Calendar Poodle SAL

Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Retreat Day


 Hi friends! Well tomorrow is our local stitch group, The Cross Stitcherhood's first ever retreat! 😁 The twelve of us are all getting together at a local library for over eleven hours. Well, not everyone can be there the entire time. You can come and go as you are able. It will be such fun. I designed a pattern just for us for that day!  I thought I would share it with you here, as I am going to reveal it to my eleven friends tomorrow morning, and I am fairly certain not one of them looks at this blog. So, here it is.

Now I must tell you, the center portion was NOT designed by me. If you would like to stitch that part you can find it right HERE on Instagram. I must give credit to Evdokia Nikolaeva on Instagram. She gave that free pattern away on Instagram and I knew it was perfect to use with the parts I created to make one pattern for our Retreat Day, so we could all "sign" our names on our very own samplers. 😊 I can't want to surprise my eleven friends with this on the 24th!

Now, it is NOT finished! That is on purpose. And that is BECAUSE....... tomorrow we will all stitch our names around the open spaces. 😊 I thought that would be a fun idea. I told the girls to bring two of their favorite color flosses with them. I hope they think this is as neat as I do!

We are celebrating our friend Leanne on the 24th. She passed away two years ago from breast cancer. The 24th is her birthday. We are all starting a brand new project that day. If you also would like to start a new stitch that day, and happen to be on Instagram, just use the hashtag #leanneslegacy and join in!

Barb is baking a birthday cake. We are all bringing food. 

I am going to teach how to make strawberry pincushions. There are a few gals in our group who do not know how to make them.

He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.  1John 5:12

You will hear from me soon all about the fun we had. I am going to wear a mask there. I am still suffering with post COVID asthma. The last thing I want is COVID again with more damage to my lungs!

I hope you have a terrific day my friends! Thank you for stopping by.

Stitching and praying,

Vickie





10 comments:

Julie - More Of Him said...

I love your project you designed and I'm sure you're friends will, too! I think that's a great idea to have them sign it with thread. Such a keepsake!

Thanking of you and praying for you!

Blessings - Julie

butterfly said...

Wow have fun Vickie , I miss my old club .
But I still see my friends .
Lovely chart .
Hugs June.

Manuela said...

You have a fun idea. Can't wait to see more.
Have a nice time with your stitching friends.
Hugs, Manuela

Stasi said...

Your piece is darling; I'm sure the ladies will be tickled pink! Have a great time!

Robin in Virginia said...

What a beautiful piece you have created for your retreat tomorrow, Vickie! I look forward to hearing about it all when you post. Enjoy the gathering and fellowship of your group.

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Have all kinds of fun tomorrow and enjoy all your stitching friends. Love your design - great idea. big hugs

MartinaM said...

That's a nice pattern you've designed, I'm sure your embroidery group will love it.
I wish you a lot of fun in the group and take good care of yourself,
Enjoy your time
Martina

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's a lovely design to share with your friends. Nice idea to have everyone stitch their own name too.
I hope you are having a lovely day today, remembering your friend too.

marly said...

I'm just reading now so the retreat already happened. How nice that you have a group. Your design will be a special gift, very nice.

diamondc said...

Greetings Vickie: What a fun time you are going to have, that is a sweet new design, I am looking forward to seeing the retreat photos.
Have a wonderful time.
Beautiful Scripture.

Catherine