Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, September 16, 2022

Catching Up

 Hi friends! Here we are halfway through the month and I totally forgot to post my pictures to the blog of my cornershelf displays and the cubby shelf! Oops!

🍂🍄September Corner Shelf🍄🍂


🏵️📚September Cubby Shelf Display📚🏵️ Most of these are all stitched over one.

Our friend Marilyn sent me this sweet surprise. 
Thank you once again Marilyn! I love it and all the pretty pink!

I have not been showing much stitching, because I have been stitching Christmas pieces for friends. I cannot show those pieces here, now can I? 😉 I still have to work on the finishing for those. That always requires a certain "finishing mood". 

I did get the stitching done on a small anniversary gift for Brian. Our 30th anniversary is coming right up. Now to get the finishing done on that one too!

This time of year always stresses me out. I have SO many gifts I make for family and friends. And I do NOT like having so many things on my to-do list. Brian says I do this to my self and I do not have to. Well I don't know about that. I enjoy gift giving. Don't you? This is why I start early. Do you have any tips for me? I feel like I have it pretty well in order, but when you are handmaking gifts, you can only go so fast!

I found another pain management doctor near me. I will see him October 6th. I will see what he has to say about my situation. The new sciatic pain on the left is settling down a little bit, but definitely still there. 

He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

I hope you have a wonderful weekend my friends. Thanks for dropping by. 

Stitching and praying,
Vickie





10 comments:

Georgia said...

Good morning Vickie! I always enjoy looking at your corner shelf and cubbies, you always have something new to see:) And the gift you received from your friend is lovely, it has your name written all over it:) I usually start thinking seriously about Christmas in August. Then it gets really busy on my end. I have several ornaments stitched, thanks to Carol's 12in22; however, they all need to be finished. Lists help me stay oraganized. But thankfully most of the adult family members receive gift cards with their ornament. As my family grows, my budget seems to shrink... I hope your new Doctor can help you, so please know you and yours are on my heart and in my prayers.

Stasi said...

Cubby and corner shelves are cute as ever!!! I need yo get cracking on my Christmas gifts! I have a stocking to squeeze in this year!!

Vicki said...

Your shelves look lovely and festive as usual!

MartinaM said...

You have decorated so beautifully for autumn, I like everything very much. And you got a lovely kiss from Marilyn.
My tip, if you want to give a lot of presents, then try to get one ready every month, then you won't have so many at once and you won't stress yourself too much
enjoy your weekend
Martina

Manuela said...

Hello Vickie,
your shelf and your corner shelf are beautiful. So many wonderful stitching finishes.
A lovely gift arrived.
Have a nice weekend. Manuela

Marilyn said...

Your decorating is so nice.
Love that big 'ol Mushroom!
The snoozing Poodle is too cute.
We have a cute Poodle that lives across the street,
She loves to come visit, her name is Ava.
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Both the cubby and corner shelving look fabulous, Vickie. Lovely goodies from your friend! My advice for Christmas stitching is to start earlier, but you have to do what works for you. I tend to start in January and truth be told, I have even started that week between Christmas and New Year's some years. I hope this new pain management doctor helps. Have a restful weekend, my friend!

Carol said...

Your September displays look wonderful, Vickie and what a sweet gift from Marilyn! I"m glad to read your sciatic pain is calming down a bit, too. I haven't started on my Christmas gift stitching--feel very behind this year. One of these days I'll have to stop altogether except for my grandson's ornament because it causes me stress in November :)

Jackie's Stitches said...

Lovely cubby and shelf!

I'm glad to hear your sciatic pain has improved somewhat and hope your new doctor helps cure it! It's terrible to be constantly in pain.

I tend to stitch Christmas in January/February and then wait for the finishing spark to hit. I probably should not wait and try and get bits done earlier, even if it is just one step in the finishing process!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I always enjoy seeing your monthly displays, especially the cubby.
I stopped stitching for other people a while back. I realised I want to keep everything I make! They can have it when I’m gone LOL
I do papercraft now for special people and tend to “book” a day to designate as “making day”. That works for me.