Calendar Poodle SAL

Sunday, May 16, 2021

Sweetie

 Hi friends! 🐱This is Sweetie, my Mom's feral cat of over 9 years. 

Sweetie is not doing well. (And she is impossible to catch. They have tried over and over and over again. Even with a trap. She is too smart and too fast.) I stitch her indoor cat or angels for my Mom every year for her birthday and Christmas. I have never stitched Sweetie. It never occurred to me. I searched Google images for a free cross stitch cat that kind of looked like Sweetie and just completely changed every single color on it and charted her tiger stripes she has on her forehead. It seems to look like her. Mom's favorite color is blue. Thank you Stasi for the ribbon! This is a magnet. I  gave it to Mom today. We all went over to Mom's to celebrate her birthday out in the backyard.🎂 I am happy to say she absolutely loved it! I stitched it one over two on 40ct white linen with DMC and VMSS.







📚 I have said it before about Rhys Bowen and I will say it once again, I have read every single one of her books. You cannot go wrong reading Rhys Bowen's books! And this! The Venice Sketchbook just became my favorite. IT IS SO GOOD! I could not put it down. A good thing when it is your treadmill read! 🤣 This is such a well written novel. She does such a fantastic job of describing Venice, you feel you are there. Most of this bittersweet love story takes place during WWII.
I am now stitching a gift for my DIL's birthday.

“Let your light shine for all the nations to see; for the glory of the Lord is streaming from you.” Isaiah 60:1

It is my hope and prayer that you know that you are loved by the Almighty God my friend.

Stitching and praying,
Vickie




10 comments:

Marilyn said...

I hope you can catch sweetie soon.
Cute stitch!
Have a great week!
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Your stitch of Sweetie is precious, Vickie. Wishing you a super week!

Vicki said...

Sweetie is... sweet!

Jackie's Stitches said...

You are so creative Vickie! I'm sure you mom is going to love it!

Angela Tucker said...

Lovely stitching of Sweetie. I've never had feral cats, but I've had cats that thought they were feral. LOL Miss Kittie was our cat for over 18 years. Not interested in pets or hugs. She was all about food and outside. Finally got her to live in the garage after about 17 years...at least I knew she was safe at night. Have a fabulous week!

MartinaM said...

You succeeded in Sweetie very well, I like to think that your mom was happy and it sounds like a great visit.
Have a nice week.
Martina

Manuela said...

Hi Vickie,
a lovely little finish from Sweetie. It is very cute.
Have a nice week. Manuela

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

This is a pretty finish, Vickie. I'm not surprised that your mother was delighted with it. Again, you've given me another book for my reading list. Venice is probably my favourite city. Have you ever read Miss Garnett's Angel by Salley Vickers. I enjoyed that story and it is set in Venice.

butterfly said...

What a fun stitch , sounds like my old cat Candy she was a one , when I use to catch the bus into town where I worked she would try and get on the bus with me .
I had to try and grab her and then take her home . Everyone would laugh about it
she use to hide behind bushes watching me , she hated it when I went out .
She was a very smart cat , loved her to bits.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's a great picture of Sweetie. I love the idea of giving a feral cat a cute name rather than something fierce!