Calendar Poodle SAL

Saturday, August 21, 2021

Birthday Presents

 Hi friends! Yesterday was Brian's birthday, and this is what I gifted him! 

I would love to tell you what the free pattern is called, but it is all in Russian I believe. You can find it, if you are also interested in stitching it, on a French Facebook site called Le Monde Des Aimants A Aiguilles Et Broderie. The pattern WAS Grumpy Cat. I converted it to look like our Cally cat. 😾 She positively adores Brian. I stitched this one over one on 28ct white evenweave with the called for DMC. I would love to tell you I enjoyed stitching this little gal, by the end, I just plowed through for Brian. It was worth it. He loves it. He did tease, and say to Madeleine, Let's take out the frown and stitch in a happy face." 😼

This is the birthday cake I made Brian yesterday. 

To my knowledge, this cake has not been made in our family since the 80's. This is my Great Aunt Ethel's recipe. 

Oh the memories! YUM! And isn't it pretty?! As a girl, I always thought of stained glass windows of church when she brought this.

This is a VERY belated birthday gift I made our friend Martina 💝 I used coordinating red fabrics from my stash for the bookmark. "Scandinavian Tree" by Scandinavian Stitches, found in 2013 JCS Christmas Ornaments Issue. I stitched this over one with the called for DMC on 28ct white Cashel linen. 

I stitched the Sajou "M" on white evenweave with DMC 321. 

I am happy to say Martina likes this and forgave me for being late. She understood my absent mindedness last month, due to family concerns.

🌞🌻August Cubby Shelf Display🌞🌻 These are all stitched over one. Except the little August pillow on top.🍉 Do you see the little poodle laying out in the sun on the beach?🏖️


💐August Corner Shelf💐

Wow! You are caught up on stitching now. I have neglected the blog for a bit. Sorry about that. There have been family concerns. Also this month there have been daily prompts on Instagram (for Common Threaded Stitcher) keeping me busy, so I have been posting, just not here. If you care to check it out you can do so HERE

I am now stitching a tiny quote. This will put me behind once again on my monthly Ric Rac Row, but, oh well.

We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed—  always carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body. 2Corinthians 4:8-10

Thank you so much for stopping by and sticking with me. I truly appreciate that. God bless you my friends. I hope you have a wonderful new week. Take good care of yourselves and be safe out there!

Stitching and praying,
Vickie





10 comments:

MartinaM said...

Congratulations to Brian afterwards, you made a cute pattern for him, I love it.
Oh, and the cake looks delicious.
Oh and I love my bookmark, I can't thank you enough. So small and finely worked. Thank you my friend.
Your corner shelf looks beautiful again, all your colors.
Have a good week, big hugs, Martina

butterfly said...

Lovely gift to Brian , and the cake looks yummy .
lovely gift to Martina , and shelf looks great.
Have a lovely Sunday.

Manuela said...

Happy belated birthday to Brain. The little cat is cute and the cake looks yummy.
The little bookmark for Martina is beautiful.
I like your cubby shelf and your corner shelf.
Have a nice Sunday, my friend.
Manuela

Marilyn said...

Cute gift & pretty corner shelf & cubby.
That Torte looks delicious!
Marilyn

Stasi said...

Your cubby is sweet as ever!!! That torte sounds perfect for a summer dessert!

Robin in Virginia said...

Always enjoy reading your posts, Vickie! Yum on Brian's birthday cake! Thanks for sharing pictures of your cubby, your corner shelf and your stitches!

Vicki said...

Hope all is well with your family.
Sweet gift for your hubby!
The bookmark gift is so creative-love the shape of it.
Love the cubby shelf and corner shelf (just like every other month!)
Take care, friend

Mary said...

Happy Birthday to Brian! Lovely Cally cat stitch! I never had anything like the torte cake, love the stained glass look too! Your August corner cabinet is so pretty, I especially like your pink August stitch!

diamondc said...

Vickie: I am late commenting so sorry, Tell Brian Happy birthday.
That cake looks yummy, I have never heard about the Broken Glass Cake.
Your gift to Brian is adorable.
Your displays are always a joy to see, you display all your items is such a lovely way.
Nice gift to Martina.

Catherine

Mary's Thread said...

Another charming seasonal display! The jar of flowers on the third shelf is my favorite in this set! The picture of Callie turned out darling. So much personality! Or Purr-sonality! :)