Calendar Poodle SAL

Monday, September 5, 2022

Santa & Rudolph

 Hi friends! I finished Emerson's Christmas ornament. 🎅Santa & Rudolph by Water's Edge🦌

I was showing Emerson the ornament I had planned to stitch his sister from the 2007 JCS Christmas Ornament Issue, when he pointed out this one to me and told me he liked it. Well that was a no-brainer! I stitched this on the called for 28ct Summer Khaki Cashel linen with most of the called for DMC. I did change a few. I did NOT place a red pom pom nose on Rudolph. I stitched him a red metallic nose instead. I stitched Santa's pom with Wisper floss.
🎅🦌🎅🦌🎅🦌🎅🦌🎅🦌🎅
I am now stitching Madeleine's ornament during the day and when she is home at night, I am stitching on a Christmas gift for a friend.

Are you stitching Christmas yet?

Our stitching group is meeting this Thursday at the local library. RoseAnn is the one friend who did not get a chance to "sign" her name on my Retreat Sampler. I hope she signs it on Thursday. I am doubtful about that. We chat more than we stitch. 😉 I will send it home with her and get it back. Then I can finally frame it next month!

Are you working on a sampler for Sampler September? I will work on my Emma Fischer 1859 a little. I am not dedicating much time to it though. I know how fast time goes this time of year! I am working away on making my gifts. I hate being frazzled. So far, so good.

I did have the follow up appointment with the pain doctor. I asked him for lidocaine patches. I decided for now to not go through anymore injections. You see, the doctor is very young. About the age of our Jacob. I know all doctors have to start out. He knows what he is talking about. I believe what he is saying. I think what he says to do next is probably correct. But to have HIM do the injections on MY body, UM NO! He does not have enough experience behind him. I told Brian this. Brian is all for him. I said, Yeah. Why don't YOU have the injections IN YOUR BODY BY HIM!!! Based on how painful the last injections were, I will not do injections with him for now.

If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love. John 15:10

Thank you for stopping by my friends. I hope you have a wonderful week ahead. You all are a blessing in my life. I thank God for you. Truly.

Stitching and praying,

Vickie





12 comments:

Georgia said...

Hi Vickie, I think Emerson's ornament is adorable, my guys don't pay any attention to what I am stitching. As for the injections, I would say you are wise, to be cautious. The first time I had injections, I don't remember them being painful so much, as not helping. But, this is before I had back surgery and I understand why they didn't work. The second Dr. I went to was an inflation of the SI joint. I would say he was wonderful. I was able to walk without difficulty within 24 hrs and haven't had any problems since. I would go to him again. Praying for you my sweet friend.

marly said...

I hope the lidocaine patches work. It has to be so frustrating for you.

MartinaM said...

Oh look how lovingly they both look at each other, I really like your motif and your fish.
Yes, on Wednesday I want to start with a Christmas pattern, but slowly, because I have another project planned.
enjoy your week
Martina

Marilyn said...

It's a cute ornament.
No Christmas stitching yet, trying to get some Fall pieces in.
I wouldn't have the injection either if they are so painful.
Take care,
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Vickie, I love Emerson's ornament. Well done! I do have a Christmas ornament on my list for September. Nope to sampler stitching this month! Hope the lidocaine patches help.

Manuela said...

Hello Vickie,
the Santa and Rudolf are looking very cute. I love your finish.
I will start next with my Christmas stitching for cards.
No I'm not stitching at Sampler September, but I start another wonderful pattern.
Have a nice time. Hugs, Manuela

diamondc said...

Hi Vickie: What an adorable design, I have not started stitching ornaments just yet only one Christmas gift so far.
I am so sorry to hear the injections do not work, they do not work for Michael either.
I hope the lidocaine works for you.
Totally love the jumping rope Poodle.

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That is a very cute ornament and it's lovely that he chose it for himself too. You know he will like it!
Not much Christmas stitching here yet, I am focusing on my Halloween projects for the next two months.
Sometimes young doctors are good because they have been trained on the latest information. But with practical skills such as injections there is no substitute for experience!

gracie said...

Love the ornament. I always keep Lidocane patches on hand. I am able to get them at CVS pharmacy over the counter. By prescription they are 5% and OTC they are 4%...work just as well. Less expensive too. Hope that you will have some pain relief my friend. I am hoping my disc surgery gives me relief.

Carol said...

Emerson's ornament is darling, Vickie! I love the fact that he actually chose his own ornament :) I look forward to seeing what you stitch for Madeleine, too. I would feel the same about a young doctor... I do hope those lidocaine patches help. My MIL uses them and does get some relief. Enjoy your weekend ♥

Ele said...

The ornament is darling, looking forward to see what you'll be stitching next. No Christmas stitching for me at the moment, I am afraid I am a sort of last-minute person when Christmas stitching is concerned! :)
Fingers crossed lidocaine works, I hate injections!!!
Big hugs

marly said...

I understand your reluctance with less experienced doctors. But we've had well established make major blunders. Sometimes they are set in the older methods and don't want to try newer. And that may be best in some instances. Tough decisions!!