Calendar Poodle SAL

Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Books!

 Hi friends! I made a bookmark from The World of Cross Stitch issue 207 for my DIL Kristen, a fellow booklover. 📚 (Click on the picture for a better view.)

I had this 18ct white bookmark in my stash for ages. I changed all the colors. I used DMC and VMSS Dark Lavender. Two over one, with a lot of backstitching!🤪  I finished it off by sewing a piece of white felt on to the back.

I am now stitching a May monthly piece.

📚 THIS BOOK! I think it may be my favorite so far this year. This is a TRUE story of the author's mother (Vera) and her best friend (Edith) who both jumped off the train carrying them from Budapest to Auschwitz during World War II. I am not going to tell you everything that happens to these two lifelong best friends. I will tell you that multiple times I forgot this was based on a true story. The saying, "truth is stranger than fiction" seems to apply, because the lives of the best friends can be so outrageous that I forgot about it as truth. This is a story of persistence, strength, love, friendships, and family.

“To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in His steps.” 1 Peter 2:21

Stitching and praying,

Vickie




13 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Well done on your book mark finish, Vickie! I bet she will love it.

Vicki said...

Very cute!

Stasi said...

Cute bookmark!

Mylene said...

That is a cute bookmark finish!

MartinaM said...

I love the Bookmark, it´s perfect.
Have a good week, Martina

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Bookmarks are always handy to have so I'm sure it will be well used.
This sounds like another good book recommendation Vickie.

Marilyn said...

Cute!
I'm sure she will enjoy it.
Marilyn

diamondc said...

Vickie: Your book mark is adorable, it so nice having family members who like to read we are big time readers.

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fabulous bookmark, perfect for a book lover!

Barb said...

I love the bookmark ! Thank you so much for another good book selection!

Manuela said...

A wonderful bookmark. A great gift for a booklover.
Have a nice weekend. Manuela

Carol said...

I'm sure Kristen will enjoy that pretty bookmark, Vickie! How nice that you two share a love of books. Funny, but I just put your latest recommendation on hold at the library :) Hope you enjoy your Memorial Day weekend ♥

Donna G. said...

Such a cute bookmark.