Calendar Poodle SAL

Saturday, July 3, 2021

Liberty and Justice

 Hi friends!  🐩💖🤍💙🐩 Liberty and Justice by StitchingVickie

 Do you like them?! Do you love them?! I think you know I do! I based them on beaded poodles from a 1950's sweater. 

I decided to design them patriotic, because the idea would not leave my brain, and I think it's fun. 😁

I stitched them two over two on this mystery blue 32ct linen with DMC. The collars are stitched with silver metallic DMC in Smynra Crosses. I found the perfect "frame" at Hobby Lobby. This is actually a patriotic piece that says 4th of July on the front that I simply flipped to the back and ta da! It is the perfect size and color for my poodles. Add some silver ric rac from my stash, and I am happy. I am not one for "lots of stuff". 😉


💕Surprise gifts from our friend Robin came earlier this week! What a great way to end the month! Thank you once again my dear friend for a sweet surprise (belated birthday gifts) 🎁 that came at such a perfect time. I am suffering terribly with migraines right now. The Cally needle minder brought a HUGE smile 😁 to our faces! Love the pink needle case! And I can't wait to use those two GORGEOUS hand dyed PINK flosses! 💗



📚 To survive the Holocaust, Antonina must become Nina, and pose as a Christian farmer's wife. This farmer is Nico, a young man who has just left the seminary to come home to his family who needs him. He has agreed to pretend to be married to Nina to protect her. As they grow to know each other, their feelings deepen for each other. I truly enjoyed this story. It was not only a love story, but a story of survival and triumph.

Hope you have a great Fourth to all my American friends! 🐩💖🤍💙🐩 Stay safe. Stay cool!

Thanks for stopping by! Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate your friendship. 💕

"And the Lord, He is the One who goes before you. He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed.”  Deuteronomy 31:8

Stitching and praying,

Vickie




14 comments:

Barb said...

You should feel so proud of those adorable poodles!! They are perfect for patriotic decorating!!!I really enjoyed that book.

Honeybee said...

Aw, your patriotic puppers! So cute!

butterfly said...

Have a fab July the 4th.
Oh your stitching is so cute love them.
Lovely gifts .
Have a happy day.

Manuela said...

Hello Vickie,
I love your two poodles and the frame is perfect. Great Job.
A lovely gift arrieved.
Happy 4th of July, Manuela

Marilyn said...

Who can not love those Poodles?! Too cute!
The finish is so nice in that frame.
Have a safe & wonderful 4th!
Marilyn

Mary said...

Vickie, I love your Patriotic poodles!!! How sweet of Robin to send such thoughtful gifts. I have to look for that book. I have finally been able to read and it was a great book, The Cooked Seed. Autobiography of the author coming to America from China at the age of 27. Have you read it?
I sure hope your migranes goaway, they are horrible...
Have a Happy 4th!

Carol said...

Your patriotic poodles are just the cutest, Vickie--are you sure you're not a secret cross stitch designer? The frame is wonderful, too--as you say, a perfect find. I wish our Hobby Lobby was closer. Have a Happy 4th, my friend ♥

Vicki said...

Love your patriotic poodles!!

gracie said...

Absolutely love those poodles. You are so creative. Sorry that you are having a terrible time with migraines. Keeping you in my thoughts dear friend.

diamondc said...

Vickie: So adorable, I love them.
Nice gifts from Robin.
I hope your migraines are going away quickly.
Happy Fourth

Catherine

MartinaM said...

The two poodles are fantastically beautiful, your implementation was very successful.
All the best for you, Hugs Martina

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your Stars and Stripes poodles are so cute!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I love your patriotic poodles. What a lovely surprise to receive these belated birthday gifts. I hope that your migraines have eased.

Astrids dragon said...

The two are so adorable, and you found the perfect frame for them!
Robin sent you some lovely gifts. Imagine... pink!