Calendar Poodle SAL

Thursday, July 28, 2022

July's Delphinium

 Hi friends! I have a finish to share with you. 🐞July's Delphinium🍉by Cottage Garden Samplings.

I stitched this one over two on 40ct lambswool linen with DMC, and VMSS. I changed the colors of the lettering a bit. 

I am making flat finishes out of all twelve months and mounting them with a magnet to this finishing piece I got from Hobby Lobby.

🌞🍉🌞🍉🌞🍉🌞🍉🌞🍉🌞

I am now stitching up one of Melisa's charts for the cubby shelf. 😁

 I came across a hand embroidery chart in my craft bin last week that I have had for years. I have come to realize that I am never going to do this! It has never been opened. 

I am offering this as a giveaway. This is open to any of my sidebar followers around the world. Just mention it in your comment that you would like the embroidery pattern. I will draw the name of a winner on Monday, August 5th.













📚This is the second book in the Mitten State Mystery series. I read the first one because the cover featured cross stitch, as this one does also! VERY misleading. I figured that out with the first book! Isabel is not a cross stitcher. She is a knitter! That being said, I do still like the series. They are cozy mysteries. Isabel is a charming character, very likable and smart. She has now gotten her private investigator's license. I especially like these books, because they take place in Michigan on the coast of Lake Michigan and constantly refer to Wisconsin. I find it funny that the "bad guys" come from Wisconsin and very often, Milwaukee! HA! Love it  when I recognize places and buildings and boats and things. 


Our Emerson is part of the local Leiderkranz, a German singing society that is just for men. He will take part this Sunday in the mostly German spoken Mass at Germanfest down at the Summerfest grounds in Milwaukee, where over 120 people from different singing groups will perform during the Mass. Every other year, there is a Catholic Mass or a Lutheran Service. (Emerson is Lutheran.) Emerson has been studying the German language for several years now. He also attends a local Lutheran church once a month that has a German Service. His interest in German would be his heritage. Brian is 100% German and I am 25%. If you care to, you can check it out here: 🥨 That is a wonderful benefit of living so close to downtown Milwaukee. All of the many, many festivals every, single year! Love it! And concerts I went to when I was much, much younger with my girlfriends. Good times.

Now we know that God does not hear sinners; but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does His will, He hears him.  John 9:31

I decided to test out my lungs, and walk on the treadmill yesterday WITHOUT using the albuterol inhaler first. It works! I do feel just slightly out of breath afterwards now, but not the tightness in my chest I had a few weeks ago and much more out of breath. AND I can walk back at my usual pace and 15 minutes at a time again. My cough is decreasing daily. I am still spitting up phlegm daily, but much, much less. 

I am so glad you stopped by today my friends! Your comments brighten my day. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I hope it is not too hot by you. It continues to be hot here. Not for me!

Stitching and praying,
Vickie




14 comments:

Stasi said...

Still hot here...will it ever end???

Purple Pixie Dust said...

I like your stitching. Glad you are walking on the mill again. I wish I could but I had an x ray on lungs and I have water on my lungs. We finally found out why it is so hard for me to walk up stairs at night. I have stronger meds that are helping me and I will try the mill in a week or two once the rest of the water is gone. I do feel like the elephant has gotten off my chest. Hope it stays off. Stay cool. big hugs.Lynda Ruth

can i enter your giveaway.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your July's Delphinium is so pretty , Vickie.I adore your finishing piece .Love the idea of using the same finishing piece for the monthlys. Eeeh I can not wait to see your stitch. I know the color pink will be involved. Isabel Puddles sounds like a very interesting book. How odd the graphics were like cross stitch. lol But so glad that you enjoyed it. I am glad your are building your strength each day. Sending hugs and blessings.

MartinaM said...

Another very nice motif from Cottage Garden Samples.
Oh how nice, I wish you a lot of fun at the German Fest.
I am happy to hear that you are feeling better and slowly getting back to your usual work.
Our weekend should also be warmer again, since Tuesday it has been very pleasant.
Enjoy your weekend, Martina

butterfly said...

Love your new finish .
Have a lovely weekend hugs June.

Marilyn said...

That's a very pretty project.
Congrats to Emerson for his performance at Summerfest.
Marilyn

Ele said...

so glad you do feel better Vickie, and can exercise at your usual pace again. How lovely about the Germanfest, sounds like a very funny occasion for people to gather and enjoy a day out. My great-grandmother was German, I would like to speak the language but can only master the very basics!
have a great weekend

Robin in Virginia said...

Your July finish is so pretty, Vickie. I am glad that you are back to your treadmill walking. The Germanfest activity sounds like it is truly special. Enjoy your weekend!

diamondc said...

Greetings Vickie: It is good to hear you are doing better and without the inhaler, excellent.
Super adorable design, what a great idea to change out the designs, did you put the magnet on the frame? just curious.
Please do not include me in the giveaway, I have so many designs to do and need to catch up.
I love German Fest here in Minnesota in New Ulm.
I just Read a book short read, The Cat Who Saw Red by Lillian Jackson Braun, cute read.

Catherine

Carol said...

I'm so glad to hear you are doing better, Vickie--you have had a long haul with that stupid virus. I'm sad to say that Mister B has it now--just found out this morning. I'm so worried :(

Your delphinium piece is lovely and perfect for July. My dad sure would have loved Milwaukee with the German influence. He was half German and half Dutch, but he always loved anything German--especially the food. Good for Emerson--that is not an easy language to learn.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The July Delphineums look lovely, it is a very pretty Summer piece.
Emerson's festival sounds great fun too. I did German at school but don't remember much of it. Did Brian speak it growing up?

Jackie's Stitches said...

Your summer piece is so pretty with your chosen colors!

The GermanFest sounds fun!

I'm so glad you're feeling better. I am too though it is very slow going.

Manuela said...

Another wonderful of your monthley finishes.
Hope the German Fest was beautiful.
I'm back form our holiday.
Have a nice weekend. Manuela

Vicki said...

Beautiful finish! Happy to hear you're feeling so much better.