Calendar Poodle SAL

Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Give Thanks!

 Hi friends! This is the latest little finish I have. 

🦃Holiday Hoopla-Thanksgiving by Brenda Gervais 🦃 I stitched this on mystery 35ct linen and used DMC, VMSS and CC. I added a HUGE orange bow (the ribbon was in my stash). I have most of the Holiday Hoopla patterns, and I enjoy displaying them the same way, hanging from the lovely 154 year old glass door knobs in our apartment.

Would you like to stitch this next? I would be happy to give this pattern to a friend who truly wants to stitch it. All you have to do is be a sidebar follower of this blog here and leave a comment on this post stating that you would like this Holiday Hoopla pattern. I will ship this pattern out to anyone of my friends in the United States this time. And I will draw a name on Monday, November 14th. That is a short amount of time, but I want to get this to you before Thanksgiving. It IS a quick stitch.
🧡🤎🧡🤎🧡🤎🧡🤎🧡🤎🧡

I am now creating Christmas gifts for my dear friends. 🥰

 “Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all.”  Psalm 34:19

If you recall, I had COVID at the beginning of July. My breathing never truly returned to normal for me. I went to see a pulmonologist and have been on an inhaler daily since. Well last week the pulmonologist had me do a methacholine challenge test. He wanted to know if I had asthma or not. It is a lung function test to evaluate how "reactive" or "responsive" your lungs are. Well let's just say mine are VERY RESPONSIVE! I had a SEVERE ASTHMA ATTACK. I had to be given a bronchodilator and could not finish the test. I thought I was going to black out. The woman performing the test said she never saw such a response. My pulmonologist says I am allergic to methacholine. The trouble is that now my lungs are very, very irritated and damaged. I was in the Emergency Room twice over the weekend. The doctors assure me my oxygen is 100%, and my lungs sound clear so my lungs must not be damaged long term. I hope and pray this is so. (And yes, we did x-rays and all sorts of test too.) He has increased my inhaler to a stronger dose now. He says it is going to take time for me to heal. Will you pray with me please? I would truly, truly appreciate this very, very much my friends.💕💕💕 I just cannot tell you how very, very difficult this last week has been. I have been literally panting open mouthed to breath and talk and eat. I know one thing. I cannot get COVID or any virus again. I must wear my mask and be careful. It is SO SCARY WHEN YOU CANNOT, AND I MEAN CANNOT GET AIR IN YOUR LUNGS. THE FEELING OF SUFFOCATION IS NOT A GOOD ONE MY FRIENDS. 

Stitching and praying,

Vickie





15 comments:

Stasi said...

Sounds scary Vickie! Hope the inhalers work...keep fighting!
The Thanksgiving piece is cute!

marly said...

It is terrifying to feel unable to take breaths. Did they put you on steroids to calm your lung inflammation? Your saturation at 100% is excellent but contradicts how you feel. So sorry, seems one thing after another!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I have had asthma for 20 years or so. It is very scary to feel like there is not enough oxygen in the air. Learning your triggers and how to manage your exposure helps. Understanding your condition and the things that you can do to control what you can helps. I love the pumpkin turkey and would love to stitch it. My phone won't let me use my email address, it insists on Google. Very annoying.at least you told us the designer. Thanks for that.

MartinaM said...

Your Thanksgiving motif is beautiful, and a great finish.
Oh my, Vickie, I'm praying for you and I hope your lungs are on a good recovery. That doesn't sound good at all and I can't even imagine what you went through. Very scary.
Take good care of yourself and take everything slowly.
big hugs
Martina

Marilyn said...

Very cure Turkey!
I'm sorry that happened to you.
I do hope the inhalers work.
Prayers.
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Your Thanksgiving piece is adorable, Vickie. I am sorry that you had a reaction along with the irritated lungs. You are in my prayers for your lungs/breathing to heal. Thinking of you.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Oh sending extra prayers your way sweet friend. I am so sorry you are having to go through this. Your turkey guy is so sweet. I'd love to stitch it. Hope you get to feeling better very soon dear friend. ((hugs))

butterfly said...

I Hope you feel better soon Vickie.
I still have long term problems having Covid in 2019 before the injections.
And sometimes can't breathe to well. But try a few moments to breathe deeply
each day, also have brain fog some days, just had my 5th injection.
Love your sweet new stitch .

Manuela said...

The little turkey finish is very cute.
Oh Vickie, I hope you feel better soon and I hope that the inhalers work good for you.
Have a nice weekend my friend. Manuela

diamondc said...

Hi Vickie: I am so sad to hear about this illness, I hope you heal quickly and are back to normal, thankfully you have an inhaler, some insurance companies do not want to pay for inhalers, my Mother had that happen to her, she had to get the State involved, it's a shame.
Love your Turkey design and the finish is perfect.

Happy Blessed Thanksgiving
Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The turkey with the pumpkin butt is so cute!!
Sorry to hear about your experience at the hospital, I have mild asthma but have had attacks where I am gasping for breath. It’s very scary. I do hope you heal well. I’ve just had my fourth COVID booster and my winter flu jab too.

Donna G. said...

So sorry to hear about your breathing problems. Scary indeed. Will keep you in my prayers, dear friend.
Love the Turkey Hoopla!
Happy Thanksgiving.

Carol said...

Oh, that sounds very scary, Vickie... I really can't imagine having such a horrid asthma attack. I had a mild one once and that was enough for me. Will definitely keep you in my prayers and hope the stronger dosage helps.

Your finish is darling with that giant bow. This is one of the Holiday Hooplas that I don't own, so I'll throw my name into the hat :) Thanks for the chance and take care now ♥

Jackie's Stitches said...

Oh Vickie! That sounds so terribly scary! I hope you heal quickly and well.

Astrids dragon said...

What an adorable stitch and finish, I love the addition of the big orange bow!
I am so sorry to hear about your asthma attack and the effects of the methacholine. I can't even imagine how scary that must have been for you and continues to be. Of course I'll keep you in my prayers, sending hugs your way too!