Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, August 12, 2022

Jonathan

 Hi friends! I took the advice I received from you all and I stitched up my retreat piece. I am not going to share that quite yet though. 😉 Today I am sharing the birthday gift I have made and framed for my brother Jonathan. 

Jon started a very large vegetable garden this summer, so I thought I would represent that. 😊 He is even wearing his signature overalls and his yellow garden crocs. I stitched this two over two with DMC and VMSS 1795 Tarnished Gold on 30 ct WDW Guacamole.
This is what the frame looked like before.
I found it at Hobby Lobby and paid $4 and change for it. Perfect!
I am now stitching the August monthly pattern.

Well friends I now have asthma. I had COVID last month and my breathing just was not getting better. I had tightness in my chest and shortness of breath after I used the treadmill. My doctor prescribe an albuterol inhaler to used before I used the treadmill. That helped, BUT I still had the tight chest  afterwards all day and into the night. I called my doctor and she prescribed Flovent. I tried that. Oh man! This made me SO dizzy and nauseous! For hours and hours. I am waiting for my insurance to approve another inhaler now. 













Her Mother’s Hope and Her Daughter’s Dream tell the story of four generations of women in one family who are all searching for their God-given place in the world. This historical Christian fiction spans decades and continents to explore not only the sacrifices mothers make for their daughters but also the very nature of unconditional love. Very well written books! Just loved them!

If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.  John 15:7

I am seeing a pain doctor today. I am still suffering pain in lower right back. I did try the physical therapist a few months ago. She gave me several exercises to strengthen my back, core and abdominals. I am supposed to get up every half hour from sitting. I do these things and I still have this horrid, seizing back cramp, nerve pain thing that happens every day and night in my lower right back. The only thing that takes it away is sleep. I wake up every morning and it is gone. Thanks be to God. I am hoping this new pain management doctor ( my previous one moved to the other side of the state) can help with a shot or a procedure of some type.

I hope you have a nice weekend my friends! Thanks for listening. 

Stitching and praying,
Vickie





12 comments:

MartinaM said...

Wow Vickie you have talent, the picture for Jonathan looks amazing, great how you did it all. That will make him very happy.
Oh dear, that's severe, asthma after Covid, who would have thought, I'll hug you and pray for you that your back pain will soon go away.
At the moment I really like listening to audio books and the two you presented, I'll have to see if I can find them, they sound exciting.
Enjoy your weekend, Martina

butterfly said...

What a great cross stitch of your brother Jonathan .
Yes you do have talent.
Hope you feel much better soon.

Manuela said...

Hello Vickie,
you are a good designer. Your cross stitch of your brother looks great.
I think he will love it.
Hope you are feeling better soon and the new doctor can help you.
Have a nice weekend, Manuela

Marilyn said...

Your Jonathan finish is too cute!
I do hope you get some relief for your Asthma & back pain.
Matilyn

Stasi said...

Your 'Jonathan' piece is precious; I'm sure he will love it!
Hope you fins some comfort soon!

Robin in Virginia said...

Vickie, I love the piece you stitched for your brother. So precious! Hope the pain doctor is able to do something for your lower back pain. I am praying also that the asthma isn't going to be a long-term side effect.

Vicki said...

Very cute pattern for your brother! Take care, friend. I hope the Dr. can give you some good advice/treatment for your pain.

marly said...

My sister's friend is getting the implant to manage pain in two weeks. It is for inoperable back issues from what I understand. If it works she will return for the permanent implant. I'm surprised they're doing it since she still bakes for weddings, does yard work, and volunteers at the hospital 3 days a week! No walker, no cane. I hope you find a solution. My cousin is still out of breath after almost a year post covid.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your design of your brother is fabulous! Especially the famous dungarees.
Sorry to hear about the latest health problems. I've had asthma since I was a child, it varies in severity every year from nothing at all to needing my inhaler for several weeks at a time. I have a Salamol CFC-free which contains Salbutamol Sulphate but I don't know if that would be strong enough for you. It brings me instant relief.

Carol said...

I'm sure Jon loved his special Vickie-designed cross stitch! It's perfect for him! I'm so sorry about the asthma, but I hope it can be controlled and eventually may fade away... Think positively! I also hope your pain doctor gave you some ideas to help, too! Take care now, Vickie ♥

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Hi Vickie, I thought this would be the easiest way to let you know I got your letter. It ended up in my neighbour's mail box and she just brought it over. Thanks again. big hugs Lynda Ruth


Julie - More Of Him said...

Your stitched piece for your brother is amazing! I just love it! You're so talented!

I'm so sorry you're having asthma now. Did they think perhaps a nebulizer would help you more? Maybe they have to go through the inhaler steps first. I hope you get one that helps without making you sicker!

Thank goodness you're getting into the pain doctor sooner than we thought! U pray that he will have a solution to help you. Being in pain all the time is not good.

Blessings - Julie