Calendar Poodle SAL

Monday, August 17, 2026

Little Henry

 Hi friends.

🐩Little Henry🐩 

I had been planning to make an "animal cracker-type Henry" before he died, I just did not get to it fast enough. 😢 I have been restricted by my doctor from stitching for almost all of August, due to the bicep tendonitis. I stitched Henry with my left hand. When there is a will, there is a way. It comforted me to create and make this.

I created this little pattern to look like Henry when he was a bit younger. He used to do a trick. I asked him to do "Up top." He would stand on his hind legs like this and barely tap my hands with his front paws. 🐾🥺 Oh Henry. I miss you so.

🧵I stitched Henry two over two on 32ct Marbled Bunny linen with DMCs. I used Marbled Bunny for the back also. It is filled with wood shavings from Emerson. Henry stands 3 1/2 inches top to bottom. Tiny. Just like him. 💗

🐩🐾🐩🐾🐩🐾🐩🐾🐩🐾🐩

The heavens declare the glory of God;

And the firmament shows His handiwork.

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart

Be acceptable in Your sight,

O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer.  Psalm 19:1,14

Thank you for your compassion and support and friendship and prayers. God bless you.

Stitching and praying,

Vickie





8 comments:

Marilyn said...

Your little Henry is so cute.
I know you miss him terribly.
You are in my thoughts.
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Your tiny Henry is simply darling, Vickie. Thinking of you! I hope your bicep tendonitis is mending.

Anonymous said...

Your little Henry stitch is adorable. Great job stitching; especially left handed. I am so very sorry for your loss of your little loved one. May your healing come quickly so that you can stitch more soon.

Carol said...

I love your sweet little Henry, Vickie, and am so impressed that you can stitch with your left hand. He's adorable and a perfect way to honor your dear boy. I do hope you heal quickly... I'm going through some pain myself right now and it is very tiring. Take care now and hoping the happy thoughts of Henry bring comfort! ♥

Manuela said...

Very cute, your little Henry.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. That little cross stitch you made of Henry is adorable! Would you consider publishing the pattern on your blog? I have a gray "grand dog" poodle that looks amazingly like Henry. He's 15 now and can't see or hear well so it's going to be a devastating loss for my son and his family. Thank you so much. And again, I'm sorry, Becky

diamondc said...

Hello Vickie: What a sweet memory of Henry, so cute, and so tiny, you are a wonderful mom to do this memory.
I am so sorry to hear about the problem with your bicep.
I pray for you daily.

Catherine

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Your little Henry is precious! I wish you good health and happiness. God bless you. You have a lovely blog. Warm greetings from a retired lady living in Montreal, Canada.