Calendar Poodle SAL

Sunday, December 11, 2022

💗✨Pink Winter Wonderland✨💗

 Hi friends! Well goodness, I have gotten behind on this here blog. Let me get you caught up first with my corner shelf for December.❄️🦌

🎅Merry Christmas Freebie by Teresa Kogut ⭐
This did not turn out exactly how I envisioned it.🥴 Brian bought me a cute, little pink poinsettia last year, which was in this adorable snowman planter. Well the poinsettia is no longer with us, but I saved the snowman. I thought I could stitch something for the top. 
I decided on Teresa's free Christmas pattern. I did not stitch the entire thing. I picked and chose what I wanted and in order to make it fit in this little space I had to stitch it over one on this 36ct white/natural Edinburgh linen. 
It is actually a little pillow filled with sawdust. I tried filling it with fiberfill first and using thread in a wide circle to kind of drawstring it in. It did not look good at all. I took that apart and sewed this up. It is balancing on top. No one, including Cally, touches my stitching, so it will be fine.
⛄🦌⛄🦌⛄🦌⛄🦌⛄🦌⛄
⭐Peace on Earth by Pine Mountain Designs👶🏽 
This is from my dear friend Maggee. I love it and needed it for the cubby shelf. I was gifted it done in the pillow form, from the kit, all done up by dear  Shirlee years ago. That one is on my corner shelf. It is so good, I needed two of this❣️
I stitched this two over one on 25ct mystery linen with most of the called for DMC.
⭐💖⭐💖⭐💖⭐💖⭐💖⭐

And here is my💗✨Pink Winter Wonderland✨💗

Madeleine and I painted the bottle brush trees pink last year. On the left is the smaller of the two denim trees I made earlier this year from Emerson's worn out wrangler jeans.

🎄🦌🎄🦌🎄🦌🎄🦌🎄🦌🎄

I just finished stitching an ornament for our parish priest. I am not doing a second one for Father Seraphim who is also a monk. He has stated a few times in our Bible study, when the topic somehow comes up, that monks have renounced personal property in their vows. He has probably mentioned it to help people and himself! with having to deal with gifts from parishioners. He knows they mean well, but..... So we are going to give him yummy treats to eat for a gift instead! 😁

I am now working on the December monthly piece. 

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”  John 13:34-35

The Christmas tree is up and decorated. Maybe I will actually get a picture!

I hope and pray you are healthy my friends. I thank you for stopping by. Thank you for leaving me a comment. I do so enjoy reading them. 

Stitching and praying,

Vickie





11 comments:

butterfly said...

Wonderful Christmas stitching and displays .
Love the pink Christmas scene.
Enjoy your week ,hugs June.

Manuela said...

Beautiful your pink Christmas decoration.
Have a nice week, Manuela

Marilyn said...

Love all of your Christmas displays!
Marilyn

Stasi said...

Those denim trees are really cool!!!

Robin in Virginia said...

Your corner shelf looks beautiful, Vickie! I love that Pine Mountain stitch, Peace on Earth. I stitched it years ago as a gift. I wonder what happened to it. Darling denim trees!

diamondc said...

Hi Vickie: You have a gift for decorating, I love the bottle brush trees and painting them pink is a wonderful idea.
Peach On Earth is such a sweet design.
I think the Snowman planter with the Teresa Kogut design is perfect, it is so sweet, I like this finish.

Catherine

Astrids dragon said...

Such a lovely December corner. I think your snowman top turned out just fine, very cute!
Pretty in pink, a super sweet display.
You can't go wrong with yummy treats, I'm sure they'll be appreciated.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your displays always look lovely! Especially with all the Vickie Pink touches.
The Peace on Earth looks so different in the tiny format, it’s nice to get a different look from the same design.
My parents would agree with your monk priest, nothing that takes up space in the house! So lots of delicious treats to eat and lovely toiletries too.

gracie said...

Always a pleasure to stop by and visit with you. Lovely pictures. Merry Christmas my dear friend.

Carol said...

I enjoyed seeing all of your Christmas decorations, Vickie! The corner shelf is filled with so many sweet pieces. I've always meant to stitch the Plum Street Samplings nativity, just never got around to it. I love the fact that you painted the bottle brush trees pink! I never would have thought of that :)

MartinaM said...

your corner shelf is beautifully decorated. And your snowman looks perfect, you are so creative. It was worth it. It's perfect and you have a special decoration.
a nice idea with the Pink Wonderland. It suits you.
Enjoy the Advent weekend,
hugs,
Martina