Calendar Poodle SAL

Monday, August 17, 2015

Summer Postcard Blog Hop

Hi friends! Boy, has it been hot here lately. We have reached 100º and been mostly in the 90's for days. The kids have gone swimming at a local quarry for relief. I was even able to walk the trails surrounding the lake there. :) Oh that felt so good friends! To enjoy a wonderful walk in nature and experience NO increased pain, what a blessing from God.

Our friend Jo is hosting a Summer Postcard Blog Hop. This is the sweet, stitchy postcard I was sent.
This adorable pooch sampler was stitched by our friend Anna. Here is what she has to say:
 I've attached a photo of Little House Needlework's "Dog House Sampler" that I stitched for my sister. Her dog was called Belle so I changed "Bark" which was charted to the dog's name. I also tried to make the coat look more like Belle's. It now serves as a lovely reminder of Belle who has crossed the Rainbow Bridge.

I have a rescue dog called Stella, and she, and all the dogs in the family--my aunt's, my cousin's, my parents', and my sister's three--are part of the family. They even exchange presents among themselves at Christmas! (Although Stella does get a lot of human help making the homemade dog biscuits.) Pets bring so much joy to the house! Rescuing Stella even got me involved as a volunteer for a rescue organization. There's nothing better than being able to help those who can't help themselves. (My aforementioned cousin, and her family, have fostered 25 dogs as part of the organization I work with. Twenty-five! And people think one person can't make a difference.) 

Isn't that a neat story my friends?! I love to read of rescue dogs being helped and saved. We saved our Henry. He was a former breeder dog. He lived half of his days there in a cage. The breeder told me she let the dogs out in the house on a rotation. Here he is a loved family member.♥ 


Madeleine made us poodle pancakes this weekend.







A few of you friends have requested a picture of the toad living under my acorn squash. Here's for you!
Here is my progress thus far on My Mom's Garden. 

You may have noticed a few things I changed up top. I got rid of the "My". I just stitched another motif in it's place.  This is not going to be my mom's garden, but my garden!  I also used two strands of DMC to satin stitch. Maybe when you use one strand of the silk it has good coverage, but not one strand of DMC.

I hope you have a stitchy week. Come back next time! 

Stitching and praying,

Vickie

22 comments:

Beth said...

What a great post. Fun to see the toad and heartwarming postcard story. Your garden stitch is going to be special. Stay cool.

butterfly said...

What a wonderful story.
Your stitching is looking beautiful.
Your toad must be finding it a little too hot ha.
So happy you had a nice walk with out to much pain.
Love the pancakes , have a good week.

Julie said...

A lovely postcard in the blog hop and such a lovely story too.
Wonderful that you could enjoy a nice walk without unwanted consequences regarding the pain.
Funny pancakes, made me smile.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Beautiful stitching! I know what you mean, one strand of DMC is not good for satin stitching at all. Lovely progress! :D

Annie said...

Super post-card and story.

I love those pancakes! Too funny!

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

A really lovely postcard and story behind it.I love your stitching,it is very pretty.
Love the photo of Mabel and Henry,too.

Barbara said...

I'm so glad you were able to get outside and have a pain free walk. The stitching you are doing is so pretty and I like the changes you're making.
Blessings

Angela Tucker said...

Love the rescue story. Yes, one person can make a difference.

Your stitching is so delicate...beautiful as usual.

Okay, somehow, Mr. Toad is not quite as attractive as I expected. A little bumpy for my tastes. LOL

To make you feel a bit better...It was 106 here yesterday. At 6 pm, it was still 92. It is supposed to start getting cooler today, only 95. Sigh...

Hilda said...

Such a wonderful story. I love dogs - and I am always so happy, when I hear about persons that rescue poor dogs. Thanks to all of you.

Your "Mom's Garden" looks amazing. Can't wait to see it finished!

Hugs
Hilda

Anonymous said...

gorgous work ♥

Anna van Schurman said...

Thanks for participating in the blog hop, and for rescuing Henry! :) Love your pancakes. Your SB piece is coming along beautifully.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Summer Postcard Hop. It's lovely to rescue an animal, all our cats have been "acquired" or rescued somehow.

Love the pancakes your daughter made too, very clever!

Carolien said...

Hello Vickie!

I'm so happy your foot is feeling better now and you could make that walk! Joehoe!
Madeleine made the cutest pancake ever seen!!!
Great story about rescuing pets, Our Fietje came from a small room in a flat, 'living' there with 7 other cats and a few rabbits as well ... after being dropped at the animal shelter before this story! She needed a home for her alone, she was so traumatized from being packed up with other cats ... and reigns the house here, of course, we are her humble servants now ;)

Have a great week, dear friend! Bye, Carolien

Margaret said...

Hooray for a good walk with no pain! It's so good to hear this! Those pancakes are so cute! Great postcard story too. Love the pic of Henry and Mabel!

Christina said...

Great postcard and story. Nice progress on your stitching.

rosey175 said...

Lovely postcard and story! Rescue animals are always such treasures. When they realize they're loved they respond to it with so much joy.

Love your little garden stitch with its pretty flowers. Were they pink on the pattern or is that a Vickie Exclusive? :)

What on earth is a Winky and why is it flying?!

Brigitte said...

I loved to read Anna's story and she sent a nice picture with it. This summer postcards are all so interesting to read.
Nice start on Mom's Garden.
Here the heat has gone since the weekend and it has been cool outside, so nicely and fantastically cool, lol. Some would say cold but for me it was just cool. And I have been enjoying it. I hope some cool weather will come to you, too.

gominam said...

Lovely post as always. Thanks for sharing that nice dog story and beautiful postcard. Great progress on the WIP and owning that gardern, hah. That toad is getting famous, haha. Those pancakes are so cute:)

Bea said...

Lovely postcard and a great story to go with it. I love it when people get involved with rescue groups.

Your stitching looks great.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

You make me smile :)
I adore your Mom's garden piece, so pretty and perfectly you!
And our friend Anna, is a lovely lady! I love her story and her volunteerism with needy dogs! GO ANNA!
;)

Maggee said...

What a fun postcard hop! Good story to hear... You are progressing well on the Garden piece. It will be a nice one to cheer you, as gardens tend to do! Look at those loving doggy faces.... :)

Annette-California said...

Beautiful Mom's garden piece! Lovely postcard & story from Anna. Your acorn squash is growing!!! We need to start our fall garden. It's been too hot! love Annette