Calendar Poodle SAL

Thursday, August 26, 2021

Mom

 Hi friends! These words were spoken to me by my dear Mom not too long ago, during much family turmoil. They instantly made us both laugh, but they brought me comfort and I placed my trust in her, and I told her so. 

My Mom. She always takes care of me. I love her so. God bless our Moms. 

I stitched this two over two with DMC 924 on mystery 28ct evenweave.

I am now stitching my monthly Ric Rac Row piece.

Thomas Geve was just 13 years old when he entered Auschwitz. He was separated from his mother. He suffered unspeakable events. I have read many WWII books, and I learned new things here. Not good things friends. He was 15 years old when he was liberated from the Buchenwald concentration camp. Thomas' original drawings did not survive. Immediately after his liberation, Thomas began drawing over 80 scenes of daily life in camp. Thomas has spent his life speaking about the Holocaust around the world. 

Please pray for Auntie Kathy. She has her port in place. She begins chemotherapy on September 3rd. Her doctor feels there is most likely still cancer in her body. It is best to get ahead of the cancer and treat her for it with chemo. She will have chemo for 3 months. 

We are having a family birthday party this Sunday for our three guys. It is a bit late, but that is okay. It is for Brian, and my two brothers, Jon and Mike. After that, we will not be able to go in the house and visit with Auntie Kathy. Her immunity will be wiped out because of chemo, so we all need to be careful with her. 💗

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  1John 1:9

Thank you for stopping by my friends. I appreciate your kind comments. 


Stitching and praying,

Vickie







11 comments:

butterfly said...

What a lovely stitch for your mother , and a lovely photo of you both .
I will pray for your Aunty tonight with many other beautiful people.
I so miss my family we have to hold tight to the ones we love.
Enjoy your Friday and weekend hugs June.






Manuela said...

A wonderful stitching for your mother. I love it.
A lovely photos from you and your mother.
Have a nice weekend and birthday party.
Hugs, Manuela

Marilyn said...

A cute little finish!
Prayers for Kathy.
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

The pillow you stitched and finished is darling, Vickie. Wishing the 3 guys very happy birthday. Praying for your Aunt Kathy as she begins chemo on Sept. 3rd.

MartinaM said...

Yes - for us, mothers are the most important person, I notice that even with my children, mum is always the number one contact.
For Mother's Day my daughter gave me a saying because I would like to tell you
"A mother is the only person in the world who loves you before he knows you"
Have a good time. Hugs Martina

Ele said...

What a pretty stitching for your mom, and what a lovely photo.
Hope all will be well with your aunt, keeping you all in my thoughts

Vicki said...

What a sweet piece for your mom. Continuing to pray for your Aunt. I'm going to have to find that book. It sounds very interesting. WWII is one of my top three favorite eras of history. Along with the American Civil War and the Russian Revolution. I agree with you. Although I've read dozens of WWII books, I always learn something new.

marly said...

My mom and dad have been on my mind all day today. Hard to believe how much time has passed.

My cousin visited Auschwitz and it took her some time to recover. I don't know if it was her shock or actual happenings, but she said there was not a sound to be heard. Not an insect, not a bird, silence. The piles of shoes hit her gut, and the people she was touring with said not one word until the next day. My mom's neighbor always tried to hide her concentration camp tattoo with sleeves.

Happy birthday to the "boys".

diamondc said...

Vickie: I am so sorry to hear about Kathy, however having the chemo to get rid of whatever is left in her body should be done.
I will keep her and all of you in my daily Prayers.
What an adorable pillow and so true Moms are the best.
Happy Birthday to all three of the guys.
It is such a heartbreaking time in history when Jews were prosecuted by death, I pray that the survivors are able to cope with that horrible time in there lives.
Jewish people are Gods Chosen.

Catherine

diamondc said...

Vickie: I forgot to tell you super sweet photo of you and your mother.

Catherine

Carol said...

Our mom's... where would we be without them! The little pillow is so sweet, Vickie. My mom's favorite saying was "This too shall pass." Boy, do I miss her saying those words... Love the photo of the two of you that you shared. And I hope the family turmoil has resolved itself ♥