Calendar Poodle SAL

Monday, November 14, 2022

Christmas Star

 Hi friends! Here is my latest finish. ⚝"Christmas Star" by Lacomtesse Point De Croix ⚝

 This is an older freebie that I knew would be perfect for my reindeer tealights! I stitched this one over one on 28ct R&R 18th Century Red linen, a gift from my friend Kathy. 🥰 I used DMC. I mounted this on a milk cap, as I did with my other tea light finishes. Works like a charm. 😉

🦌💖🦌💖🦌💖🦌💖🦌💖🦌

The winner of this chart:

Is our friend Vicki/Stichy McFloss! Vicki I will get this out in the mail to you! 💕💕💕

I am now stitching another tiny Christmas piece for myself. One over one on 36ct!

Mom is doing great on her new knee. We visited with her after church yesterday. She gets all around the house without her walker! Not sure she is supposed to do that??

I am not feeling much improvement with my breathing. We have gotten an air purifier. Madeleine has bathed Cally. She also is brushing her daily in her room, away from me totally. Cally really never comes into our bedroom at least. We are taking the "Let's try to be clean freaks" approach now. Anything and everything to help me out here.

Rejoice always,  pray without ceasing,  in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.  1 Thesalonians 5:16-18

Thank you for stopping by today! I appreciate your friendship. Truly. I hope you have a nice week. It is very cold here now. Take care.

Stitching and praying,
Vickie





11 comments:

MartinaM said...

Your Christmas Star turned out great and fits perfectly into the Finsih.
I'm glad you're feeling better, maybe you had an allergic reaction to Cally, you can have it tested.
I keep praying for you
Enjoy your week
Martina

Stasi said...

Glad to hear your Mom is doing well....hope you can figure out what helps you..sometimes just trial and error! Can be frustrating!

Robin in Virginia said...

Vickie, I am glad your Mom is doing well with her knee recovery. I am continuing to pray for your breathing issue. Your reindeer is a cutie!

diamondc said...

Hi Vickie: The deer is perfect for the star design; I cannot believe the deer is a tea lite holder such a wonderful idea.
I hope you are feeling better soon, I cannot imagine what it would be like to have this health, we will continue to Pray for healing for you.

Catherine

Catherine

Maggie said...

That is such a cute finish Vickie :-)

butterfly said...

What a sweet idea and finish, love it.

Manuela said...

Hello Vickie,
a very cute little finish.
Hope you will better very soon.
Hugs, Manuela

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That cute design looks fabulous in the reindeer!

Patty McDonald in Southern California said...

The Christmas star is gorgeous in the tea light holder. Such a clever idea.
I've had trouble with allergies for a few years. None of the over the counter meds have worked except for Zyrtec. We replaced our carpeting with Pergo wood flooring. It has helped. I bathe our dogs every other week. (We're on acreage and they run in dirt and weeds). All this has helped me. We are having Santana winds now so I'm not going outside. The winds stir up all the pollen and dust. Allergies can be miserable but the Zyrtec and extra cleaning has helped.

Astrids dragon said...

Ooh, I love your star for your reindeer, it looks great! I bought some of those deer last year (and turkeys) but have yet to stitch anything for them.
I'm glad to hear that your Mom is doing well, but sorry that you're still having trouble with your breathing. I wish I had some other ideas for you, but I'll keep praying!

Carol said...

So good to hear that your mom is improving, Vickie! I wish her the best of luck with her healing. I know she will be glad she had it done. Your reindeer finish is adorable--I think I have one of those reindeer in my stash and will have to keep that in mind. Enjoy your day--and Happy Thanksgiving! ♥