Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, August 5, 2022

Heading Into August

 Hi friends! Another hot one today. 🥵 We are headed to the State Fair today. I did look online, and I saw that I won a Fourth Place Ribbon for this guy. Remember him?

I entered him in the Stuffed Animal category. Our State Fair does not have a punch needle category. I will ask Brian to get a picture of me with little punch needle Henry at the State Fair today. 😁

Here is the 🌻August Cubby Shelf Display🌻 Most of these are stitched over one.

🍉🐝🍉🐝🍉🐝🍉🐝🍉🐝🍉

✂️Grandma Annie's Sewing Basket 🍅by our friend Melisa Thank you dear Melisa❣️ 
✂️Needle & Thread🍅I love these both. I knew they would look great in my cubby shelf.🥰 I stitched mine on 40ct lambswool linen and I have never stitched two over two on 40ct before, but I did it this time! I wanted it to stand out in the cubby shelf. I think it looks alright and not messy? I used DMC and VMSS Baby Pink.🤩 I did change almost every color given. I wanted that basket to be the color of my own Longaberger sewing basket. I used the satin stitch for the spools and French knots for the pin heads.
✂️🧵✂️🧵✂️🧵✂️🧵✂️🧵✂️
I am now stitching a birthday gift for my brother Jonathan. I am creating it as I go. It is him in the garden. He started a very large vegetable garden this year. Unfortunately he is not able to finish with the gardening. He has been in and out of the hospital four times since he contracted COVID on Memorial Day. He has permanent lung damage. He almost died two of his four visits to the ER. His skin suffered such a severe inflammatory response, he now has to have IV infusion treatments every two weeks that last 4 hours each time. They are extremely expensive. Jon is on 14 daily medications! Would you please pray for Jonathan? Thank you my friends. I appreciate this very, very much. And I hesitated to do this, but, I will. Jon is very, very active in the bluegrass community. He is part of a bluegrass band and is "The Chicken Man" in the bluegrass world. I am giving you the link to Go Fund Me that the bluegrass community set up for him. If you want to check it out, do so HERE

Linda you are the winner of the embroidery chart. I have emailed you. I will get that out to you soon!

You are my hiding place and my shield; I hope in Your word.  Psalm 119:114

We have a going away party to attend tomorrow. Our niece Maddie is going to move to Florida to attend college. An outdoor BBQ, and it is going to be 90 degrees. Ugh.

I hope you have a lovely weekend my friends! Thank you for stopping by!

Stitching and praying,

Vickie





12 comments:

MartinaM said...

Oh how nice, congratulations on winning. You've got two beautiful motifs ready for your August shelf. Oh that doesn't sound good with your brother, I'll keep him in my prayers.
I wish you a nice celebration with your niece.
It rained for us that night - finally - once and the temperatures are much better. And the garden is happy.
Enjoy your weekend, Martina

butterfly said...

Congrats Vickie I would have voted for your lovely sweet doggy .
Your shelf is always looking lovely and is now always so full.
I will pray for your Brother who really has been so poorly bless him.
Enjoy your day .

Manuela said...

Congratulation Vickie. The poodle you have made, looks so cute.
I pray for your brohter and hope he feeling better soon.
The temperature go down last night. Today it is raining.
Have a nice weekend. Manuela

Marilyn said...

Your Henry is too cute, congrats on the ribbon.
Have fun at the fair!
Prayers for Jonathan.
Marilyn

Stasi said...

Congrats on the ribbon for Henry..enjoy your trip to the fair!
Hope Jonathan keeps moving forward in his recovery!

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations on your ribbon for Henry, Vickie! Well done! Hope you have a good fair outing. Your August cubby looks fabulous. What color did you use for the basket? Continuing to pray for your brother and his recovery.

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Hi Vickie,

Congrats on winning a ribbon at the fair. Hope you have lots of fun today at the fair. Praying for your brother.
I got your email last night, thanks.

Have a safe day big hugs Lynda Ruth

diamondc said...

Vickie: I am so sorry to hear about Johnathon, I will add him to our daily Prayers, I also went to the Go-fund me page, thank-you for the link.
Congratulations on the Ribbon, Punch Needled Henry is adorable.
Have a great week, raining hard here yahoo.

Catherine

Vicki said...

The cubby shelf looks cute! Praying for your brother.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations of the ribbon for little Henry! He is so sweet, what judge could resist him?
The cubby looks great for August with the new additions.
I guess this is the brother whose autographed dungarees you spent so much time on? I do hope the medications are able to help him. But how sad he has to worry about the cost at a time like this. It's nice of his friends to rally round to help him out.

marly said...

What the heck is happening with your brother? So strange how this virus can affect some so seriously and others in different ways and mild!! Does not make sense. I sure hope he starts to recover. I only know of one local gal that had skin affected by covid. A rash, not itchy, all over her legs in 2020 and has not had any hair grow back. No shaving in two years!!

Carol said...

The ribbon for little Henry is well deserved, Vickie! He is adorable :) Your August cubby looks so cute and I love your two new finishes featuring the pink thread. So sorry to hear that your brother is still struggling... I agree with Marly--it's so odd how differently the virus affects each person who gets it. Do take care now ♥