Calendar Poodle SAL

Monday, July 3, 2023

Hello July

Hi friends! I will first show you Our Lasting Friendship by Blackbird Designs. This is my friend Beth's  sampler. Eight of us in our local cross stitch group are doing a round robin with this pattern. I completed the "July" stitching on this/Beth's sampler three weeks ago, but forgot to post it. Having a puppy will do that to you! This month we stitched the lower left corner.

🎕🎕🎕🎕🎕🎕🎕🎕🎕🎕

July Cubby Shelf Display 💖🤍💙🐩 

Almost every one of these are stitched over one. The new piece in the cubby shelf this month is "Mighty to Save" by My Big Toe Designs. 

I stitched this one over one on 35 count lambswool linen with VMSS of my choice. 

This pattern was a gift from my stitching buddy Lisa in New York. Thank you Lisa❣️

I am now stitching Emerson's Christmas ornament. I do have the monthly stockings for June and July stitched up, I just need to find/make the time to make them into stockings. With little Flossie here, her nap times are precious. I find myself always wanting to just stitch during those naps!

📚What a great book! Ashlyn is a rare-book dealer who has a gift for feeling the echoes of a books’ previous owners. Ashlyn discovers a pair of beautifully bound volumes that appear to have never been published and each tell conflicting sides of a tragic romance. She becomes obsessed with the books and needs to figure out what happened to these two lovers.

📚🎧This is the latest novel by Martha Hall Kelly, that ties in with Lilac Girls and Lost Roses. Two former female spies, bound together by their past, risk everything to hunt down an infamous Nazi doctor in the aftermath of World War II. I have not been let down by one of Martha's books yet! I love historical novels based on true stories.

I thought I would update you on my back. I am no longer in severe pain. I am taking the muscle relaxers daily and the naltrexone, a pain medicine. Between these two, my pain levels are now very low every day. The physical therapy did help, but it was mostly a refresher course to be honest. I do most of these exercises daily for years to strengthen my core. I will have to keep doing them.

I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.  Galatians 2:20

Thank you for stopping by. I realize I have not been posting on a regular basis whatsoever anymore. I appreciate you followers who still follow. 😉😄 Your friendship is a blessing to me. Thank you for your comments. Then I know you were here! 🥰

I hope my fellow Americans are having a wonderful weekend! We went out with our in-laws and all of our children to lunch yesterday and then came back here to play with Flossie.

Stitching and praying,
Vickie




10 comments:

Donna G. said...

So glad to hear that your pain has subsided! Cute July shelf. Happy 4th!

marly said...

So good to hear you are finally getting some relief!

Amazes me every time I see that over one cubby display.

MartinaM said...

There isn't much that can be done with your joint sampler, soon everyone can be happy about theirs. The new motif for your Cubby Shelf looks great.
I'm glad to hear your pain has lessened. It's good that the medication and new exercises are helping.
Happy 4th of July.
Hugs, Martina

butterfly said...

Lovely stitching , so happy you are now pain free and enjoying life .
Lots of hugs my friend June.

Marilyn said...

A beautiful Sampler & your cubby looks great.
I am glad you have gotten some relief from your back pain.
Puppies take up a lot of your time.
Flossie is too cute!
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Oh Vickie, I am so relieved and happy to hear that your back pain has been reduced. Your portion on Beth's sampler is lovely. Love the new addition to your cubby. Flossie is a cutie. Have a wonderful Fourth!

Manuela said...

Hello Vickie,
wonderful progress on the friendship sampler.
I like your newest piece for your shelf.
Flossie is so cute. Enjoy the time with him.
Hope you had a wonderful 4th of July.
Hugs, Manuela

Carol said...

First of all, that's great news that your pain has lessened, Vickie. And yes, the exercises will probably remain a lifelong routine, but if they help, the time is well worth it.

Lovely cubby and new stitching. And Beth's round robin is looking wonderful--that is a lot of stitching on other people's samplers. I'm always curious--do you notice a difference in the stitching? I feel that some stitchers may pull their threads tighter or leave them looser, maybe? I don't know having never done a round robin.

I guess having a puppy is like having a baby--you have to take advantage of nap time and stitch :) Hope you have a wonderful new month! ♥

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely work on the Round Robin and a beautiful cubby display too.
Glad that your back pain is subsiding now, hopefully this will last!

Astrids dragon said...

Beautiful new piece to add to your cubby shelf, the colours are so pretty.
I'm so happy to hear your back is doing better, I'm glad you were able to figure out what helps.