Calendar Poodle SAL

Monday, August 3, 2015

Pink

Hi friends! Thank you for your kind words and birthday wishes for Madeleine also. We had a lovely weekend. Here is the cake I made Miss Madeleine.
While our beautiful, 17 year old daughter received birthday gifts this weekend, I received pink gifts. :)
Our friend Angela sent me these beauties. Thank you Angela. I am so grateful.
Our friend Kim sent me these pretty pinks. And take a look at the lovely painting MADE BY KIM! What talent! Thank you Kim. All of these gifted, pink fabrics will be put right into my Epic Pink Tumbler Quilt. yay!
I finished reading Letters From My Father's Murderer by Laurie Coombs. An excellent read. It is a true story. A fantastic story of real forgiveness.  Thank you Julie for recommending this book.
We will head to State Fair this Friday. I may actually run to the exhibit hall to see if my two pieces are there. ;) I am very excited to see if I won a ribbon. My brother and his band, Brewgrass, are playing at the Door County Fish Boil stage. They are so very excited to be performing at the State Fair.

Thank you for stopping in today. I am so glad you did. I thanked God for YOU today. ♥

Stitching and praying,
Vickie
They're sleeping now, but they wake up like clockwork when it's time for goodies

28 comments:

Chris said...

Happy Belated Birthday Madeleine!!
It sounds like you have some fun planned for the week!
hugs!

stitchersanon said...

Happy belated birthday xx Love the pinks, and the cake..looks gorgeous

Angela Tucker said...

Good morning, Vickie. You are very welcome! I can't wait to see your quilt come together.

You daughter's birthday cake was beautiful! You have so many talents. Thank you for sharing them with us.

As usual, you have the most gorgeous flowers. And, they're pink!! LOL

Have a great day!

KimM said...

What lovely material - and that cake! YUMMEE!!!! OOOO - can hardly wait to get word on your fair entries.
hugs
xxx

Mii Stitch said...

Just drooling over that cake!!! Yummy!! :)

Margaret said...

You made a beautiful cake for Madeleine! Lovely pink fabrics too! Your garden is so lovely -- I'm envious! Good luck at the fair to you and to your brother and his band too!

Honeybee said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter! Is there any cake left... cuz I'm comin' over! :O)

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Lovely cake and fabrics. Hopey ou enjoyed the state fair,your brother and band too.

Brigitte said...

Happy belated birthday wishes to Madeleine. I'm sure that terrific birthday cake was a success with everyone who had the chance to try from it.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful cake you made! Happy belated birthday to your daughter.
I like the fabrics very much (especially polka dots :) )

Ele said...

Beautiful cake and lovely fabric
Happy belated birthday to Madeleine

gominam said...

I see you got more beautiful fabrics from beautiful people:) Looking forward to your State Fair adventure!

Carolien said...

A belated congratulations to all of you! Such a lovely cake!!! Must have tasted good ;)
Love to see more pinks for your quilt ..

Take care, dear friend & waves across the ocean,
Carolien

Bea said...

The cake is lovely - I'm sure she was delighted with it.

I'm so glad you are getting more fabrics - those are beautiful.

Have fun at the fair and good luck!

Frances said...

That is a beautiful cake!!! So, so pretty!
I hope you get good news at the fair!
Love those pink flowers!!

Stitching Noni said...

Oh yes! More pink fabric has arrived :o)
I love that cake - it looks scrummy!
Hugs xx

moreofhim said...

I have so much to catch up on! I haven't been blog reading much and have missed yours as it's at the top of my list! I will be catching up over tonight and tomorrow. What a lovely cake - you're so talented in so many areas - you amaze me! So exciting about the State Fair. I'm sure you'll win blue ribbons all around. :) Lots of prayers for you and always thinking of you.

God bless - Julie

Hazel said...

The cake looks yummy. Lovely fabric too. X

Julie said...

Yummy cake and good luck at the fair.

Trace4J said...

Morning Friend
Oh my stars what a yummy cake.Great job.
Happy Birthday to your daughter!
Woolie Hugs & Prayers

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely cake! And such beautiful pink fabrics. How nice that we are going to be seeing pink fabric for a while longer now!

Good luck at the Fair.

Beth said...

What a lovely birthday cake!

Sarah in Stitches said...

That's a beautiful cake! Enjoy your new fabrics :D

Annette-California said...

Beautiful birthday cake! Pretty soft green & lavender frosting! Fabulous pink fabrics!!! Lovely gifts. Hope you have a great time at the fair, and place with your stitching! love Annette

Marta Myszkusia said...

Happy belated birthday to Madeleine

Lillie said...

Yummilicious cake!
Happy Belated Birthday to Madeleine

Анна Гончарова said...

Happy Belated Birthday Madeleine!!

Christina said...

Very pretty cake. Such cute fabrics you received and Wow, look at that card. Such talented people out there. I hope you will post progress pics of your pink quilt.