Calendar Poodle SAL

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Stitchin'

Hi friends! I have the finished November wreath for the cubby shelf to share with you.
Aren't these mums beautiful? I love them. This was stitched one over one on 25ct white Zweigart Dublin linen with the called for DMC. This pattern can be found HERE

So.....does anyone remember the Bluegrass Denim Overalls from 2015/2016???? The overalls owned by my baby brother Jonathan? They are covered by 31 BLUEGRASS ARTISTS' AUTOGRAPHS!!! All in black sharpie, all embroidered by ME!!!!! Yeah. That was not fun. Just saying. Well, my best friend Heather calls these overalls the traveling pants, and they have been traveling. 😭More autographs for me to embroider. You know that song, "This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on, my friend."?😨 Well, this PROJECT  IS NEVER GOING TO END, IS IT?!?!

I sat myself down and did the easiest autograph right away.
Yes, my brother says thank you numerous times. No, he does not truly realize how many hours and hours it takes to do all of these.

I am now stitching an angel pattern for my mom's Christmas ornament.

I bought a new pattern. I have been trying to resist, but I keep seeing our friends Barb and Lainey on Instagram stitch it and well, I caved.
Image result for carolyn manning flower a day
I am not starting this yet. I am dedicated to Christmas ornament stitching AND finishing the December wreath, and the last two poodles for the year first. When I begin this I will be stitching this one over one on 28 count Bo Peep Pink linen, which is sort of a very pale peachy pink.

The other morning I saw this beautiful sunrise over Main Street while taking Henry out very early.
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; A good understanding have all those who do His commandments. His praise endures forever.

Thank you for stopping by today. I am so very glad you did! I appreciate your comments. Less and less people take the time to leave comments nowadays, SO THANK YOU VERY MUCH for taking the time and effort to do so!!!

Stitching and praying,
Vickie

21 comments:

Manuela said...

The wreath looks great and the colours are so beautiful.
Wonderful new chart.
Hugs, Manuela

Marilyn said...

Those little wreaths are so cute, and good luck on the Denims!
It will be a great keepsake though.
Can't wait to see your Carolyn Manning project, she has some nice designs.
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Your November wreath looks lovely, Vickie. I like your soon to be stitch, The Flower A Day SAL. Is the chart in black/white or color? Good luck with the never ending overalls and their embroidery!

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Just dropped in to say hello and hope you have a great day. Enjoyed your blog. Love your stitching. hugs

Jenny said...

Good Morning Vickie....

Your November wreath is really lovely! These wreaths look wonderful in your cubby shelf.

Oh those overalls! The project that never ends....What a wonderful memory for your brother and you my friend are a very loving sister to continue on with this!!! Truly a labor of love!

The sunrise made me smile. I have always loved to watch the sunrise and this one? God certainly painted a beautiful one!

Enjoy your day dear friend! I am sending hugs and love!

Vicki said...

Love the Main Street photo - beautiful!!
Your wreaths are so pretty... I can't believe there's only one month left.
Those overalls are going to be a family treasure...

Linda said...

Congrats on another cute wreath finish Vickie.

Linda

Julie said...

The Bicenver wreath is beautiful.
Oh no..... not the overalls again ... lucky you NOT!!!!
I've seen Barbs version of this, it's very pretty

Stasi said...

November is a nice addition to your wreaths. The flower a day piece is so sweet! Is this available for sale or just as a SAL? The overalls idea is so cool but I know it is a lot of work--truly a gift of love!

butterfly said...

Lovely wreath so pretty.

Your new chart looks lovely and the sun rise is just wonderful.

Have a fab day hugs .

gracie said...

Another beautiful wreath. The new chart looks lovely and like it will definitely be a long project. I Love the amazing sky picture.

Barb said...

The wreath and the sunrise are both so beautiful. I love the deep red mums!

Penny said...

Your wreath is so pretty, Vickie! Really the only thing I like about the fall is the beautiful colors. And speaking of colors - I can see why you caved on The Flower A Day chart. It's going to be beautiful. And the sunrise - just spectacular! You are such a sweet sister embroidering those autographs. : )

Astrids dragon said...

Such beautiful colours in your November wreath, so pretty.
Your brother sure gets around and keeps you busy, what a sweet sister you are!
Wow, that's a lot of flowers, it's going to be lovely. Starting after the holidays is perfect.
Such amazing colours in the sunrise, certainly a blessed way to start the day.

MartinaM said...

Hi Vickie,
Again such a beautiful wreath, now your collection is almost complete.
Your new flower of the day pattern looks great and you've chosen a big project.
Hugs Martina

Lili said...

Your new wreath is so beautiful, love the colours!!
Your embroider project is great, Vickie! And your brother will love it, for sure! :)
Your new chart is amazing! So many and beautiful flowers!!

moreofhim said...

Beautiful wreath, Vickie! I love your cubbie and how you change it for each month. What a gorgeous sunrise! Always love coming by to see what you're sharing.

Blessings - Julie

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I remember those denims and the autographs! It was a real labour of love.

The Flower-a-Day is gorgeous. I have the seed of an idea to do it as a Temperature SAL! How mad would that be?

Clare-Aimetu said...

Another lovely wreath for your Cubby Hole. I love all the colours of autumn.

RJ said...

Your November wreath is beautiful Vickie. You are a wonderful sister and I look forward to seeing more of your gift to your brother. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

rosey175 said...

Beautiful new pattern-to-be! Are all the flowers going become shades of pink like the pretty sunrise? :)

Those traveling denims! Ouch. They will look pretty awesome though.