Calendar Poodle SAL

Sunday, May 29, 2022

May's Lily of the Valley

 Hi friends! How are you? I hope you are getting nice weather? We finally are.

I did finish stitching my gift piece for my priest. I am lazy and have not finally finished it off yet! I do not feel pressure to do so. The plans have changed a bit now. The priest who is assigned to come to us, is still at the same parish for now. His paperwork has not come through yet. He is from Serbia. He does not speak English very well at all either, Father shared with us. And the congregation the priest is in has quite a few immigrants, so they really are very comfortable with him. Our Bishop is looking to see if there may possibly be another priest to come to us. Father Serafim cannot stay long term. He has just been elected a Bishop!

Let me share the piece I have fully finished with you. 🐌May's Lily of the Valley🐌by Cottage Garden Samplings. 

I stitched this one over two on 40ct lambswool linen with DMC, VMSS and WDW. Because I changed it up a bit. 😉 I am making flat finishes out of all twelve months and mounting them with a magnet to this finishing piece I got from Hobby Lobby.

💚🤍💚🤍💚🤍💚🤍💚🤍💚

I stitched a little Lizzie Kate piece for a friend for her birthday, which I cannot show. It is in the mail. I will show it once she receives it.🥰

I am now stitching another birthday gift which I cannot show. What are you up to?


📚🎧Well friends I have a different series for you! This series was recommended to me over half a year ago to me by my friend Lisa and I took my good, old time getting around to the first book! This is quite different from other books I read. The setting is in Botswana, and the main character is Mma Precious Ramotswe. She is a self assured, modern woman full of love for her country who also happens to be Botswana’s premier lady detective. I am enjoying this series. These books are charming and clean. They are interesting and I enjoy learning about this culture. I am already on book number six. If you like detective stories and would like to learn about Africa as well, this is for you!

Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men.  If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.  Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord.  Therefore


“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;

If he is thirsty, give him a drink;

For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.”


 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:17-21

Thank you for stopping by today my friends! I hope and pray you have a blessed new week.

Stitching and praying,

Vickie






9 comments:

Stasi said...

I will have to look in to that book series...thanks!

Robin in Virginia said...

The Lilies of the Valley piece is lovely, Vickie. Well done on getting it finished! Have a blessed Sunday!

Carol said...

I do love this one, Vickie! Lily of the Valley always remind me of my mom as they flower in May and I used to decorate her birthday cakes with the tiny flowers each year :) I just finished my very first Maisie Dobbs book--thank you so much for recommending it. I truly enjoyed it and just downloaded the second one to read before bedtime. Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend ♥

butterfly said...

Love lilies of the Valley stitch looks beautiful , enjoy your day.

MartinaM said...

The May motif looks pretty, the lilies of the valley are really blooming.
I work on different projects, sometimes big, sometimes small, just as I feel like it.
enjoy your week, Martina

Manuela said...

So beautiful your May finish.
I love the Lily of the Valley.
Have a nice new week. Manuela

Barb said...

Such a pretty design! My step-mom used to love reading that series. I will have to try it!

Georgia said...

Hi Vickie, the Cottage Garden Samplings are so pretty and your May flowers are adorable. I want to thank you for the book recommendation. I am reading the first one in the series (thanks to you). And it is so different. I like the fact that it is a good clean read too. Thank you so much for recommending it. I will be praying for a new priest for your parish. Change is always hard. Many blessings to you my friend, have a great week:)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely work on finishing the May Lily of the Valley piece.
I had to smile at the clean book, we had a lovely customer who like historical romance novels but nothing smutty, a little hand-holding was fine. No violence either which included duels! So I had to read the synopsis of every book we recommended to make sure it fit the criteria.