Calendar Poodle SAL

Thursday, July 1, 2021

Birthday Gift

 Hi friends!  💐These beautiful pink roses are from our friend Manuela 

She gifted me this stitched piece for my birthday, and I  made it up into a pillow this week. 💕 Thank you once again Manuela! I love it!


📚Osla, Mab, and Beth are three young ladies of very different backgrounds. They are recruited to work at Bletchley Park to break codes to defeat the Nazi army. I found this book very interesting. Many facts about code breaking I certainly did not know. Also the storyline was quite good.

Thank you so much to each of you who has been praying for my Auntie Kathy, who has colon cancer. The cancer is one mass, with inflamed lymph nodes in that area. The surgery is scheduled for the 16th. She has a few tests she must do first.

I did see my doctor once again for my herniated discs. The steroid shots only worked for pain relief for me for less than two days. Based on this, the doctor referred me to one of his associates to have a consult. I can't get in until OCTOBER! I am on a call list though. sigh. I am planning on having a radiofrequency ablation. The doctor will meet with me and discuss it. Then I will hopefully soon after have an appointment to get an injection in my back of anesthetic. I tell them how much relief I got from that. Two weeks later the doctor repeats this. I tell the doctor again how much relief I got. All to make sure this is the correct spot for me and this will work. Then if all goes well, I will get the RFA done. My doctor tells me I will get pain relief for months up to one year. Brian thought he said some people can get up to two years relief. I don't recall him saying that. I would take it!! The doctor said I can repeat this process again. Not forever, over and over again, but it can be repeated.  I am just hoping I can get in before October.

“Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to your neighbor.” Ephesians 4:25

Thank you for stopping by today my friends! Have a super day! I will be back shortly with something special. 🐩

Stitching and praying,

Vickie





14 comments:

Georgia said...

Oh, my sweet friend hang in there. It surprises me how health care can be so different from state to state. I have a friend in New Mexico, who is struggling with some of the same health issues that you are. I am sorry to hear about your Aunt Kathy, I must have missed reading about her, will certainly add her to my prayer list. The little pillow is just so pretty and cheerful. Please remember, that you are on my heart and in my prayers:)

Barb said...

What a sweet gift from Manuela! I will continue to keep your Aunt in my prayers. I really hope they can find a way to help your back!!

butterfly said...

What a lovely gift from Manuela so pretty.
Have a fun day.

Marilyn said...

Those Roses are beautiful.
Continues prayers for your Auntie.
I hope you get in soon for your back pain, prayers.
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

I love the pillow you created from Manuela's rose card she sent you, Vickie. Praying for an earlier appointment for you. I pray for your relief from pain and for you overall. Thinking of you.

Vicki said...

Thank you for the update on Kathy (continuing to pray) and for the update on you (fervently praying for a cancellation so you can get in sooner). Take care, Vickie!

MartinaM said...

A great idea to use Manuela's pattern to make a small pillow.
I keep my fingers crossed for you that the pain relief will last a long time. Take good care of yourself.
Martina

Willy said...

Hej Vickie,
What a lovely present from Manuela. Beautiful pillow.
Have a nice weekend. Groeten Willy

Astrids dragon said...

You finished Manuela's lovely gift beautifully!
Prayers for your Aunt's surgery and relief for your pain until you can see the Dr in October, but hopefully sooner than that.

Manuela said...

You have made a wonderful pillow form my stitching.
Hope you get the doctor's appointment soon.
Have a nice Sunday, Manulea

Mary said...

Vickie, I will keep you in my prayers that you get relief soon, it's just awful that you are in such constant pain. I sure hope you get in before Oct.
The gift from Manuala is beautiful finished as a pillow!

Carol said...

You turned Manuela's pretty stitching into a very sweet pillow, Vickie!

Sigh... it just seems to be an ongoing saga with these doctors and all the delays, Vickie. It seems to me that if someone is in serious pain, they should be moved to the front of the list. I hope a cancellation happens and you are able to get in sooner--October is a long way away. Keeping you in my prayers as always ♥

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love the way you finished the gifted design, so pretty.
I do hope you get a cancellation to be seen before October. I always thought the point of private healthcare was to avoid queues and waiting!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

You received a lovely stitched gift from Manuela. Your finish of it is ideal.
I sincerely hope that you get your appointment earlier than October. Your pain must be intense if the steroid injection only lasted two days.