Calendar Poodle SAL

Monday, May 10, 2021

Mother's Heart In Hand ~ Love

 Hi friends! I tried so very hard to get this done on Mother's Day. I worked for hours on this yesterday, but only finished it first thing this morning. I made this as a gift to myself. 🥰

This is Mother's Heart In Hand ~ Love by David Schump. 💕The pattern is found in Punch Needle & Primitive Stitcher Magazine 2016 Summer Issue.

Yes, I only have three children. The k next to the j is for Kristen who married our Jacob this last October. 😊 I stitched this two over two on Warm Sienna Belfast linen hand dyed by Colour & Cotton with Ecru DMC and VMSS. The color scheme is half changed. There were no called for pinks. 😮 Shocking I know! I put those pinks right in there baby! 💗 And how do you like that antique variegated crocheted lace? I have been saving THAT for years❣️ The backing fabric is pink linen from my stash, as is the the pale pink ribbon trim to finish off the edges with. As always, I referred to Vonna Pfeiffer for the flatfold directions. I have been using her directions for over 10 years now.😁 I will forewarn you that if you do want to stitch this pattern, the alphabet is NOT included with the pattern in the magazine. I contacted the designer. He said he sent it to the magazine along with the pattern. He said he would look to see if he had it available in his Etsy shop. Never heard back. I guess not. So Madeleine helped me custom design letters, since I spent over an hour searching for very tall letters, especially the capital N that would fit.

I am now stitching under pressure once again. 😑 I hate that. I am stitching my Mom's feral cat Sweetie that she has "owned" for over 9 years. Sweetie is not doing well and her days look to be numbered. I have never stitched Sweetie, and thought I had better do it now for Mom's birthday this week. We are getting together outside this coming Sunday at Mom's.

“I praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are Your works; my soul knows it very well.” Psalm 139:14

Thank you for stopping by. I do hope you have a blessed week my friends! 

Stitching and praying,

Vickie





11 comments:

Stasi said...

What a sweet piece, Vickie....I know you will enjoy displaying it and thinking about your children.

Barb said...

What a lovely Mother's Day design! I hope you are able to finish the cat pattern for your Mom. I know how hard it is to stitch when there is a deadline!

Angela Tucker said...

I absolutely love this piece!! And how dare he not put in any pink? LOL Isn't it wonderful that every once in a while you get to use that tiny piece of lace or ribbon that you saved "just in case"? I save anything over two inches...just in case. LOL You are a power stitcher. You got this.

Manuela said...

Oh Vickie,
what a great finish. I love it very much.
Have a nice week. Manuela

butterfly said...

What a pretty pink stitch .
Have a lovely weekhugs.

Robin in Virginia said...

Love your stitch, Vickie! So darling and precious!

gracie said...

Just love your special Mother's day project. Well done. Hope your Mother's Day was lovely just as you are.

MartinaM said...

I love this finish, it's perfect. And how nice that you took Kristen's name with you.
All the best for you and your Mum,
Martina

Mary's Thread said...

This is a lovely stitch, very elegant! I think the letters you used are perfect. Good luck with Sweetie!

Annie said...

Beautiful stitching and beautiful finishing! I'm so sorry to hear about your mum's cat; it is sooo sad when we have to start thinking about saying goodbye...
I don't like stitching with a deadline either but sometimes we just want to make something special and heartfelt, don't we? <3 Have a lovely weekend!

Carol said...

This turned out so lovely, Vickie--I really do love that alphabet. I don't like stitching deadline things either--that is why I rarely join SALs... Hope you get it finished soon and can get back to relaxation stitching ♥