Calendar Poodle SAL

Monday, December 20, 2021

Lots O Gifts!

 Hi friends! Our local stitch group, Cross Stitcherhood, had our Christmas Zoom meeting last week. We sent packages by mail to each other. We were to exchange Christmas ornaments or other small stitched items. The name I drew in our group was Margo. This is what I stitched for her.

🎁This is Peace by Blackbird Designs from the 2012 JCS Ornaments issue. I stitched this on the suggested linen, abecedarian, only mine was 32ct, not 30. I stitched with most of the recommended flosses, but used WDW and VMSS also. I REALLY wanted to finish it this way using this floral fabric charm piece I had in my stash from the Moda line Panier de Fleurs. What a finishing challenge to make every bit of that fabric count!!! It is backed with wool felt almost the exact color of the bird. 🥰 I must give credit to the sweet finishing on the top of the ornament. I saw that idea on one of  Faye's posts a while back and remembered it and loved that idea. I made a miniature version of it here. 

I am very happy to say that Margo loves her ornament. Margo loves samplers.

🎁I received all of these gorgeous gifts from my friend Kathy in our group in our First Annual Christmas Exchange❣️(via Zoom) The banner Kathy made me is Mill Hill. ⛄ His smile! Oh it is SO precious! I LOVE him!

And do you see the darling needle minder? Mary and baby Jesus? 🥰 I am going to be testing NEW skills with wool applique! 

🎁I received this beautiful PINK💗Christmas card from our friend Martina 

I knew just what finish I wanted to make with her beautiful stitching. She never could have known I planned to stitch a wreath this very Christmas season for myself and place it in this antique glass salt cellar. 

I had the free wreath pattern printed and waiting. 
Martina you saved me a step! HA! 😆 This turned out just as I envisioned it. Thank you once again dear Martina!💕 Just wait my friends. I am NOT done with my pink creations yet. 💗💕💕💗

🎁Yes! Another GORGEOUS PINK 💗GIFT❣️Our friend Manuela sent this pretty PINK stitched piece to me. 

I took it out of the card and mounted it on a a milk bottle cap topped with Warm & Natural and carefully popped it into this reindeer candleholder. 🦌 I love it! 

I will display this next to the pink wreath Martina made me. Now if only the pink bottle brush trees I ordered off of Amazon ever come! They literally came on a slow 🚢 from China! They are now waiting in California.😒

🎁 This GORGEOUS PINK 💗GIFT is from our friend Georgia 

Out of the sunshine the pink is a bit deeper. 💕Thank you once again dear Georgia for this beauty!

🎁ooOoo! Another GORGEOUS PINK 💗GIFT❣️ 

This one is from our friend Carol This is JBW Designs Snowflake, and Carol made it PINK💕 just for me! Thank you Dear Carol. I love it so much.

Lord, You have heard the desire of the humble;

You will prepare their heart;

You will cause Your ear to hear, Psalm 10:17

The Lord certainly heard my prayers when I asked him for friends who cross stitch years ago. I am so grateful to God for ALL OF YOU MY FRIENDS. 💕 Thank you for stopping by. Thank you for leaving me comments. I plan to be here again before Western Christmas. I will show you some cookies I am baking. And some stitching I am working on. 

Have a wonderful day! Take good care now.

Stitching and praying.
Vickie




10 comments:

Manuela said...

Hello Vickie,
your little ornament for your friend in your stitching group is so beautiful. Lovely finish. You recieved a wonderful gift.
All the card are so beautiful.
I'm so glad you love my little pink star. Your finish is great.
Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Hugs, Manuela

Marilyn said...

All of your goodies are so pretty.
Love the Santa hat pic.
Marilyn

Stasi said...

Stitchy friends re the best..perfect gifts all around...enjoy!

Robin in Virginia said...

What beautiful pink treasures you have received, Vickie! Know you are enjoying them.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a wonderful selection of pink goodies!
I love the ornament you made for Margo, it looks exactly like the corner of a larger antique Sampler.

Jackie's Stitches said...

What a great way to do an exchange with friends! Most of the time you ship off your piece and don't get to see them open it! Merry Christmas Vickie!

MartinaM said...

I'm so excited about what you made of my little pattern and Manuela's too. You have such great ideas and implemented them perfectly.
Wonderful gifts.
I wish you a merry Christmas time, Hugs Martina

Carol said...

What a beautiful gift you made for Margo, Vickie--and how nice to be stitching with some pink yourself. Enjoy all those pink goodies... looking forward to seeing your baking!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Vickie, You made a pretty gift and received a beautiful selection of gifts as well.

Astrids dragon said...

What a fun group you have and what you stitched is so lovely. I love the way you finished it.
The snowman banner is similar to the angel I am making my Mom, I really like that fabric.
I just got a salt cellar and was wondering what to stitch in it, the wreath from Martina is perfect for yours. I have some reindeer and still haven't figured out what I'm doing for it yet. Do your friends know you, or what?!