Calendar Poodle SAL

Monday, December 26, 2022

All Wrapped Up!

 Hi friends! I hope you all had a Blessed Christmas? My longtime followers will remember that Brian and I are Orthodox Christians and as such, we celebrate Christmas on January 7th. We do also celebrate on the 25th with the rest of our families though. Twice the worship of our Lord! We had a wonderful time with our families on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Very frigid temperatures here though. It is barely starting to warm up. We will take it!

I did get a chance to bake cookies and make treats in the last few weeks. I baked 'Grinch Cookies'. The recipe is from Katrina's Kitchen This is an old family, favorite that is delicious and cute and a simple recipe too!

I baked these while listening to Christmas music during the ❄️snowstorm. 🌟Wookie Cookies🌟
This is a family favorite. This year's wookies are not my best.😳The ones you see here are the "good looking guys"!! Some of the others are rather obese, or their "fur" did not bake in. Oh well. Never claimed to be a professional folks. I just make these with love for my menfolk mainly.🤎

I call these Bear Claws. 

I think you can see why. I saw them in a catalog many years ago for a lot of 💰and said forget that! I can make these myself for way less! A Nilla wafer cookie, a smooshed caramel, place the cashews, melt and drizzle the chocolate and let it harden! YUM! I had not made them for a few years, and my BIL asked me for them this year. 😊😉Yep! They make very nice gifts! I made them for all my guys.

🎁I received this lovely Christmas card from our friend Georgia💗Thank you so much my dear friend for this pretty pattern!

✨My Christmas Ornament for Father Rade based on "Faith" from Nikyscreations. ✨

 Niky's angel ornament can be found in JCS Christmas Ornament 2014 issue. When I came across it last year, it instantly reminded me of the icon on the ceiling of our cathedral, before the altar. So I used all my own colors in DMC, changed the angels a little bit and removed the heart and word faith and put Jesus in the center. I also added IC XC, which means Jesus Christ in Greek. Unfortunately the cloudy day here does not allow you to see the lovely marbling in the 32ct Silkweaver Belfast linen in French Vanilla Swirl.

I just finished the December monthly piece today. I did not get a picture of it yet though. I am going to work on a lingering sampler until the end of the year. What are you working on right now?

I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. John 10:14-15

Well that gets you caught up on what I am doing. I am so glad you stop by to find out what I am up to! Stitching pals are the best.

I hope you have a great finish to this year. Stay warm! Stay healthy!

Stitching and praying,

Vickie



9 comments:

Manuela said...

Hi Vickie,
your cookies looks very yummy.
Have a nice week. Manuela

Robin in Virginia said...

Your cookies look so good, Vickie. I might have to try those bear claws in 2023. How do you soften the caramel to smoosh it down? I started Bluebird Boarding House on Christmas Eve and will work on that until Thursday or Friday of this week. I have a small start planned for New Year's Eve day and night.

Carol said...

Two Christmases! That sounds like us this year, Vickie :) We had a little Christmas on the actual day with our middle son and his girlfriend and then will have another celebration on January 8th down in Maryland with our other sons and Mister B. Twice the fun!

Your cookies look so good. I really will try to make those bear claws with my grandson next year. I can't wait to bake with him.

Your ornament looks beautiful and I'm sure it will have very special meaning to Father Rade. Enjoy this last bit of 2022! ♥

Jackie's Stitches said...

Your cookies always make me smile! They look so delicious but they're also fun to look at. I need to make Grinch Cookies!!!

Cheryl said...

Hi, Vickie, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and trust the new year will bring you many blessings! Your cookies look so good!

butterfly said...

Yummy Yummy love the cookies .Happy Christmas and New Year hugs June.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Two Christmases does sound good! Something to brighten up the cold January days.
I love your cookies, especially the Wookie Cookies, very clever! Did you see the results of my Dessert Poll? Cookies came in 1st place.
The ornament is lovely and has a special meaning too.

diamondc said...

Merry Christmas Vickie: I love your Wookie cookies, they are adorable, the Grinch cookies look yummy with the little hearts, I like your rendition of the bear claws, I have seen the ads for this type of cookie they are expensive.
Beautiful ornament for Father Rade.
I am looking forward to seeing your next project.
Beautiful Scripture.

Catherine

Astrids dragon said...

What fun cookies, especially those Wookies!
That is a lovely pattern and your ornament is precious.
I'm glad you had a nice Christmas with your family, and an additional day to celebrate is certainly a bonus.