Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, March 31, 2023

Spring Stitching

 Hi friends! It is really taking a while to warm up here. It was 19 degrees last night! 🥶

You all know our friend Lynda Ruth, would you please pray for her? She was in the hospital. Her husband Dave has brought her home. She had fluid in her lungs and had to have it removed. She is now on medication. She has asked if you would all remember her. Let us not forget one of our own, but send her love.💕

🐰Spring Cutie Cards🐰by Sam Grover in 2014 Cute Cross Stitch magazine. 

Are these not precious??!! 

I had saved this pattern, and when I found this adorable, little basket at Goodwill for a dollar and change, I knew I finally found my way to finish these little critters. 

I stitched these one one over one with the called for DMC on 28 count pastel mint green evenweave.

🧡💜💗💙🧡💜💗💙

💕Oh Sweet Pea💕from April Showers by Blackbird Designs.

I stitched this one over two on mystery 40ct linen with some of the called for DMC and VMSS Antique Pink and The Perfect Rose. 

The backing fabric is from my stash. This was a snow day last week. Sweet Peas in the snow!😄 I thought I would take pictures of the stocking inside also. So bright inside!

💐💐💐💐💐💐💐

🌟Glory To God🌟by Little House Needleworks. 

This pattern can be found in the 2008 Just CrossStitch Christmas Ornament Issue. I stitched this for my Mom for this coming Christmas. She loves angels. I stitched this two over two on 32count Silkweaver Belfast linen in French vanilla swirl  with the called for DMC and VMSS 1795 Golden Straw. I had the perfect finishing fabric in my stash. What a dope! 🤦I glued it on upside down. 

😑 Well, I know Mom won't notice. I am disappointed though. Oh well. Vonna I am not. One ornament done for this year anyhow.

🌟⭐🌟⭐🌟⭐🌟⭐🌟⭐🌟

❄️Elizabeth Jane❄️by Blackbird Designs.

WOO HOO! I have now completed two of the six samplers I have on my list for this year to finish!!

This sampler block is in honor of my FIL, my MIL, and my BIL.

I am stitching Anniversaries of the Heart by Blackbird Designs all on one piece of 25ct cream Dublin linen, which requires some modifications along the way. It is stitched with the called for WDW Baked Apple, mostly DMC, and some #vmss I have made MANY color changes to make mine look more like the pattern covers. The entire thing is stitched over one.

❌✂️❌✂️❌✂️❌✂️❌✂️❌












📚🎧What a super read! This historic novel is about the courtship and catastrophic honeymoon aboard the Titanic of young Madeleine Talmage Force and John Jacob “Jack” Astor. I thoroughly enjoyed this love story. I never knew of it.

Well if you can believe it, I am still waiting for my flosses for Eliza's French Birds 1849 by JBW. I want to start it SO BAD!! The flosses are scheduled to arrive today! Brian emailed 123Stitch and sent them a screen shot of  the fail to deliver and return from the PO. 123Stitch put the incorrect address for us. 😖 They agreed not to wait until they received that package back to send me those flosses. They mailed me out flosses and did not charge shipping. The originals are going back to them. I just want to start!

What are you stitching on right now?

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.  Matthew 5:16

I would like to offer this chart as a giveaway to my American friends this time. All you have to do is leave a comment on this post stating that you would like to enter the giveaway. You need to be a sidebar follower of this blog. I will draw a name and announce the winner on Friday, April 7th.

I hope you have a marvelous weekend my friends! Thank you for stopping by. Take care. 

Stitching and praying,
Vickie





10 comments:

MartinaM said...

Oh dear, that doesn't sound good, I'm praying for Lynda and I hope it gets really good again.
How cute is the little pattern, love your finish, it's perfect.
And your new stocking looks great too.
And then you finished another very nice motif, I like the motifs from LHN.
Your sampler is worked so finely, I have great respect for the small stitches.
Enjoy your weekend
Hugs Martina

Manuela said...

Hello Vickie,
you were very busy on your stitching hobby.
The little chicken and bunnies are very cute. I like your finish with this little basket.
The little stocking is so beautiful. Will you hang all the stockings on your Christmas tree?
I like your next block for your big sampler.
Hope the floss arrive soon, so that you can start with yourr next sampler.
Have a nice weekend. Manuela

butterfly said...

Yes poor Lynda has not been well , she is always in my prayers .
Vickie you have been stitching some beautiful goodies , I love them all .
Looks like you are having fun.
Enjoy your weekend hugs June.

Marilyn said...

Very pretty stitching Vickie.
Prayers for Lynda.
Enjoy your weekend!
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Your stitched pieces are so pretty, Vickie. Well done on each of them! Praying for Lynda Ruth. Have a fabulous Friday and wonderful weekend, my friend.

marly said...

NINETEEN degrees? Yikes. We're having another wind storm tomorrow.
Lots of lovely finishes in this post, that basket you found is a gem.

diamondc said...

Hi Vickie: What an adorable design and finish on the basket, they are adorable,
Sweet Pea is a lovely design, Glory To God is beautiful, the backing fabric is perfect, it looks like snowflakes falling.
Love the Anniversaries of the Heart, I am also doing the series.
Thank-you for the story line on the book.
I hope you get your threads soon.
Lots of new snow fell last evening.

Catherine

http://thankfullga447 said...

Prayers to Lynda - glad she is home. Love the basket with the bunnies.

Carol said...

I'm so sorry to read about Lynda Ruth's health issues, Vickie... Hoping and praying she gets better soon.

Your little basket of bunnies and chicks is so sweet as is the stocking and piece for your mom. She will never notice the fabric :) I guarantee it :)

Congratulations on your lastest Anniversaries of the Heart block. I can imagine those must take a long time with all your changes and stitching over one. How many do you have remaining?

Thanks for the book recommendation--looks like an interesting one! Enjoy your day ♥

Astrids dragon said...

Belated prayers for Lynda, I hope she's feeling much better by now.
I love, love, love your basket of chicks & bunnies! It's an absolutely perfect stitch for it.
Your little sweet pea finish is adorable, a lovely finish.
Glory to God looks great, a quick glance at the back and you'd never know!
The sampler block looks wonderful with the colours you chose.