Calendar Poodle SAL

Thursday, December 23, 2021

Getting Ready For Christmas!

 Hi friends! I have finished the Christmas stitching I was working on.🎅Merry One by Plum Street Samplers🦌 

Thank you once again Lisa for borrowing me this sweet pattern❣️ 

You may notice I changed mine. The upper righthand corner does NOT have the 25 postage stamp. I removed it and put in another holly leaf and berries. Why? Because we are Orthodox Christians. We celebrate Christmas on January 7th. This is not the first time I have had to adapt Christmas pieces. Take a closer look at my December and January cubby shelf pieces next time.😉

I stitched this one over two on 40ct mystery linen with some of the called for DMC and VMSS and WDW Palomino for the deer. I think this is SO precious! 🥰All of the trims and finishing fabrics were from my stash.

✂️🧵 These are the gifts I made friends this year. 

I cut little stockings from my antique Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt top and sewed the front to the backs. So sweet.💝 This is the one I made for Madeleine. 

I fussy cut hers. There was one flower in the "garden" with a girl patch in the center❣️ Isn't she great?

This is not a thrilling picture, I know! 

I made this pillowcase for Brian for Christmas.😊 I made it in secret, and using fabrics in my stash. That great border fabric was a gift from @dababyg Brian is going to really love it Donna. Thank you❣️ I used the "burrito pillowcase method". Very easy! I highly recommend it. Google it.

I have been baking a batch of cookies every day this week. These are 'Grinch Cookies'.

 The recipe is from Katrina's Kitchen I do not make these every year, but this is an old recipe and it is very easy and delicious and cute!

This was the next batch of yummies I made.💖 

These are ours. The remaining ones, after I packaged up the other ones for gift giving. 💝 These are called Crunchy Chocolate Mint Balls, a family favorite for years. You can find the recipe on Taste of Home, and yes, they call for white sprinkles. I normally do that, but decided this year to use up my assorted sprinkles.😄

Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cookies for the win!⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 

Thank you Carol for this DELCIOUS recipe! Everyone loves it! I had to hide the ones I want to gift!!

And these are the last cookies I am making! A family favorite! Wookie Cookies! 🤎

I do not make these every year since they are time consuming. Just use your favorite gingerbread recipe. I melt chocolate chips for the bandolier, eyes and nose. I use powdered sugar with a touch of milk for the "bullets" and the mouth. My boys (men) always love these. Well, we all do.

Whew! Not a lot of time for stitching this week. That is unfortunate. I have one cathedral stitched. I am not too worried about the other one as our Orthodox Christmas is January 7th. However, the snow globes!! DHL lost them!!! SO Brian ran to Hobby Lobby and got me two they had there just in case. I really do not want to use these. The photo opening will work, because I cut my linen large, but the opening is vertical, not horizontal. My cathedral is longer than taller. So Brian, bless him, searched the internet for more snow globes. He found two different ones. They only come in sets, but he ordered them. They come on Tuesday, supposedly. We did order through Amazon though, so it should work this time. I am not keeping all these snow globes! HA! REALLY!!

We are going to church with my in-laws and Jacob and Kristen and Emerson and Madeleine also. Then to the in-laws for dinner and gifts. Christmas Day we go to Mom's with my brothers. Auntie Kathy lives with Mom so she is there too. She is doing well these days. 

For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ  Philippians 3:20

I hope and pray you all have a Blessed Christmas my friends. Let us all hope we stay safe and do NOT contract the virus after this holiday season. God bless you my friends. I am so very glad you stopped by. Take good care of yourselves. 

Stitching and praying,

Vickie




10 comments:

butterfly said...

What a lovely post full of goodies .
Love your new stitch and those stocking are very special I love mine .
Wow and all those cookies ,they look so yummy .
Have a lovely time with family hugs June.

Manuela said...

Hello Vickie,
a long but wonderful post.
So many wonderful finishes. I like your new christmas finish and the little socks are very cute.
All your cookies are look very yummy.
Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Hugs, Manuela

Stasi said...

Merry One turned out wonderfully...the fabric used is a perfect compliment for the stitched piece.Wishing you a blessed holiday season!

diamondc said...

Vickie: Your Plum Street Sampler is beautiful, you picked the perfect coordinating fabric.
The bottle bruch tree and Santa along with the stitched design make a beautiful display.
Your primitive lookig stocking ornaments are positively adorable.
Madeleine's ornament is so sweet, very nice pillow case.
I spent all day yesterday making cookies, i am glad it happens once a year, its a load of work, your wookie cookies are so cute.

Merry Christmas
Catherine

Robin in Virginia said...

Merry One is darling, Vickie! I love the reindeer in this stitch. Love the ornaments you created from the quilt and Madeleine's fussy cut one is adorable. What a wonderful assortment of goodies you created! Yum! Wishing you and your family a joy-filled holiday season.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love the way you've finished Merry One and those stocking are lovely too.
The cookies all look delicious, I am sure they won't hang around long with all the family about!

Barb said...

Blogger has just been giving me fits and not letting me comment! I am sorry if I missed your posts. I value my blog friends!! I read them but no comment. My DD was here for Christmas and helped me figure this out. Fingers crossed! I love your stitched piece. It is so cute and I do love the holly leaf! I hope your celebration of Christmas will be wonderful and full of blessings! We had a very nice day and last night our video Church was full of special meaning!

Julie - More Of Him said...

Everything is so beautiful, Vickie! Your cookies look so delicious, too. I did make homemade chocolate chip cookies before Christmas and have enjoyed having them! I’m stitching again and feel so blessed to be able to do so. Have a wonderful Christmas! Blessings - Julie

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

You have been busy Vickie with your baking and stitching.
Wishing you a Happy Christmas on the 7th January and before that a Happy New Year.

Astrids dragon said...

What a fabulous finish, the fabric you chose goes perfectly with the Merry One.
Awe, your stockings are so cute, what sweet gifts.
Oh my, all of your baked treats look delicious and those Wookie Cookies are the best! I bet Chewie would love that cutout when I make him his dog treats.