Calendar Poodle SAL

Sunday, November 20, 2022

Stitchy Wonderfulness

 Hi friends!  It has turned bitterly cold here. We have light flurries of snow often also.

One of my dear, sweet friends in my stitch group, RoseAnn gifted me a super surprise box full of stitchy goodness this last week. Take a look!

I finished stitching a piece for Thanksgiving. And now am working on my November monthly piece.


📚Friends! This is my favorite book of the year❣️ Elizabeth, Joyce, Ron and Ibrahim make up the Thursday Murder Club. What a bunch of characters they are!😂 They are senior citizens who live in a posh retirement village and enjoy figuring out real-life murder cases. These are characters you grow to love. Start with the first book in the series. There are three books now. I got the first book for my Auntie Kathy (remember her?🥰) and she is reading it now. She said at first that she really did not like it. She told me murder mysteries are not her thing. Then she said she got to page 27?, and she said she is enjoying it now. 😊😉I asked her if she likes the characters? She said, Yes! Very much. So friends, go get these books if you want a mystery that is also fun!
P.S. He is a British author. Interesting fact for my British friends.
I am feeling some improvement with my breathing my friends. I am using my increased dose of the Q-var inhaler twice daily and the levalbuterol before I shower in the morning, otherwise my breathing is bad. I also use that before I get on the treadmill. Yes! I have braved it, and gotten back to using the treadmill at a slow speed and for only 15 minutes at a time. I cannot do three times a day like I used to. 😔 I do once a day, and on "good" days I can do twice a day. I hope and pray I am going to get better and better. I want to! I want to breathe well again!

Friends, I have a prayer request. Do you remember our friend Julie? Well now that she has given the okay to share with everyone, I want to share part of her email she sent out to friends. What an example Julie is for all of us!

I saw my oncologist today to get the results of my latest scan. The news is not good. The cancer is growing and I have several large size tumors in my right lung. One of which is blocking off an airway. This makes sense as I’ve been struggling to breathe for awhile now. The cancer has also spread to my liver, kidney and lymph nodes. There is no more available treatment that would not make a difference so that’s not an option anyway. I didn’t like how the treatments were making me feel even sicker so wouldn’t have chosen that road anyway. 

From here, I will be in palliative care and then hospice. I’m not ready for hospice right now as I am still able to do things for myself. I’ll know when I am ready. 

I pray that my remaining days will always, always point to the Lord and that I would be a light for Him. “For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain”. Philippians 1:21. That is my truth. Jesus is everything to me here on earth but I know I am going to gain so much when I pass from this earth and am welcomed into the loving arms of Jesus. 


“Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.”  Galatians 6:2

Thank you for stopping by today friends. I am very glad you did. Your comments brighten my day. The stitching community is like no other, wouldn't you say?🥰 Have a wonderful week!

Stitching and praying,
Vickie







10 comments:

MartinaM said...

It's not that cold here yet, but cloudy, wet and foggy. Not nice. But that's how it is in November.
Beautiful gifts.
Oh the book sounds interesting, I like crime novels and when they have characters like that, especially. I'll see if Audibel has something like this as an audio book.
I am praying for you and it is important that you keep your head up. I like the treadmill thing, but take it slow.
I am praying for Julie too, such news is devastating.
Enjoy your weekend
Martina

butterfly said...

We had the first frost yesterday.
Milder today thank goodness.
Lovely gifts from your friend.
Hope you feel better soon, and my prayers I will send to Julie.
Just too many friends are unwell, let's hope a cure comes soon.

Marilyn said...

What great goodies you received!
I DO hope your breathing continues to improve, prayers.
Prayers also for your friend Julie.
Marilyn

diamondc said...

Hi Vickie: I am looking forward to seeing your new November stitch.
Nice gifts, it's so much fun and a Blessing to have such sweet friends.
I am so sorry for your friend Julie; she sounds like a very brave Lady.
I like murder stories, there is just something about them, I am reading a Lee Child book, very exciting.
Stay warm

Hugs
Catherine

Carol said...

You received such lovely gifts, Vickie--the project bag is especially wonderful! I have to say that I read the first book in the Richard Osman series and it just didn't grab my attention. I finished it, but... Maybe I should give the second book a try.

Good to hear you are breathing a bit easier and getting back on the treadmill again.

Julie's update is just so very sad... Her faith is inspiring as she faces this next chapter in her life. I will keep both of you in my prayers for sure ♥

Georgia said...

Hi Vickie, November has been a very busy month for me, computer and stitching time has been hit miss. Your box of gifts, really made me smile, what a speciall friend indeed. And, I am glad you are feeling better. Thank you for posting the email from Julie, my heart is breaking. She, and you are on my heart and in my prayers. May God Bless You and Yours on this very special Thanksgiving.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a fabulous gift box, so many thoughtful things.
I’m so glad you’re enjoying the Thursday Murder Club books, he is currently working on the fourth. Richard Osman is very well known in the UK for being on various quiz shows, he’s a very intelligent man. A little like Stephen Fry in some ways. And a little like my friend’s partner who runs a bookshop!

Robin in Virginia said...

What a wonderful package of goodies you received from your stitching friend! I am glad to hear your breathing is a bit better and you are able to treadmill walk. 15 minutes is better than no minutes and I hope it helps strengthen your lungs. Praying for your friend, Julie.

marly said...

Upsetting to read about Julie, terribly sad. Glad to hear you are slowly improving, please be careful. This flu season is wicked.

What a lovely and generous gift from your friend.

Astrids dragon said...

Raining here on and off today, I'd rather see snow!
What fun goodies, what a lovely treat.
I'm glad you're able to get back on the treadmill, one step at a time!
Prayers for your friend, Julie.