Calendar Poodle SAL

Tuesday, August 31, 2021

August Ric Rac Row

 Hi friends! How are you all this fine day? Staying healthy? I surely do hope so.


🔥🌭🍉August Ric Rac Row by Pine Mountain Designs 

This was stitched one over two on 36 count white linen with DMC. I actually used all the called for colors! A first for me in this series! NO PINK ADDED! 😂 These colors were actually outside my comfort zone. The finishing fabrics are from my stash. I think they all work together nicely, but again, they are outside my comfort zone. My comfort zone is PINK. This month's pattern took me down memory lane. Every summer, all summer we grilled out. And when we were very, very young we went camping. I have not eaten a hot dog in years. That is by choice. I do love roasted marshmallows! 😉

I am now stitching my Mom's Christmas angel ornament.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.  Proverbs 3:5-6

Auntie Kathy begins chemotherapy this Friday. Please keep her in your prayers. Thank you.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me such wonderful comments. I appreciate our friendship! I hope you have a wonderful week ahead!

Stitching and praying,

Vickie





15 comments:

Purple Pixie Dust said...

I love your august ric rac row, where do you get the charts from hugs

Stasi said...

A perfect summertime stitch!

Linda said...

I love all of your ric row row pieces. Would you be interested in selling the charts when your all done?

Linda

MartinaM said...

Your August has beautiful little motifs, and your finish is perfect as always.
I pray for your aunt and hope that she can take her chemo well.
Enjoy your week
Martina

Marilyn said...

Too cute!
Continued prayers for Kathy.
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Your rick rack row pillow is darling, Vickie! Even if it doesn't have any pink in it! Praying for your Aunt Kathy.

Vicki said...

Very cute finish, yes, it works! Praying for Kathy.

Ele said...

what a cute finish! I am sure there will be some pink in the next one :)
Keeping you all in my thoughts
love

diamondc said...

Vickie: The design is adorable, brings back many memories of camping in a tent, not like today when people are in motor homes, I prefer a tent still as old as I am in my 70s.
You picked the perfect fabrics for the finish.
Still have Kathy in our daily Prayers.

Catherine

Ele said...

oops, I just realised that the cute poodle in the picture speaks italian!! :) How sweet

Manuela said...

Hello Vickie,
another lovely monthly finish. I like.
I pry for your Aunt.
Have a nice day, Manuela

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Catching up on blog reading and commenting for your last three posts!
It's always lovely to see your monthly displays and petite stitching.
The Rows are a fun series too, even if this one did not have enough pink!

Carol said...

This is such a cute summer pillow, Vickie! The fabrics you chose are perfect to complement those cute picnic scenes. I'm with you on hotdogs. I had my first in probably 20 years a few weeks ago and I have to admit it was good :) Will I have another--probably not for another 20 years--ha ha! Enjoy your weekend ♥

butterfly said...

What a sweet stitch .
Enjoy your weekend , hugs.

Mary said...

Vickie, I think your "outside the box" colors and finishing is perfect! The bandanna fabric reminds me of summer. My husband and I camped for years in a tent, the more rural and rustic an area the better. I enjoy a good hot dog now and then but you are smart not to eat them. I try to avoid processed foot and they are on the top of the list!