Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, September 30, 2022

September's Morning Glory

 Hi friends! It has been a while. That is because I am busy stitching Christmas gifts. I did take time to finish my September monthly piece though. Here it is.

💐September's Morning Glory 💐by Cottage Garden Samplings I stitched this one over two on 40ct lambswool linen with DMC and VMSS. How about those morning glories?!🤩 I loved stitching them. Made me recall growing them in my garden years ago too. I grew ones called Milk Chocolate also. 😊

I am making flat finishes out of all twelve months and mounting them with a magnet to this finishing piece I got from Hobby Lobby.

💙💜💙💜💙💜💙💜💙💜💙

🌞Sunshine🌞by Cricket Collection. 

As I think you may have figured out?? I changed the words. 😉 It did read "you are my". Our beloved priest, Father Serafim, constantly calls people Sunshine, so he himself has earned the nickname Father Sunshine. 😊 He is such a wonderful, intelligent, helpful man. It is hard stitching for a man I think ( in my opinion), and Father Serafim is not only a priest, he is also a monk. So he really should not own a lot of "stuff". I am hoping a coaster is okay. He liked it. He laughed and used it right away anyhow.

I stitched this one over one on mystery lilac 40ct to make this fit!! I used a few of the called for DMC and then pulled the rest of what I liked in DMC, as the pattern called for Silk'n Colors and Kreinik Braid, and I was not doing those.

🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞

I am now stitching a small fall piece.

Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be so.  Does a spring send forth fresh water and bitter from the same opening? James 3:10-11

We will have our sons and our DIL over for lunch on Sunday. Madeleine lives with us, if you recall. 😉 I am going to bake a carrot cake. I have had the recipe from Barb, form Lost In Floss, Floss Tube fame, for at least 3 years now, and have never made it!! I had it last month, and I have to say it is the best carrot cake I have ever had.🤩🤩🤩 The occasion on Sunday, well Monday actually, the 3rd, is our 30th anniversary. If we had money, we would do something or go somewhere. Seeing as, the medical bills still keep us down, well, we have each other and our children to celebrate with. 

I did stitch something very small this year. Seems silly. I stitched a bigger piece for Brian two years ago! And here is a milestone year and it is a little gift. No matter. He loves them all. And I cannot make a lot of pieces for the walls. Brian does not like a lot of cross stitch on the walls. I keep working on that/him.😉

I hope you all have a great weekend! I plan too. Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate your comments. That is why I take the time to reply. 😊

Stitching and praying,

Vickie





9 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Happy 30th Anniversary, Vickie and Brian! I hope your day is filled with much happiness and old/new memories. Both of your finishes are lovely!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Happy Anniversary to you both 💕 Beautiful stitching as always

Jackie's Stitches said...

Father Sunshine is going to LOVE his gift! It's perfect!

butterfly said...

Happy Anniversary to you both.
Lovely stitching .

Stasi said...

I love the little saying on the September piece. Happy 30th!!!

diamondc said...

Hi Vickie: Happy Anniversary, it is a milestone but having each other is more important, we did not have a honeymoon until fourteen years after our wedding day.
I hope you have 30 plus more years together.
As always, your stitching and decorating is lovely.
I love the Sunshine paper weight it is beautiful and a useful item for anyone.

Catherine

MartinaM said...

Your September piece is lovely, I love the little squirrels. You made your priest very happy and the change worked wonderfully.
Happy 30th anniversary. I hope you have a nice celebration with your loved ones.
Martina

Manuela said...

Happy Anniversary for you and Brian. Hope you have a nice day.
Your September stitching looks great. The little squirrels are very cute.
A nice gift for your priest.
Big Hugs, Manuela

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Happy Pearl Anniversary to you both. I stitched a beautiful whitework sampler for my parents when it was their Pearl Anniversary.
Now they are approaching their 60th!!
I love the September design. The coaster is lovely and it’s a useful piece rather than purely decorative so I’m sure it’s fine for a monk.