Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, February 1, 2019

💗💗💗

Hi friends! I have a little Valentine finish to share with you today. This is February-Hearts from Rainbow Gallery, the 2005 Cross Stitcher's Surprise Series.
These patterns are still available for free HERE

I am stitching the whole series with DMC, not Rainbow Gallery Fibers, so I am choosing my own colors. Kinda matching the picture. I stitched this one over one on 25ct cream Dublin linen. It is now in the cubby shelf ready for the February display❣️ I need to get a picture of that for the blog.

I am now stitching a LK Valentine piece for the cubby shelf.


❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌
Sandra!!! I would like to email you in response to your cry for help just a few days ago, but you do not have an email contact. I am hoping you see this. Please email me Sandra. My email address can be found once you click on "View my complete profile" on the upper right , up above. Or leave your email down below in the comments. I will get back to you about the cross stitch book information.


Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson was a book I thoroughly enjoyed. I have also read The Summer Before the War by Helen and loved it. I think she is a talented author. I had hoped for more books by her. There aren't any more unfortunately!
In the small village of Edgecombe St. Mary in the English countryside lives Major Ernest Pettigrew (retired), the unlikely hero of Helen Simonson’s wondrous debut. Wry, courtly, opinionated, and completely endearing, the Major leads a quiet life valuing the proper things that Englishmen have lived by for generations: honor, duty, decorum, and a properly brewed cup of tea. But then his brother’s death sparks an unexpected friendship with Mrs. Jasmina Ali, the Pakistani shopkeeper from the village. Drawn together by their shared love of literature and the loss of their spouses, the Major and Mrs. Ali soon find their friendship blossoming into something more. But village society insists on embracing him as the quintessential local and regarding her as the permanent foreigner. Can their relationship survive the risks one takes when pursuing happiness in the face of culture and tradition?
I am happy to say GOOD BYE  to the Polar Vortex thank you very much!! Ugh! Such horrid, frigid, biting wind! We had days of -30's with -50 wind chill added in! Henry cried when I picked him up once he was done with his business. I practically cried!

I hope you have nice weather and a nice weekend my friends! Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate you! God bless you!

For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen Romans 11:36

Stitching and praying,
Vickie


30 comments:

RJ said...

Adorable new heart stitch, Vickie. And it will look fabulous on your new shelf. It will be perfect with everything else. Your new book sounds great too. So glad to hear the frigid weather you have been having is going away. Stay warm and stitch. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

MartinaM said...

Hi Vickie,
The little heart pattern looks pretty. And it definitely fits perfectly in your shelf. You have chosen beautiful colors.
Our rabbits are fine, they like to cuddle up to themselves in this weather, but sometimes they sit outside, the cold does not bother them, only a hot summer like last year bothers them.
Have a nice weekend, Hugs Martina

butterfly said...

Lovely Heart Vickie, so sweet love it , Happy February .

Ele said...

Such a sweet finish Vickie! I have loved The summer before the war, will look for this other book by H Simonson. Sounds like my thing, thank you for sharing. Have a lovely day

Manuela said...

A wonderful heart for February.
Can't wait to see your February Cubby shelf.
Have a nice weekend, Hugs Manuela

Marilyn said...

Cute!
You can't go wrong with those RG freebies, they are timeless.
Yes, I'm happy to see the Vortex go too.
I don't ever remember it being quite this cold......ever.
Poor Henry, I do feel sorry for the animals & birds.
Stay warm!
Marilyn

Stasi said...

Sweet Valentine stitch...glad your attic blast has passed!!!

Robin in Virginia said...

Vickie, your heart stitch is adorable. I bet it looks super in your cubby. Enjoy your weekend!

Mary said...

Thanks for the link to the sweet stitch, another lovely addition for your corner shelving. -11 this am when I woke up, cold but not as bad as what you have had!! In a few days it will be 50!!! Crazy weather for sure. Have a wonderful weekend my friend!

marly said...

Love your little heart. Thank you so much for the link, had no idea! So many sweet smalls they offer and I will be spending some time browsing. Thanks Vickie!

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finish Vickie.

Linda

Clare-Aimetu said...

That's a lovely Valentine's heart 💕

Carol said...

Very cute, Vickie! I'm sure you love all the pink that abounds in Valentine's stitching this time of year ♥

Andrea said...

Such a pretty piece.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I still have the charts and kits for that little monthly series of squares - they are very neat. Poor little Henry Vickie, I'm glad the temps are improving.

Willy said...

Lovely Valentine stitching.
Have a nice weekend,

Lili said...

So sweet your new finish! Love it!!

Julie said...

Sweet Feb finish...cute.
Not an author I have heard of before.
Have a lovely week.

rosey175 said...

Those temperatures were insane. We didn't get that cold (-3 with -25 windchills) but that is absurdly uncommon here. I decided I wasn't moving from the house at all during it. No wonder Henry cried!

Your little heart stitch is super sweet and I bet it looks so cheery in your little cubby shelf. It looks chocolatey!

Stitchinowl said...

Sweet heart finish! I am glad to hear the Polar Vortex has left your neck of the woods. Thanks for the book recommendation! I am adding it to my to-read list.
Carolyn

diamondc said...

Vickie: This is an adorable design and finish.
I love hearts.
The book you have reviewed here sounds interesting I will be at the library this week will have to ask if they can get it.

Catherine

Barb said...

I have looked at that book so often and now I will be reading it. Love your pretty heart!

Carolien said...

Hi Vickie,

Your heart is very nice :)

I read Major Pettigrew a few years ago and loved it! How nice you read it too. I had to smile when I read the title ...

Have a good week & I hope the weather turns warmer. Here we are below zero too.
Love, Carolien

Margaret said...

Love your finished piece! It's so sweet! It's funny -- I read both those books and enjoyed them very much. But somehow I didn't realize they were by the same author! lol!

Astrids dragon said...

Adorable hearts, they look like chocolate! Thanks for sharing the patterns.
Our snow/ice is almost all melted and it's supposed to 65 tomorrow... stupid weather!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

Vicki said...

Cute heart!
And I love the Bible verse at the bottom of your post, great way to start my day!

Jenny said...

Hi Vickie...

I am just getting caught up on blogs! Your Valentine stitch is just adorable and will look great on your shelf! I am so enjoying you stitch this series! I love them.

I also throughly enjoyed Major Pettigrew! I loved that book so much! I will have to look for her other book....

I am so thankful your cold, horrid weather is gone and that you are having “warmer” temps! Poor Henry and you for having to be outside in it at all....brrrr It has been raining here for days and days and I am beginning to feel rather soggy and a lot like Noah! I am sending out the dove today and hope it comes back with an olive branch 😊

I am sending you lots and lots of hugs and bunches of love to go with it!💕💕 Happy Tuesday my friend!

moreofhim said...

Cute stitched heart! As always, I love your stitched projects. I definitely need to check out that book as it looks like something I would enjoy. I'll put it on my list. I have a list of books I look for when going to the library or the used book store, otherwise, I would never remember what to look for! lol

Blessings - Julie

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's a great heart definitely a chocolate heart in those colours! The best kind.