Calendar Poodle SAL

Saturday, February 5, 2022

Christmas Bells

 Hi friends! I sure do miss waking up to the scent of bread baking before I even open my eyes. The building remains quiet for the most part of the entire day, every day. It will be interesting to see this new deli come to life.

Christmas Bells by The Primitive Hare🔔 

This is a free pattern available here: http://www.theprimitivehare.com/free/christmasbells.pdf  

I was inspired to stitch this pattern by my friend Colette from our stitch group, The Cross Stitcherhood. Colette explained the how she and her husband printed the lyrics to Silver Bells right on her linen, and we were all so awed! I just had to do it! I chose to print the lyrics to Carol of the Bells, the Christian version, using a Jane Austen font.🥰 I love it! I REALLY wanted "Jesus is King" to remain visible at the top. 

I had ordered those little Tim Holz bells special on Amazon just for this finish! And I was going to attach them from the bow. Then inspiration struck! I think they look perfect down there, and it is like the space in the verse was created for it. 

I have the back finished with a subtle gold/natural linen. This is filled with sawdust. I stitched this 1 over 2 on 40 ct with soie d'alger given to me by @lisakkretz. THIS is the the youtube video I watched to learn how to print on linen. Printed linen is SO EXPENSIVE! Just think of the money you can save!!

🔔🎵🔔🎵🔔🎵🔔🎵🔔🎵🔔

I have just completed two tiny Valentine pieces for the cubby shelf.  I want to stitch another Valentine piece. I absolutely LOVE stitching Valentine pieces!😍 Do you also?

He who is faithful in what is least is faithful also in much; and he who is unjust in what is least is unjust also in much.  Luke 16:10

I hope you are having a blessed Sunday my friends. I am hoping for a peaceful week. We had two funerals in our family last week. 😢 One cousin is now a widower. One cousin is now a widow. That was hard.

Take care my friends. Hug your loved ones. BIG HUGS from me. God bless you. 

Stitching and praying,

Vickie





16 comments:

MartinaM said...

I like your Christmas flakes, the fabric is perfect and the finish with the little bells is very successful.
Respect that you printed the fabric yourself.
Have a nice Sunday,
Martina

butterfly said...

Lovely stitching Vickie .
What a great idea , have a fun Sunday.

Marilyn said...

It's beautiful1
I like that idea of the print on linen.
Thanks for the link.
Have a wonderful Sunday!
Marilyn

Mary said...

Your Christmas Bells is gorgeous!! Well done on your finish. So sorry to hear about your cousin's losses. Take care.

Robin in Virginia said...

Vickie, your Christmas Bells piece is a beauty. What a neat idea on the printed linen! I am sorry to hear of your cousins who have passed. Thinking of you and your family.

Sharon Vance said...

Wow, that is amazing…what a beautiful project! Well done and thanks for sharing! I see you read Nancy Turner’s books. She is a fabulous writer.

Manuela said...

Your newest finish is wonderful. Nice idea with the bells.
Have a nice new week my friend.
Hugs, Manuela

Mary said...

I love your finishes and printing on linen was a great idea. I appreciate the link to the YouTube video.

Barb said...

It sounds like your family had a difficult week. I still keep you in my prayers about the living situation. I truly hope it will be good for you and Brian. I think that printed linen is amazing. !!!!

Jackie's Stitches said...

What a cool idea to print on the linen! That has never occurred to me but I love the idea!

So sorry for the losses your family has experienced. :(

Carol said...

I find the idea of printing on linen just fascinating, Vickie--thank you for the link, too! Your finish is so lovely and a real Vickie original.

Do they have any idea when the deli will be up and running? I hope things work out okay... I'm so sorry about the deaths in your family. Such difficult times...

Vicki said...

What a lovely pillow!

Isabel para ALROMASAR said...

I loved this embroidery work. Is beautiful!
Hugs from Spain

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

This is a pretty finish Vickie and it's impressive that you printed your own linen. Thanks for the link on how to do this.
Sorry to read of the recent bereavements in your family.

Mary's Thread said...

What a gorgeous project. Everything about it is perfect! Wow, to print your own linen even! Do you just use a regular printer? And where to do you get Jane Austen font? It is so pretty!

Astrids dragon said...

I commented, but I think it got lost and didn't post?
This is truly a beautiful finish, I love what you printed on the linen. Thank you for sharing the link on how to do it. Perfect placement of the bells.
Maybe the new deli will be baking too? One can hope!