Calendar Poodle SAL

Thursday, July 13, 2023

Stocking Stitchin'

Hi friends! I want to share with you my latest finishing work.

💗Here Comes The Bride💗from Glorious June by Blackbird Designs. I have had this stitched for a month! It has been waiting to be finished. Having a puppy will put a big kink in your stitching plans, let me tell you! I stitched this one over two on 40ct Platinum Newcastle linen with two of the called for DMCs and Olde Willow Stitchery Hand-Dyed Thread in Floral Fantasy. 

The backing fabric is from my stash and I was thrilled to discover it in my stash, since it mimics the wedding ring pattern I stitched on the front on the stocking.

I noticed that with this one, the sixth in this series, I finally think it looks very good. I guess it took a lot of stocking making practice to get them to turn out decent. 😂 These are fully lined, and a pain in the 🍑 to make in my opinion.

💗💜💗💜💗💜💗💜💗💜💗

💖⭐Bountiful Stars⭐💖from Patriotic July by Blackbird Designs  

I stitched this one over two on 36ct cream Edinburgh linen with the called for 924 DMC and CC Clay Pot. Love this one! 

I backed and lined it with this fabric from my stash. I am finishing all of these mini stockings so they are fully lined.

Now that I am caught up, it is time to pull flosses and find linen for August. 🙃 I do stitch and finish 😑 while little Flossie sleeps. Puppies sure are a LOT of work. You forget that! Much easier when you are younger and have kids and THEY can entertain the puppy all day long!!

💖💙💖💙💖💙💖💙💖💙💖

And speaking of the little rascal... Holy Smokes it ain't easy to groom this puppy! And I have groomed three other puppies we have had over the decades! This one is a rascal. She is a professional at not letting you get her face done. I clipped her body two weeks ago. I left it longer. Her facial hair was a bit shorter than the body hair, so I waited till now. Sooo... the results are not exactly what I was hoping for, but it will have to do. She still looks cute, right?

Goodness, I hope she gets better with time! She is so smart, I used treats to get through it, and she expects them with just about every snip of the scissors. 🤪 Oh Flossie!🐩🐾💗

Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.  Matthew 6:19-21

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Thank you so much for dropping by today. I appreciate your friendship. I enjoy reading your comments and have always replied to every single one of them over these many years of my blog. I do need you to leave an email address though if you would like me to be able to contact you. 😊

Stitching and praying,

Vickie





10 comments:

Manuela said...

Hello Vickie,
both stocking are great. You have choosen perfect fabrics for the backside.
Flossie is so cute.
Have a nice weekend. Manuela

Marilyn said...

Your stockings are so nice Vickie, great job.
Oh, that little Flossie does look like a real rascal, but oh so cute!
Have a nice weekend! We finally got rain! YAY!
Marilyn

Stasi said...

Your stockings are looking great! The backing fabric for June is perfect!
Flossie is adorable!

Carol said...

You did a wonderful job on your two latest stockings, Vickie. I have never tried one and doubt I will... as I get older I am definitely opting for easier :) Flossie is looking so adorable... I guess having a puppy is much like having a toddler. They are into everything and can exhaust you, but they are such a joy ♥

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fabulous work on your stockings, practise does indeed make perfect!

MartinaM said...

Your two stockings are beautiful, beautiful patterns and the backs also match perfectly.
Puppies that small are cute and they demand a lot of time, testing their limits just like us humans. But such small poodles also bring a lot of joy.
Enjoy your weekend,
Martina

Robin in Virginia said...

I am playing catch up on my blog reading this afternoon since I have returned my mom back to her house. Both your stockings look fabulous, Vickie. Can't wait to see which one you pick for August! Flossie is a cutie and I hope she settles down for you and for Henry.

butterfly said...

Lovely stockings so pretty.
Oh my if I had Flossie , there would be no stitching .
I would be cuddling her all day.
Have fun hugs June.

diamondc said...

Greetings Vickie: I love your stockings and how lucky to have the wedding ring fabric for backing, perfect match.
Both stocking are adorable.
Flossie is so adorable, Mikey hates his face trimmed the groomer uses curved scissors they are so safe to use.
I hope she gets better with age when it comes to trimming Mikey has.

Hugs
Catherine

Astrids dragon said...

Two lovely finishes, I hope you find more to stitch since you've mastered it now!
Flossie looks adorable, I hope she cooperates better in the future. And yes, having a puppy is a lot of work - sometimes more than a baby!