonies, but never got my act together!