Calendar Poodle SAL

Sunday, July 10, 2022

A Couple Finishes

 Hi friends! This is Colonel Sammy a free pattern from Notforgotten Blog

💖🤍💙I am happy I got him done, if only a day after the Fourth, considering I am dragging a bit, and napping daily. I changed every floss shade on mine. I used DMC and stitched mine one over one on 28ct mystery blue and mounted it on this sweet miniature board I had in my stash from Hobby Lobby.

🐝💗June's Honeysuckle🐝💗by Cottage Garden Samplings. 

I fell very behind on getting this done during the month OF JUNE, but I am glad it is done now. I stitched this one over two on 40ct lambswool linen with DMC, and 'Gypsy' Artiste. I am making flat finishes out of all twelve months and mounting them with a magnet to this finishing piece I got from Hobby Lobby.

I am now stitching an angel for my Mom's Christmas ornament.

Brian, Madeleine, and I have all tested negative. We continue to have that nagging cough though. I still have fatigue. I am napping when my body tells me to, and taking it day by day.

The Lord your God in your midst,

The Mighty One, will save;

He will rejoice over you with gladness,

He will quiet you with His love,

He will rejoice over you with singing.  Zephaniah 3:17

How are you my friends? Healthy I hope?

I hope you have a wonderful, new week. I am joining the land of the living once again this week. We went to church again on Sunday morning. Monday I once again go to my physical therapist. I have been seeing good 'ol Leigh for my back pain, but cancelled my appointments for two weeks because of COVID. AND I am finally getting into the PA of a pain doctor on Tuesday. I wish it were the actual doctor, not the PA, but I actual have seen this PA in the past, through a different doctor, so I am familiar with him and comfortable with him. I saw him for my migraines quite actually. Still neurology, but a different issue. 

Thank you for stopping by my friends! I appreciate your friendship.

Stitching and praying,
Vickie




9 comments:

butterfly said...

Lovely stitching Vickie .
Good news you are all negative .
Yes take it easy it takes time to heal .
I had covid before it was know in December 2019 so did a few of my friends .
We are only just feeling better but still not 100%.
This was before any injections we all thought it was a flu virus but I new it was much worse .
Have a lovely week hugs June.

Marilyn said...

Your Sammy turned out so nice.
Honeysuckle is so very pretty, love that finishing piece.
Glad you are feeling somewhat better.
Marilyn

Stasi said...

Your piece are great! Keep moving forward with the recovery!

Robin in Virginia said...

Both of your pieces are lovely, Vickie! Love the Uncle Sam! Glad you are resuming some of your normal activities, but also listen to your body when it says enough. Okay? Happy Monday!

Purple Pixie Dust said...

I hope you feel better soon.
I like all your stitching.
Have a good week. big hugs

marly said...

A friend is having an implant put into her back for pain, surgery is not recommended. I think it's like a souped up TENS unit. Smaller of course!

Glad family is healing.

MartinaM said...

Another beautiful patriotic pattern. And a great finish.
I like June Honey Suckle and would even go with my summer decorations with the bees. A very nice motive.
I am happy that you are negative, the bodies are so different and everyone needs their time. So take it easy.
Happy Stitching, Martina

Ele said...

Good news you are all negative! Hope you will soon recover completely, take it easy and pamper yourself

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I am glad that you are all negative again, it's the first step in recovery.
The June piece is so pretty and I like the way you're displaying them each month.