Calendar Poodle SAL

Thursday, September 30, 2021

September Ric Rac Row

 Hi friends! Here is my final finish of September. 📚September Ric Rac Row by Pine Mountain Designs🍎 

This was stitched one over two on 36 count white linen with DMC. I have owl fabric AND alphabet fabric that both would have worked for this finish, BUT they are PINK OF COURSE!💗 I just really want to use fabric from my stash, so these are the best I could do. Solids. It works. 💛❤️🤎 In case you are are wondering, the little prayer book, is The Pocket Key of Heaven. It belonged to my long ago relative, that no one can trace unfortunately. I found it in my Great Aunt Ethel's attic after her death, when Mom, Auntie Kathy and Auntie Patsy and I were clearing out the house. Inside the cover is written in pencil Anna Marie Pritzlaff with Josephine underneath. (Her confirmation name?) Dec. 3rd 1904 Milwaukee, Wis. 

Hmm. I am going to have to remember to do some online research on her. I have done genealogy research on my family in years past. It has been quite a few years though. I set it all aside. Why? Have you done it?! It takes SO MUCH TIME, THAT IS WHY! My goodness! You are on the computer researching one relative, back and back and back. One thing leads to another. And then you look elsewhere, and you find something else that you MUST check or you will NEVER find it again, and I really am NOT exaggerating on that! And the next thing you know, several hours have past and you should have gotten dinner prepared!! Oh yes, I was on quite the family research kick years ago. I got the paternal side done going back to Poland. I know the little town where we are from and I found the second cousins in Illinois who immigrated here in the '80's and even spoke with "my cousin". We exchanged Christmas cards for one year. That was it. Oh well. My Mom's side is a LOT more complicated. VERY melting pot.

I must ask you? Have you researched your family tree? Do you also find it addictive?

📚✂️🧵The Beginning by Beverly Lewis I have found a book about a cross stitcher for us my friends! 😁 The main character is twenty-two year old Susie Mast, who lives with her widowed Mom and younger sister. The sisters both work in the family shop selling baked goods and Susie's CROSS STITCHED FAMILY TREE'S❣️ I have read every one of Beverly's novels over the decades, so I very much enjoyed this one, but it was great fun with the addition of cross stitch in the story too! There is a plot of course. Ha! Beverly's stories always involve love stories and they are always clean reads.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory,  while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.  2Corinthians 4:16-18

Friends, I have not shared this with you before today, but I simply must. I have been suffering with the strongest hormonal migraine I have ever had in my life for over three weeks now. I have gone to the urgent care with it already and received a shot of toradal almost two weeks ago. It did little to nothing. I began steroids at that time also. I am still on steroids for this. It is simply not working yet. I have been on steroids for bad migraines about once a year in the past and it has worked. This is horrid. Squeezing, crushing pain every, single day and night.  I am telling you this, to ask you if you would pray please. Thank you. I am desperate for relief.

Stitching and praying,

Vickie







10 comments:

gracie said...

My dear friend, I am so sorry you are suffering in pain. You are in my daily thoughts.
Now, yes I have done family research. I was lucky to receive some information from my paternal grandfather's family in Italy when my cousin visited. Italians are not easy to trace. It is indeed very time consuming and frustrating when things hit a dead end. So, I have not peeked into that past for a long time.

diamondc said...

Vickie: Of course I will add you to our Prayer list.
I am so sorry you are having this pain, I have had migraines that almost blind me with pain, it is horrible to deal with.
I like your September Row so sweet, you chose the perfect fabric to coordinate with this sweet design.
I like the book, it sounds like my kind of book, I just finished The Last Thing He told Me by Laura Dave, it is a great read.

God's Blessing's

Catherine

butterfly said...

Sorry you are not well my sweet My friend , I had the migraines for years.
Write down what you eat the day before and the next time you get migraine and see if it was the same , then leave this food out for a few weeks .
You will also find age will change your migraines , I don't get any now.

Love your sweet stitch . Have a lovely week .

Manuela said...

So sorry that you are in pain. Migraines are horrible. I had the last two day migraine aswell.
Write down, what you eat and drink every day. Something of this can make migraines. My sister doesn't eat cheese. From cheese she get headache.
Your ric rac row pillow is very cute. I love this series with all the little squares. And the prayer book is a treasure for you, my friend.
Have a happy weekend.
Hugs, Manuela

Stasi said...

So sorry, you are suffering...will keep you in my thoughts!
September Row turned out so cute!

Marilyn said...

It;s cute!
I have not searched family history, but my niece does off & on.
She found some pics from our Dad's side that I've never seen.
It's very interesting.
Prayers for you.
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Your ric rac row is darling, Vickie. Will say an additional prayer for the resolution of your migraine pain, my friend.

Nope, I haven't jumped on the genealogy bandwagon.

Thinking of you!

MartinaM said...

Your September Ric Rak is great, I like your Finsih.
Oh what a lovely old memory Very exciting.
I haven't researched my family tree very much - as you say, it takes a lot of time. But my husband took over his from his grandma, which goes back many years. Exciting.
Have a nice weekend, Martina

marly said...

Vickie you have dealt with pain for so long and I am so sorry this latest episode is not leaving. Why there isn't a treatment that helps is unacceptable. Please keep us updated.

No genealogy research. I tried Ancestry.com and it showed that my Italian grandmother had no siblings, yet she had four. Found out that information like that comes from the families joining and including info, no one else has. That's the explanation why all four grandparents are shown as an only child, yet they all had siblings.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I really like the colours you chose for the September pillow. Sometimes plain is best.
My Uncle enjoyed tracing the family tree but it's easier when everyone lives locally. There were a lot of Benjamins and James, my cousin is the seventh generation to have a Benjamin! My Nana was one of ten children so my second cousins pop up all over the place.
Sorry to hear you have been in a lot of pain again, do take care of yourself, keep hydrated at least. I hope the medical team can find a reason for these migraines. They are miserable.