Calendar Poodle SAL

Monday, October 22, 2018

Thank You

Hi friends,
I am sharing this message, given to me, to share with you all, by our dear friend Jenny.

Dearest Stitching Friends,

I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you so very, very much for all the love, support , friendship and prayers that you have shown to me and my family during my husband’s cancer battle. They brought so much comfort to not only me but to Scott. He was so very touched that all of you were praying for our family. It really meant so very much to us both. I know that his journey did not end the way we wanted it to. Scott is now in Heaven with our Lord and Savior. My children Andrew and Emily as well as myself are heartbroken that Scott is no longer here with us on this earth and we miss him in all the little things, in all the big things and in every breath we take. However your love and support and your prayers are holding us up. They are giving us the strength we need to face each and every day. For that I am still so very thankful. It is really a special gift when friends come together over something that they love. We have all come together over our love of stitching. Scott was a huge supporter of my needlework and was constantly involved in one way or another with all the projects that I would make. He treasured the gifts that I would stitch for him whether it was a cross stitched stocking or a quilt. The last gift I stitched for him was his Christmas ornament last year. It was the Hometown Holiday Train Station from Little House Needleworks. You see when Scott and I were dating ( we have been together since we were 19 ) he lived in San Diego and I lived in Van Nuys, about 3 hours north of San Diego. We would take the Amtrak train to see each other instead of driving the busy L.A. freeways. He loved that ornament because of those special memories that we shared and now of course it is beyond priceless to me. Just as all of you are beyond priceless to me. You have walked with us during this difficult journey. You have prayed for us, sent cards, shown love and friendship and cried with us. I treasure each and every one of you and feel so very blessed to not only find you on stitching blogs but to call you my friends. So thank you my dear friends! I am sending lots of hugs and love your way.

Love,
Jenny



We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed—  always carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body.  For we who live are always delivered to death for Jesus’ sake, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh.  So then death is working in us, but life in you.  And since we have the same spirit of faith, according to what is written, “I believed and therefore I spoke,” we also believe and therefore speak,  knowing that He who raised up the Lord Jesus will also raise us up with Jesus, and will present us with you.  For all things are for your sakes, that grace, having spread through the many, may cause thanksgiving to abound to the glory of God. Seeing the Invisible  Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory,  while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:8-18

Stitching and praying,
Vickie

13 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Continuing to pray for Jenny, her children, and family and friends. May they feel peace during this time and seek comfort from the Lord.

Vicki said...

Thank you for sharing this with us, Vickie. I am continuing to pray for them...

butterfly said...


I am so proud of Jenny , knowing what it is like to lose a loved one when they are young .

She is a strong lady , tell her to always remember the happy times , time will heal . It's early days yet but with your help and prayers of others she will come through with a stronger love for all.

God bless Jenny and family.

Justine said...

How kind of Jenny to find time to send this message through you Vickie. I continue to pray for her and her family.

diamondc said...

Jenny: Blessings on Your healing of your loss, as time goes by remember you have many beautiful memories of Scott something no one can take from you.
Vickie: Thank you for the beautiful Scripture.

Catherine

woolwoman said...

what a strong person Jenny must be. I don't know her but I pray for her strength and for her children and she to find peace. Blessings to her family and to you Vickie, hope you are feeling better - Mel

Margaret said...

Thanks for sharing this with us. My prayers continue for Jenny and her family.

Penny said...

Thinking of Jenny and her family. Thank you for sharing her words with us, Vickie.

Barb said...

Please thank Jenny for the beautiful note. She and her children are still in my prayers.

Julie said...

Love and blessings xx

Astrids dragon said...

Continued prayers for Jenny and family. What a treasured memory of the train ornament she made Scott.

RJ said...

I love you Jenny and think about you every day. Continued thoughts and prayers for Andrew and Emily too. RJ

ricketyjo said...

Thinking of Jenny and her family. Thank you for the update.