Calendar Poodle SAL

Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Angel

 Hi friends! I have a finish to share with you.💖Et encore un petit ange💖 

This is a free pattern I have had printed off for 5 years from mamou.over-blog.net! It is a Christmas angel I have made up into an ornament for this Christmas for my Mom. She is simple and sweet and I think she is darling. 🥰 I think Mom will too. All supplies are from my stash. The backing fabric is from the late 80's. I stitched her two over two on antique white linen with 816 DMC.

I am now stitching up Brian's Christmas ornament. Are any of you working on Christmas stitching?

📚Over the past few months I have been reading all three of these fun, light reads. I hope the authors (Juneau Black is the pen name of two female authors from here in the Milwaukee area.) continue this series. I was going to label these as clean reads, but then the third book included several swear words. A wolf character, who appears only in that book, has a loose tongue. Hoping this does not happen again in a future book, as these are truly enjoyable books. You can see above, the author's note from the last book. I shared it with you since it gives you a great idea of what the books are about.

I went to urgent care today. Got tired of being short of breath. The doctor prescribed a cough medicine and an antibiotic. I have bronchitis. 😒Guess that explains why I cannot breath with with any light exercise at all. Feels like breathing through a wet sponge. 😟Hoping this will kick this COVID in the 🍑!!!

My brother Jon is on a LOT of medication, (he is diabetic) but seems to be managing his breathing at home alright now. He has to use a nebulizer to help administer the medication.

 Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.  James 1:12

Thank you for stopping by my friends. I hope the rest of this week is a nice one for you. Take care now.

Stitching and praying,
Vickie






8 comments:

MartinaM said...

A sweet angel and such a fitting finish. I like it very much. Your mom will be very happy.
No, I'm still working on summer motifs, but autumn is coming soon and then the other things.
Oh bronchitis can last a very long time, good thing you went to the doctor. I am praying for you to get better soon my friend.
hugs, Martina

Marilyn said...

It's cute Angel.
I hope you and your brother get well soon,
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

The angel ornament is darling, Vickie. I am sorry to hear about the bronchitis. Continued prayers for you and your family members.

Vicki said...

Cute finish!
Hang in there, Vickie. Continuing to pray.

butterfly said...

Oh she is beautiful , I wish I was your mom ha .
Love it , have a good day.

Carol said...

I do love that sweet angel, Vickie... So sorry to hear that you now have bronchitis. UGH!! But, I bet the antibiotic will kick in soon. So hoping your brother improves, too ♥

Georgia said...

I love your little Angel, it is adorable, and finished beautifully. Thank you for the update on you and your brother. Hang in there my friend and I will keep praying for you and yours:)

Claudette497 said...

Cute finish!
I'm always looking for new mysteries, those look like fun reads!