Calendar Poodle SAL

Monday, December 13, 2021

Gifts!

 Hi friends!  🎁I received this adorable ornament from our friend Stasi 💚 

Thank you my dear friend! It is hanging on our tree with the other lovelies gifted to me from you.💕

This is the ornament I gifted Stasi.

This is 'Oh Christmas Bee!' found in Cross Stitch Favorites Christmas 2021 magazine. I stitched it two over two on 36ct white linen with most of the called for DMC. The black bands on the bee were to be golden brown. Sorry Stasi, I don't know if you would approve of that?? I looked and did not find bees with brown bands. I went with the traditional look here Stasi. The white tart pan is an ornament from Hobby Lobby I bought last year and mounted this little guy in.

🎁 I received this sweet Margaret Sherry Christmas pattern from our friend June

Thank you again June. I look forward to stitching up that darling cat. I cannot show what I sent June yet, as she has not yet received my card and gift.



















📚🎧THIS is a FANTASTIC book I HIGHLY recommend! I listened to it and loved that. Have any of the rest of you read this book or listened to it? Or have you seen the movie? I watched the trailer. Nope. I will not see it. They changed it some. I HATE that. I ALWAYS stick with the books.
When a blizzard strands them in Salt Lake City, two strangers agree to charter a plane together, hoping to return home. Yes, the plane crashes atop a mountain. They survive, not uninjured and in remote wilderness in the dead of winter. Days in the mountains become weeks. Their reliance on each other grows to say the least.
I would call this book a clean read, but for one swear word. Darn was not used. There is zero sex in it. I cannot say the same about the movie. I do believe they had to add a few words and show some body. Sad, isn't that? Why do that. I don't need it. Do we need that?? Charles Martin is an author I am seeking out now.
I have one cathedral stitched. 😁 The not so good news is that the snow globes are coming from England. They say they take two business days to pull them or get them prepared. Then four days to ship them to America??!! I will believe that when I see it folks! I am praying I get them before the end of December. Remember we are Orthodox Christian. Our Christmas is January 7th. 

But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.  Isaiah 40:31

Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you have a wonderful week ahead. It is sunny and mild here.

Stitching and praying,
Vickie




10 comments:

butterfly said...

Love your ornaments .
And the bee one is so sweet .
Have fun .

diamondc said...

Merry Christmas Vickie: Lovely gifts you exchanged between you and Stasi.
Lovely gift from June.
I will check out the book for book club.

Merry Christmas
Catherine

Purple Pixie Dust said...

I just saw that movie last month and there was no sex, she did break her arm. It was a lovely story and I liked the ending. They had quite a journey to go thru.
Love the gifts you got and received. Big hugs

Robin in Virginia said...

What lovely ornaments you have received, Vickie!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a lovely Ornament exchange. How do you display your stitched ornaments?

Carol said...

Such beautiful ornaments both given and received, Vickie! And I know you'll enjoy stitching that cute kitty from June!

Manuela said...

so beautiful your ornaments. The little bee is very cute.
Have fun to stitch the little cute motiv.
Have a nice day. Manuela

Vicki said...

Great gifts! Merry Christmas

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Beautiful gifts, both made and received.

Astrids dragon said...

So many sweet ornaments, that bee is really cute!