Calendar Poodle SAL

Sunday, September 5, 2021

September

 Hi friends! Here are my displays for September.

📚September Cubby Shelf Display📚 

These are all stitched over one. Except the little September pillow on top. Have you ever wondered about the lady in the center of the cubby shelf? I stitched her in 2017. I stitched her because to me, she looks like Maisie, and I am a huge fan of Jacqueline Winspear and Maisie Dobbs, so I just had to create a Maisie for my cubby shelf. If you have not read the series, I highly recommend it! "Maisie" is stitched one over one on 40ct cream linen using DMC 640.

🍂🍄September Corner Shelf🍄🍂

I am now stitching a portrait of little Henry. 😁 I have had this pattern in my stash for so many years! This month I already got my Mom's Christmas ornament stitched up, so I began Henry. I need to finish the ornament, but, well, doing ornament making is not as fun, is it? I will get it done this week. I will!

Have there been any new charts released during this year's Needlework Expo that caught your eye? I do not catch the Needlework Expo Fever. I would be interested to hear what your favorites are though.

Auntie Kathy needs your prayers my friends. She had her chemo infusion on Friday, but went into anaphylactic shock after her chemo was completed. It took another hour and 45 minutes giving her oxygen and meds to get her under control. :( She cannot have chemo. Only the chemo pill she has been taking. She sees her doctor soon. 

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory,  while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.  2Corinthians 4:16-18

I hope and pray this is a nice long weekend for my American friends. Thank you to everyone for stopping by. I am so glad you enjoy visiting with me. 😊 Thank you. I appreciate your friendship all these years!

Stitching and praying,
Vickie





15 comments:

Donna G. said...

I saw lots of Expo projects that I liked. I did end up ordering Putini Putini’s “when I think of” charts for October, November, and December. I also ordered the sampler stickers that NeedleworkPress designed. And since I was placing an order with my online LNS, I added a couple of older charts that have been on my wishlist. 😊

Barb said...

I will remember your Aunt Katie and hope the pill is enough. I love the way your cubby is looking! It is getting very full. I am trying to stitch things that I have. Nothing really screamed buy me!

diamondc said...

Vickie: I am so sorry to hear about Kathy's episode, how horrible.
I love all your stitching displays, but the two things that I love the most are the fall dog with the button eyes and the mushroom, so sweet, as a4e all your displays.
Have a great weekend.

Catherine

butterfly said...

Yes Aunty Kathy will be in my prayers bless her.
Love your lady , and all your stitching smalls .
Have a good week hugs June.

diamondc said...

I forgot to tell you, I did not even look at the expo, I want to use up the patterns I have from previous years.

Have a wonderful day
Catherine

Stasi said...

Your corner shelf looks great as ever...especially love the acorn on the 4th shelf down.

Robin in Virginia said...

Vickie, praying for your Aunt Kathy. I am sorry that she had a reaction like she did, but equally relieved that they were able to bring her out of the anaphylactic shock.

Both your cubby and corner shelf look great.

Jackie's Stitches said...

I'm so sorry that your Aunt Kathy has had an allergic reaction to her treatment. It had to have been horrible for her! xoxo

Vicki said...

So sorry to hear about Kathy's reaction to the IV chemo. I'm praying that the Dr. will have an alternate plan to take its place. Is she able to have someone with her while she receives the treatment? Until last summer I was able to sit with my friend for her chemo each session. Then with Covid, I would take her, drop her off and then she'd call me and we'd talk on the phone until she was ready to fall asleep (from the Benadryl). Now they've stopped the Benadryl so she's able to drive herself. She still calls me as soon as she's hooked up and we talk on the phone. It's not like being there, but at least it's a connection.

cécilelabrodeuse said...

bonsoir VICKIE ..... je suis Cécile en France ...je vous suis depuis longtemps déjà ..... j'aime les caniches - j'ai perdu le mien qui s'appelait VOYOU en mars 2020 .... il avait 16 ans. J'aime regarder vos bibelots caniche j'essaie d'en trouver un ici mais je ne trouve pas. J'aihpate de voir la broderie de HENRY il est si mignon.... bonne soirée à vous à bientôt Cécile

Carol said...

I do hope your Aunt Kathy does okay on the chemo pill alone, Vickie. That must have been very scary for her. Hopefully, there is another drug or treatment plan that she will react to better.

Didn't really look at the Expo designs much--I seem to have more than enough stash here to keep me busy forever :) Lovely August shelf and cubby! Take good care now, my friend ♥

MartinaM said...

I love your September decoration, especially your corner shelf looks great.
I pray for your aunt, people always react so differently to this chemo. I hope it helps.
Hugs Martina

Manuela said...

Hello Vickie,
a wonderful September decoration in your cubby shelf and your corner shelf. I can remembered on your stitching about the lady in your cubby shelf.
I pray for your aunt.
Have a nice week. Manuela

Mary said...

Vickie, How frightening for your Dear Aunt, I pray the pill will work for her. Your shelves are so pretty, I would love to see that covered basket better, it caught my eye!! Glad you will be working on little Henry!!
I didn't look at expo, I have far too much to stitch here already and don't want to be tempted.
I hope you have been feeling well. Take care.

Mary's Thread said...

Hi Vickie, Your seasonal decor is darling as always. I really love the "Praise God" piece. Is that by La D Da? I love her designs especially the ones with little snippets of hymns in them. It puts a song in my heart! The Expo pieces I would not live without (Ha!) are JBW's Round Alphabet, And the Mani di Donna Blue Peacocks set. I also really liked the sampler with the rose wreath on it, I think by From the Heart. Well there were lots of pretty things but those are the ones I plan to buy as soon as they are in stock at my shop. My prayers for your Aunt Kathy. What a hard thing cancer is.