Calendar Poodle SAL

Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Peace

 Hi friends!  I have finished my peace pattern and want to share it with you. Peace card exhibition by Gera! Kyoko Maruoka 🕊️ 

This beautiful pattern was created by Kyoko for the 2016 peace card exhibition. This is a free pattern available on her IG. I stitched this 2 over 2 with the called for DMC on 28ct yellow Meran linen. How are you liking the frame? 

I found it after much, much searching. I finally drove to another town to a bigger JoAnn. Our JoAnn is small and has no frame department at all. Turns out I did not need the frame department at all. I found this frame 30 seconds after I walked in the store! It was in the Easter section. And those 🌻sunflowers! They immediately made me think of Ukraine.


Blessed are the peacemakers,

For they shall be called sons of God.

Matthew 5:9

🕊️💛🕊️💛🕊️💛🕊️💛🕊️💛🕊️

I am stitching on With Thy Needle and Thread Pot O Gold. I will not finish in time for St. Patrick's Day. 😒 I thought I had time to get this one done for the big day. Then I went shopping for that frame here and there and everywhere. And other commitments came up. You know, life! Oh well. I will finish it and then get on to my monthly stitch quickly as that is not a quick stitch either and the month is half gone!!

Did you buy new Market Stash? (I did not.) Are you stitching it right away? 












📚🎧Evelyn Brand is an American journalist in Munich, Germany in 1938. She is working in a male dominated profession, so she has to work twice as hard to prove herself. Peter Lang is an American graduate student working on his PhD in German also in Munich. Peter is disillusioned with the chaos in the world due to the Great Depression. He is impressed with the prosperity and order of German society. When the brutality of the regime hits close, he discovers a far better way to use his contacts within the Nazi party--to feed information to the shrewd reporter he can't get off his mind. This novel is full of suspense and romance is a 💯clean read! A very inspiring read. NICE.

Is it warming up by you? It is by us. Still patches of snow on the ground, but it is in the thirties and forties at night! And in the forties, fifties, and tomorrow it will reach the mid-sixties!! HOORAY!

 “He will cover you with His feathers, under His wings you will find refuge; His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart." Psalm 91:4

Have a super day! Thanks for stopping by. You are appreciated. 😊And I thank you for your comments. Make sure you have an email for me to respond to you. I always reply back when you leave a comment.

Stitching and praying,
Vickie




14 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

I love your Peace finish and that frame is perfect, Vickie. I did order some Market things (only because I had gift cards), but none of it has arrived yet. And no, I probably won't stitch any of it right away unless it works in with my current plans. Happy Tuesday!

Stasi said...

That frame is fabulous, Vickie, on that piece! I have a list of Market items and will pick them up the end of the month when I drive up to Ocean City.

Carol said...

I love this one, Vickie, and that frame is perfection! I guess the drive to the larger JoAnn's was worth it! Nope... no Market items have screamed "Buy Me!" at all. I have so many wonderful old charts in my stash that I'm trying to get to this year. Will look forward to seeing your St. Patrick's Day piece :) Enjoy your day ♥

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Oh how perfect! I so love this piece! Wishing you a day full of blessings sweet friend. ((hugs))

diamondc said...

Vickie: You have picked the perfect frame, the design is adorable.
Thank-you for the info on the designer.
I am looking forward to seeing what else you are working on.

Catherine

MartinaM said...

It is a beautiful peace pattern. And such a beautiful frame.
The book sounds very interesting. I have to put it on my list.
Martina

butterfly said...

Lovely design Vickie and the frame is perfect .
Enjoy your day .

Manuela said...

Hi Vickie,
the frame is perfect.
The book sounds interesting.
Have a nice day. Manuela

Vicki said...

Your Peace project is beautiful! Love the frame...

Barb said...

Your piece stitch is so beautiful! Thank you for the idea of another book!

Mary said...

Vickie, I love your peace stitch and the frame is perfect!! My Joannes is very small but I will look for that frame, Love it! I broke down and bought 2 items from Nashville, can't wait for them to get here!

Julie - More Of Him said...

I love your birds - Mourning Doves are my favorite bird and, while I don't think that's what these are, that's what they remind me of. I absolutely love that frame! I have never looked for frames at JoAnne's! I do think ours has a frame department, too. I like the books by Sarah Sundin so will have to check that out. Things ae warming up here, too. I'll be glad when it's warm enough to sit on the deck again. Hope you're feeling good - praying for you back, my friend!

Blessings - Julie

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

The frame and Peace stitching are made for each other.
Sounds like another good book recommendation Vickie

Mary's Thread said...

Hi Vickie! It is a beautiful project in a gorgeous frame! I might just have to run over to Joanns! I made a little Nashville shopping list but did not buy anything. There were several projects I thought were "must haves" but they are not going anywhere so I don't need to run out and get them! You could say it is "warming up" in Arizona and it is supposed to go over 90 this weekend. But last weekend it was windy and overcast and in the 60s and I needed a blanket at the baseball game! We are such wimps in Arizona!