Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, April 15, 2022

Peter Rabbit

 Hi friends! The grass is finally green here and the Spring bulbs are shooting up! 😁

🐇Lapin de Pâques free chart from https://pentydeval.blogspot.com 🐇 I am calling him Peter Rabbit. He was shown stitched all monochrome. I decided to stitch his bandana red, and the eggs pastel colors and the flowers red and yellow. I think the overall look is really cute.

I used WDW Palomino for the rest. I stitched this two over two on 32ct Marbled Bunny 🐰. That two tone twine trim is from my stash. I hand sewed it on.🥴I think that turned out pretty good. The backing fabric is from my stash too.

💗❤️💛💚💙💜

🌸🐰April Corner Shelf🐰🌸 I had to wait for the sun to show you my corner shelf, because I could not get good pictures. More bunnies added since last year, and I made a fun button carrot too.


🐇🥕🐇🥕🐇🥕🐇🥕🐇🥕🐇


📚Well I cannot recommend Rhys Bowen books to you all enough! This would be the first book she has co-written with her daughter Clare Broyles I have read every Molly Murphy Mystery book. I highly recommend them. This one revolves around a murder on Ellis Island and the main suspect is the spitting image of Molly! If you are new to this series, I suggest you start at the beginning.

It has been TWO YEARS since our local stitch group has met in person! Last night we finally did in our local library. Oh this did my soul good. We never even met Linda ( the short one on the left 😉) in person. Well Barb had. Linda made these beautiful thread catcher/needlebooks for each of us. And these gorgeous strawberries too.

For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

I am going to begin my monthly stitching now. I do not want to get behind. After that I have to create an angel for my Mom for her birthday. What are you stitching right now?

I hope you have a Blessed Easter my friends. We will be celebrating Easter with our children and in-laws at my in-laws this Sunday. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Have a great day! 

Stitching and praying,
Vickie





17 comments:

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

I adore you sweet Peter Rabbit and all your Easter stitching. Your shelf is super cute. What a blessing to get to be with your fellow stitchers. It's always os much fun to be with friends, and met new friends and get to stitch. Oh that was so nice of Linda to make your all such a gift. Stitchers are truly the best! Wishing you a lovely Good Friday and a Happy Easter as well. Blessings to you always sweet friend. :)

diamondc said...

Vickie: He is positively adorable, your color choices are perfect, I like your rendition of colors so much.
I like the shelfs they are beautiful, you have so many sweet and adorable designs you have done.
I would have never thought of a button carrot, very creative.
Have a wonderful Easter.
How wonderful to have met with your stitch buddies, I bet you cannot wait for the next get-together.

Catherine

Sandra said...

Thank you for the link to the freebies, I really like Campagne too. How lovely to finally meet up with fellow stitchers, it's been a long time coming. Enjoy your Easter weekend.

butterfly said...

Lovely Easter stitching and display .
Have a Happy Easter .

Marilyn said...

All of your Easter is so pretty.
Love that button carrot!
Glad you could finally get out for stitchy fun.
We are celebrating Easter today at my nephew's house.
Have a wonderful Easter!
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Glad you were finally able to meet in person with your stitch group, Vickie! And yes, it is good for one's soul to gather with like-minded people. Your bunny stitch is adorable. And I always enjoy seeing your monthly version of the corner shelf. Wishing you a blessed Easter weekend.

cécilelabrodeuse said...

coucou VICKY 6 J4ADORE CE LApin - je l'ai mais en une seule couleur - le vôtre est adorable - j'aime beaucoup vos lapins bibelots - et aussi HENRY votre caniche - j'ai perdu le mien il y a deux ans et c'est encore douloureux. bon we de Pâques

Jackie's Stitches said...

Just love Peter and you Easter stitching and decor!

I know being able to meet in person with your stitching friends just warmed your heart!

Manuela said...

Hello Vickie,
Peter the bunny is very cute. I love him.
Your Corner shelf looks great.
Happy Easter to you and your family.
Hugs, Manuela

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's a very masterful bunny! I love the little touches of colour you added.
How lovely to be able to meet up in person again too. Nice of the new lady to bring little gifts for you all.
The corner display looks great and I love your button carrot, so clever.

MartinaM said...

Your Peter Rabbit is in a hurry, I hope he got to you in time for Easter. And very nicely decorated, your April corner shelf.
Happy Easter, Martina

Carol said...

Your bunny is so cute, Vickie, and I love how you colored in certain portions--very effective. Lovely corner shelves (I certainly know what you mean about the lack of sunshine this month--ugh! We are due for some snow today :(

How wonderful to see all of your stitching group in person again after all this time. Linda was so generous to make each of you those pretty gifts.

Hope you have a good, sunny, warmer week ahead ♥

Mary said...

Your bunny adaptation is just wonderful!! I love the colored eggs and great finishing. Your corners shelf is a joy to visit!! It must have been so nice to meet in person, the camera club I belong to is finally meeting in person next month, I don't care for zoom meetings at all.
I love the Molly Murphy series!!! I will have to pick up this latest book, thanks for sharing.

Barb said...

It looks like you ladies had a good time. I love the way your shelf looks. That 3 dimensional rabbit is wonderful. I started the series with book 1. So far I am enjoying it very much.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

The colour is your Peter Rabbit stitch is ideal. Love your April corner shelf.

Astrids dragon said...

I love your colour additions to Peter Rabbit, it really adds to it. A very sweet finish too!
Spring has definitely sprung on your corner shelf, it looks lovely.
Yay for getting together again with your stitching group, that always makes for a wonderful time together.

Mary's Thread said...

Happy Easter as we are still in the season! Your April shelf was darling with all the bunnies! Peter Rabbit is so dapper and charming!