Calendar Poodle SAL

Thursday, April 21, 2022

Spring String

 Hi friends! It is warming up here. Warm. Cool. Warm. Cool. It is going to be 82 on Saturday!! Now flowers will be blooming all over!

🐰Spring String by Lizzie Kate💐 

I stitched this way back in 2015! 🙄 It has been sitting with the finishing fabrics and the foam cubes the entire time! I forced myself to do it this year. Hats off to Vonna! 👒 I stitched this two over two with most of the original DMC on Belfast Baby Lotion 32ct linen. Tricia, do you remember you gifted me this pattern way back then? 

This WAS my least perfect finish of my five cube finishes I have done.  After I fed the family dinner, I decided I could not live with the finish. I took the cube finish apart and cut and ironed the outer finishing fabric. I re-ironed it and refinished it and am much happier with it. 😁 See me smiling. I was distracted the first time. I do not like imperfection.

I do not know if you can notice a tighter finish, but I sure can!

🪁☘️🪁☘️🪁☘️🪁☘️🪁☘️🪁

 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.  And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”  John 11:25-26

Being Orthodox, this is our Holy Week. I may very well not be back until after Pascha/Easter. I wish all of  my Orthodox friends a Blessed Pascha.

Thank you for stopping by my friends. If you would, could you pray for me? My back is in a very bad way. The herniated discs and the nerves are causing me bad pain. I cannot get in to see the pain doctor for a consultation until October. 🥺 Because of that, I asked my doctor if I could go to the physical therapist again. Leigh. The same lady I have seen many times over the years for my back, my hip,  and my neck. She sent a referral yesterday and I hope to hear from them today and get appointments set up ASAP.

Have a great day my friends! YOU are a blessing in my life. Take care now. 💕

Stitching and praying,

Vickie





16 comments:

Georgia said...

Ahhh, my sweet friend, I love your cube, that is one I haven't tried yet. As for your back...you know I understand and please know you are on my heart and in my prayers. Happy Easter to you and yours and many blessings too:)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Once you pointed it out, I could see the top one was a little gappy at the edges but that's to be expected with such a long thin design. It was definitely worth taking the time to get it perfect for your eyes.
Sorry to hear about the back pain, hope your therapist can help you again.

MartinaM said...

I really like your spring motif, a great finish. Respect, I've never done anything like that before.
I wish you a happy Easter.
Oh dear, I wish you all the best for your back and include you in my prayers. Take good care of yourself.
Martina

butterfly said...

I love it Vickie , so pretty .
Have a good weekend .
Hope your back gets better soon .
Hugs June.

Manuela said...

Hello Vickie,
a great finish. I love it.
Hope your back will be better soon.
Have a nice weekend.
Hugs, Manuela

Marilyn said...

It's a cute Springy finish.
Prayers for you.
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Your cube finish is lovely, Vickie. Lifting you up in prayer for your back, for PT with Leigh and a cancellation so you can get an earlier appointment with the pain doctor.

Barb said...

That finish looks good to me. I have never tried one like that. I hope you have a very blessed Easter. I also hope you will get some help from the therapist. I will keep you in my prayers!

diamondc said...

Hi Vickie: Happy Blessed easter.
This is an adorable design and finish; I have taken apart finishes in the past and redone them myself.
I hope you have a wonderful week, we have storms here now and the dogs are hiding.

Catherine

Mary said...

I bet you feel so good that you re-finished the cube so it meets your standards, it would have annoyed you if you hadn't. I will keep you in my prayers that you get relief with Leigh from your horrible pain.

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

This is so pretty - I love this...

Happy Spring :)

Linda K, Buttercup

gracie said...

Your cube finish looks perfect to me. My friend, I am so sorry you are in pain. I do hope therapy will help.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I would have been like you Vickie and redone my finish. If I spot something that I'm not happy with in my finishes that is all I see until I amend it.
It's a super finish.

Vicki said...

What a cute finish! Praying for pain relief for you, friend.

Julie - More Of Him said...

Your finish is beautiful! I recently finished some of my mill hill projects I had stitched. It feels so good to actually finish them completely. your cube is beautiful!

Praying for you, Vickie! I hope you can get some help for the pain and get into the doctor way before October!

Blessings - Julie

Astrids dragon said...

Such an adorable finish, and I'm glad it was a somewhat easy fix for you to make it perfect!
I'm so sorry to hear you are in pain again, I'm praying for comfort for you, and getting to see Leigh soon. Hugs!