Calendar Poodle SAL

Thursday, May 5, 2022

Little Henry

 Hi friends! I took a short break from working on Mom's angel and created this! 

🤎💕3D Punch Needle Little Henry. I CANNOT STAND THE CUTENESS QUITE ACTUALLY. I have been wanting to create this for YEARS, I finally said this is the week! Would you believe this is a free coloring page I found on google images? Yep. It looks just like my little Henry. AAAHHH! I just finished punching this a few days ago, and waited until Henry was done at the groomer today to get final pictures. I showed Mary our groomer the punch needle. She was in love. She took pictures! 🥰 

I used the tutorial for how to make a stand alone from Doodle Dog Primitives for the finishing. I wish the back looked good. ☹️ I have a hard time attaching the wool at the curves. It looks messy there. Otherwise I would enter Henry in the State Fair! I am SO GLAD he is finally done. I LOVE him❣️

🐩💗🐩💗🐩💗🐩💗🐩💗🐩

Do any of you also punch needle? It is honestly very easy. My only complaint is that it flares up tendonitis in my wrist from the repetition when doing larger projects like this one. This took four days start to finish, including finishing, but I worked all day every day on it.

I am now back to stitching Mom's angel.

Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.  Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.  Matthew 5:11-12

Thank you very much for stopping by. I am so glad you did! I hope you have a great weekend! It is very nice weather here this weekend.

To all of the moms celebrating Mother's Day this Sunday, God bless you and I wish you a wonderful Mother's Day.

Stitching and praying, 

Vickie





8 comments:

butterfly said...

Oh Vickie so sweet love him .
You do have some talent .
Have a fun weekend hugs June.

Manuela said...

So cute the little punch needle poodle.
Wonderful photos from your poodle Henry.
Have a nice Mother day.
Hugs, Manuela

Robin in Virginia said...

Your punch needle Henry is precious, Vickie. I have not tried punch needle; for some reason, it isn't something that has screamed at me. Wishing you a wonderful Mother's Day weekend, my friend!

Carol said...

It's just darling, Vickie! I actually bought everything to try punchneedle a few years ago, but haven't given it a try. I learn so much better when shown something in person and I need someone like you nearby to show me--ha ha! Have a wonderful Mother's Day ♥

MartinaM said...

Your little Henry looks so cute. No, I don't punch needle, but I see it often, with others.
I wish you a nice weekend, Martina

Mary's Thread said...

Isn't that just the cutest! It does look JUST like Henry! Amazing! I have tried punch needle but I didn't love the process. I still have a couple kits. Maybe I should try it again. Have a great weekend Vickie!

Mary said...

Oh my goodness!!! YOur punch looks just like Henry, how absolutely adorable! Happy Mother's Day!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That is adorable and exactly like Henry!
I had never even heard of punch-needle until it became popular again, about three years ago? It seems like a very American craft, in the homespun lifestyle genre?