Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, January 6, 2023

Evergreen Lane

 Hi friends! 💚💖Evergreen Lane💖💚

by Blackbird Designs. WOO HOO! I completed one of the six samplers I have on my list for this year to finish!!

This sampler block is in honor of my THREE BROTHERS. Here is a picture of most of us gathered on the day after Thanksgiving.

Michael, Jonathan, Auntie Kathy, Mom, Jacob and Kristen, Me, Emerson, Brian and Madeleine
Here is a picture from a few years ago of just my brothers and I.

Since this is all over one, it was a challenge to fit them and their birth years in there, but by golly, I did it! I really changed the colors of the flowers on this sampler. Wasn't too sure about it, but Brian and Madeleine said it was very pretty and to leave it, so it stays.

I am stitching Anniversaries of the Heart by Blackbird Designs all on one piece of 25ct cream Dublin linen, which requires some modifications along the way. It is stitched with mostly DMC, and some VMSS. I have made MANY color changes to make mine look more like the pattern covers. I have quite a few posts about this sampler on my blog with stories about what each one means to me. Also there are family pictures on those posts to go with "their" samplers. If you are interested, just put AotH in the search bar up on the very top left of this page. That will take you to those entries.💗 

❌✂️❌✂️❌✂️❌✂️❌✂️❌

I am now stitching the inner and outer borders of The Friendship Sampler from BBD.

A new year and I have so many new stitching plans! And not just the samplers. Time. Time. We need more hours in our days to get all the patterns stitched right?

My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth.  1John 3:18

Thank you for stopping by today my friends. Your comments brighten my day. I hope and pray you are healthy and well. I hope you have a nice weekend!

Stitching and praying,

Vickie



8 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Beautiful block finish, Vickie! Love the family pictures as well! Happy Friday and have a wonderful weekend.

butterfly said...

How exciting Love the family photos .
Great stitching Vickie .
Enjoy your Weekend , hugs June.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Loved seeing your sweet family photos. Ohhh how awesome is your sampler block! I really love this one with the trees and flower. As in all the things you make, it is so lovely. Wishing you a day full of blessings sweet friend. ((hugs))

Manuela said...

A beautiful block.
Nice photos from your family.
Have a happy Weekend.
Hugs, Manuela

diamondc said...

Hi Vickie: You have a wonderful family; it is such a Blessing to have family around.
Evergreen is a sweet design, nice job getting the years and names in.
I too have three brothers two have passed due to cancer from smoking.
I hope to see what else you are working on.

Catherine

Carol said...

That is a wonderful block in honor of your brothers, Vickie! You are one tall family--my sons would be jealous. Ha ha :) They are only 5'8" -5'10". Of course they blame me because I'm such a shrimp!

Looking forward to seeing the next block! Enjoy your week ♥

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fabulous block finish and a great way to celebrate your brothers! Love the family photos too.

Astrids dragon said...

A perfect sampler block in honour of your brothers, and nice family photos!
Is there ever enough stitching time in the day?!