Calendar Poodle SAL

Saturday, April 2, 2022

Out With March , In With April

 Hi friends! I have something a little different for you. April Cubby Shelf Display💐 These are all stitched over one, except the little pillows on top. I have been asked many times for close up pictures of the cubby shelf stitching. I did a video for you instead. I hope this helps. 😊

🐤🐰🐤🐰🐤🐰🐤🐰🐤🐰🐤

March's Daffodil by Cottage Garden Samplings 💐

This entire monthly series is gorgeous and it was a GENEROUS GIFT FROM DEAR ASTRID Thank you once again Astrid! I am stitching them each one over two on 40ct lambswool linen with the called for DMC. I used StitchySilk Cherry Blossom (a gift from Carol) for the butterflies. I also used Dragon Floss in Love Always (a gift from June) for the white daffodils. I always wanted to plant pink daffodils in one of my gardens. I never did. So I planted them here!😉 I am making flat finishes out of all twelve months and mounting them with a magnet to this finishing piece I got from Hobby Lobby.
💐🍀💐🍀💐🍀💐🍀💐🍀💐

Friends, would you please keep our friend Astrid and her dear father, and her entire family in your prayers? Her dear mother has passed on. 

Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.  James 1:12

I am working on an Easter stitch. Are you?

It is snowing as I type. Ugh. I wish it would warm up and stay warm and sunny. 

I hope and pray you all have a wonderful new week my friends! God bless you. Thank you for stopping by. 

Stitching and praying,

Vickie





13 comments:

Julie - More Of Him said...

Your cubby is so cute! I love how you change it out every month. Your cross stitch is gorgeous, and I your pink daffodils are so cute! It's finally warmed up here...I hope it does for you, too. I'll be praying for Astrid. I'm so sorry for her loss.

Blessings - Julie

diamondc said...

Hi Vickie: I will say many prayers for Astrid and her family.
Love the video so many adorable designs you have stitched.
Your poodle collection is so sweet.

Catherine

Manuela said...

Your Cubby shelf is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing the little film.
Your newest finish for April looks gorgeous.
Have a nice Sunday. Manuela

Mary said...

YOur cubby always looks so pretty, it is amazing to me that you do all these over one. YOur April monthly is so pretty and I'm sure I mentioned I love that piece you put it on, it works so well with these patterns.

I am so sorry to hear of Astrid's mothers passing.

Robin in Virginia said...

Well done on getting the March block finished, Vickie! Thank you for sharing the video of the cubby! I am actually stitching on a Christmas gift at the moment, so no to Easter stitching. I am sorry to hear of Astrid's mother. Will keep her and her family in my prayers.

Ele said...

Your cubby shelf is simply beautiful Vickie, thanks for the video. So many pretty designs you have there, I am sure they bring a smile to the face of all your visitors. So sweet! Will keep Astrid and her family in my thoughts
Have a very good day

MartinaM said...

A great video, so you can see everything well. Thanks very much. March Narcissus has a nice finish again. I am happy to include Astrid and her father in my prayers. How sad to lose a loved one.
It's quite cold here, but the sun is shining a little.
have a good week
Martina

butterfly said...

I will keep Astrid and and family in my prayers .
Lovely needle work for April .
Enjoy a good week hugs June.

Mary's Thread said...

A beautiful display again this month Vickie!

Barb said...

Vickie, I am so impressed with all that over one stitching! Your cubby is just delightful! I do love that series you are stitching. I have admired it ever since it was introduced!

Carol said...

I'm SO behind on my blog reading/commenting having been in Florida! Lovely April video of your pretty creations, Vickie. I'm so sorry to hear about Astrid's mother--one of our greatest losses in life is that of our mothers. Wishing you and your family a blessed Easter ♥

Vicki said...

What a great idea for displaying your monthly series! I have several art decor floor vents pulled out of an old house in KS that was being demolished. I'm going to "borrow" your idea of using them as changeable frames. Very clever!!

Astrids dragon said...

Dearest Vickie, thank you for the mention of my precious Momma, it's been almost a month and it's still hard to adjust.
I love your pink daffodils, who knew there was such a thing?!