Calendar Poodle SAL

Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Stitching and Reading

 Hi friends! I am working on the finishing of the final Ric Rack Row of the year. I have also begun stitching the second cathedral I designed to gift our two priests. The snow globes from Amazon came today. They will work. However, they come with TURQUOISE  GLITTER to put in them. I don't think so. I will have to go to a local craft store and buy iridescent glitter. I would like "snow", but you add water to these and you add glitter I guess. I am not messing around. I do not have much time left!













📚Miss Eliza Acton, at thirty-six, dreams to to be a poet. publish her poems with an When the international publisher rejects her poems, and instead tells her to write a cookery book, she thinks on it and decides to do it. This is England, 1837. And it is fascinating. She hires a kitchen maid Ann Kirby, this much is true. Eliza and Ann both worked on a cookery book which is known as “the greatest British cookbook of all time. " This book is historical fiction, with a great story and filled with delightful recipes and cooking.













Friends, wOw! THIS BOOK. Do yourself a favor, listen to this book. This is THE first book I have ever read or listened to by Nicholas Sparks. This book really, really, really touched me. The main character, Maggie, has a melanoma. Some of you know, but most of you do not, I had a melanoma removed 7 years ago. I have never read a book before where a character has melanoma and it was just so... I do not know. I cannot put it into words friends. It just really spoke to me. (Let me remind you, get your skin checked by a dermatologist!)

Maggie became pregnant at 16 and was sent away by her family to live with her aunt on a remote island. There she met the young love of her life, Bryce. I am not going to give away the rest of the story. I will tell you that later in life, Maggie is a famous photographer, and the other primary character, Mark comes to work at her gallery. As her assistant, she becomes dependent on him and she also opens up and shares her life story with him. Now you may think I am a weirdo, but the character Mark reminded me SO much of our Jacob. He is such a good, Christian, compassionate, loving, caring, young man. Just like our Jacob. And they both love photography as a hobby.

This is NOT my last Nicholas Sparks book. It is my first!

What will be your last cross stitch piece of this year? Mine will be the December Ric Rack Row.

Unless Your law had been my delight, I would then have perished in my affliction. Psalm 119:92

Thanks for stopping by! I may not be back in this year, so Happy New Year my friends! God bless you all. I am so thankful for you all. Take care now. 💕

Stitching and praying, 
Vickie

4 comments:

Barb said...

Good luck getting your snow globes finished! They will make lovely gifts. As usual, thank you so much for the book suggestions. I have never read a Nicholas sparks novel.

MartinaM said...

Thanks for the many book tips over the course of the year, I am curious what will be shown in your house in the next year.
Happy New Year, Martina

Manuela said...

Many years ago I read a book from Nicholas Sparks.
Happy New Year, Manuela

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I got books for Christmas too! I think you would like the pop-up version of The Snow Queen my secret Santa at work sent me! It's beautiful. I must take photos for my blog.
Hope you can get the snow globes sorted out in time.