Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, July 22, 2022

Snow Tree

 Hi friends! I finally took the time to do the finishing on Brian's Christmas ornament.

🎄Snow Tree from Christmas Tree Collection VI by JBW Designs. 🎄  I tried to finish it in the same way it is displayed on the cover of the pattern. 

I used Vonnna's tutorial on rusched ribbon and beading. I fear the ribbon got a bit away from me. 🥴 Well, next time it will be better. Good thing Brian loves whatever I make. Hey, I do not think it looks bad enough to redo! 

I stitched this with the called for threads, two over two on 28ct ivory linen. Thank you for this pattern Gracie!💗 The little angel charm is from you also!! 😁

🎄🌲🎄🌲🎄🌲🎄🌲🎄🌲🎄

I am now stitching up my monthly pattern for July, July's Delphinium. So pretty!



📚 This was a great read my friends. As you know, I usually just read "real books" when I am on the treadmill, and this book was so good, it had me getting on the treadmill and staying on! That's a good thing!! 😉😄 This is an historical novel that is set in 1947 in Washington DC, with the main characters being a young, successful black business woman and a white Southern Senator. They are drawn to each other, and of course, well, interracial love is not exactly well accepted during these early days of the Civil Rights Movement. I am not going to give away any more my friends. I read an advanced copy of this book. The book just came out this month. Look for it! Angela writes clean books. We should support such authors.
I have gotten back on the treadmill daily. However, I suffer from shortness of breath and tightness in my chest after walking not even at the pace I used to (which is not that fast) and for only 15 minutes at a time. I went to see my primary care doctor. She said my lungs are clear, but gave me an albuterol inhaler to use before the treadmill now. It helps. I have to do it every time. And I walk 3 times a day. 😞 I am still coughing up phlegm all day, every day. I am to take Mucinex every day until this stops. She said COVID coughs with or without phlegm last 6 to 8 weeks usually. Ugh. We do not know if I will need the inhaler after that.

The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart,

And saves such as have a contrite spirit.  Psalm 34:18


Yucky hot here. Near or above 90 daily. Hope you are managing to stay cool my friends.

Thank you for stopping by. I hope you have a nice weekend! I appreciate your friendship!

Stitching and praying,
Vickie



9 comments:

Stasi said...

Very cute finish...hope you feeling better soon!

MartinaM said...

Your Christmas tree looks amazing and I can't wait to make one myself, very pretty finish.
Oh dear, the long-term effects after Covid are bad. I hope and pray that you feel better soon and your shortness of breath goes away.
Have a nice weekend, Martina

butterfly said...

I love the little tree , you did a great job Vickie.
Take care and hope you soon feel 100% soon,
Enjoy your weekend .

Robin in Virginia said...

Precious ornament finish, Vickie! Sorry that you continue to have breathing issues as well as the cough. Praying for continued improvement. Enjoy your weekend, my friend.

Ele said...

Such a cute finish Vickie. And thank you for the tip about the book, it does sound interesting.
I am sorry about the shortness of breath, but I am glad the lungs are clear. Hope you will soon be fine and will forget all about it
Enjoy the weekend

diamondc said...

Hi Vickie: I think this is an adorable design, you did a wonderful finishing with the ribbon.
I hope you are feeling better soon, we have natural immunity to covid, we both have very good immune systems for colds and flus.

Have a Blessed Day
Catherine

Vicki said...

Brian's ornament is so cute! I wouldn't change a thing. Praying your cough resolves soon...

Carol said...

Such a cute ornament, Vickie! I'm sure Brian will love it. I am glad to read you have gotten back to the treadmill even if just for short spurts... baby steps, right? So sorry you got such a bad case of Covid--how did the rest of your family fare?

Take care now and I hope you enjoy your weekend (do you have air conditioning, I hope?) ♥

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The tree ornament is adorable. I tried ruched ribbon once. It's a lovely finish but quite time consuming and I kept getting my needles tangled with each other!
Sorry you are still not 100% but keep taking it slow and steady and you'll get there.