Calendar Poodle SAL

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Julie

 Hi friends! Well I will share how 2022 ended for me first. I finished ⛄December's Holly⛄ by Cottage Garden Samplings.

 I stitched this one over two on 40ct lambswool linen with DMC. I pinked it up! It was a blue house and a snowman with a blue hat and scarf. I now have a lovely pink house and a snowgirl. 😁 Can I just say, all that holly was NOT FUN to stitch? It went on and on. Ugh. Well, it is done now. Whew. And I am done! Yippee! ALL 12 MONTHS!

⛄💗⛄💗⛄💗⛄💗⛄💗⛄

💜✝️💜🙏🏻Our Dear Julie. Oh friends, our dear, sweet friend Julie has gone to be with the Lord. Her battle with uterine cancer is over.

Julie was a HUGE CHRISTIAN INFLUENCE on anyone and everyone she met in person or on the internet. Julie and I were friends for 10 years! We met through blogging. Our favorite color is pink and be both LOVE POODLES AND OWN THEM!

Please pray for Julie's two sons as they grieve the loss of their mother. Their father passed on only two years ago.

Julie was such an excellent example for us all of truly following the Lord and letting others know about Him.

I finally achieved my goal of reading 100 books in a year, and actually surpassed it by 2 books. 🎉

My main focus is going to be samplers this year. Very different for me, that is for sure!
I have three sampler blocks to go on AotH.
Our local cross stitch group, The Cross Stitcherhood, is doing a round robin with Our Lasting Friendship.😊 In January we need to stitch the outer and inner borders.
The Pink Sparrow Sampler. Um, PINK?💗 YES! My sweet friend Lisa gave me this pattern and I have it kitted up and ready to go!
Emma Fisher was a gift to me from my IG friend Anne. 💗
I have a wonderful start on her, but need to get back to her and get her finished this year. 

I will need lots of support from YOU this year dear friends! I am very much a smalls stitcher. I will still be stitching my Christmas ornament gifts sometime during the year still.

So that's the plan Stan!
❌✂️❌✂️❌✂️❌✂️❌✂️❌

Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. Colossians 3:2

I hope and pray we all have a Blessed New Year filled with good health.

Stitching and praying,

Vickie





14 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

So sorry to read of the loss of your dear friend Vickie. I'll say a prayer for her family.

You did a great job on your reading goal. I didn't set a goal but I read 84 books last year. Zero audio books but that is something I want to explore more I think.

I'm looking forward to seeing how 2023 goes as you shift your goals from smalls to samplers. I know you'll love it. I am a process stitcher so taking longer to finish something does not bother me. I'm sure you'll find a routine that works for you and keeps you motivated!

marly said...

So sorry your friend has passed Vickie. So much in common with you.

You have some wonderful (and big) samplers to work on. Pink Sparrow is gorgeous. Good luck!

gracie said...

My sweet friend, I am sorry for the loss of you friend.
Your stitching perfect as usual and we all look forward to your next project.

MartinaM said...

I really like your last picture from the series.
How bad it must be for the sons to lose their father and then their mother, I pray for them.
I hope you enjoy the samplers, you've done a great job there.
Happy New Year,
Martina

butterfly said...

So sorry Vickie for the loss of poor Julie .
She is at peace now .

Love the new stitch and the pink house looks great.
Have a fun week hugs June.

Marilyn said...

Those Cottage Gardens are so pretty on that finishing piece.
Congrats on finishing all 12!
So sorry to hear about your friend Julie.
You have some great projects picked out for the new year.
Marilyn

diamondc said...

Happy Blessed New Year Vickie: You have many beautiful Samplers to work on I am looking forward to seeing your progress.
Decembers Holly is a beautiful design, I like the color choices you have chosen.
I am so sorry about your friend but think her reward is Heaven.
That is a boat load of books.
Beautiful Scripture.

Catherine

Robin in Virginia said...

Awesome job with your reading goal, Vickie! Here is to many pages in 2023! Your December monthly finish is darling. I will be happy to cheer you on with your sampler stitching this year. I am sorry to hear of Julie's passing and will pray for her sons and those who loved her.

Carol said...

You were a dear friend to Julie, Vickie--I know you will miss her greatly. It seems that more and more of our blogging friends are getting serious illnesses, doesn't it? I guess we are all just getting older.

Your sampler choices are wonderful and even though I'm not much of a sampler stitcher, I'll enjoy watching your progress on them. I do love the December finish and the way you made it your own. That is wonderful that you finished all 12 in 2022!

Take care now--hope you continue your amazing reading streak! I read only 58 which was actually a new record for me :)

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

I am so sorry that your dear friend has passed away, Vickie. You and her family will be in my prayers. The year of samplers sounds like a fabulous plan. I hope these will give you comfort as well. Looking forward to seeing your progress. Happy stitching.

Manuela said...

Hello Vickie,
your last finish of this series is beautiful.
I like Sampler very much.I'm looking forward to your Sampler stitching in this year.
Sorry to hear, that you loss a good friend.
Hugs, Manuela

Vicki said...

My deepest sympathy for the loss of your friend.
I just discovered the Maisie Dobbs series this year. I am not a mystery fan usually, but I'm reading this series in order and enjoy it immensely!
You have an ambitious year planned, friend!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

So sorry to hear about your friend, such a sad loss.

The December piece is lovely, so very Vickie in those colours!

Good luck with your Sampler Year, you have chosen some beautiful designs. Looking forward to seeing those grow this year.

Astrids dragon said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your dear friend, Julie. Prayers for her sons, how awful for them to lose both of their parents so close to each other.
The added pink for December is perfect for you! It looks lovely. Congrats on all twelve months, I STILL haven't fully finished mine.
I'm not much for samplers, but you've chosen some nice ones.
Will you be reading another 100+ books for this year?