Calendar Poodle SAL

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Pink Poodle Gifties!

Hi friends! I decided to allow myself to open June's gift finally. I had to be good and get Christmas preparations going first. ;) Look at these perfect patterns June saved for me from her magazines!
 And I had to get a closeup of this, my favorite one!!! squee!
And are you ready for these gifts?!?
Look at the awesome poodle pattern June has found for me. I have never seen that one! June and I exchanged poppy seeds this year from our gardens. :) You can see the sweet, little calendar she made me on the right. On the left are Angel bookmarks/calendars. I use these every month in all the books I read each year June. :) The sweet embroidered bag at the bottom held the beautiful butterfly pill box filled with pink beads. Thank you so much June. ♥

I did some finishing work on two gift pieces which are now in the mail. One cannot be shown yet, but the other can. This is a magnet I made for my friend Heather. She is the new first grade teacher. I thought a magnet would work very well for her. God bless her. She is very overwhelmed right now.
I made our first Christmas cookies a few days ago. I used a new recipe I just found on Craft Gossip. SO easy and very yummy! When I asked Jacob if I should make these every Christmas then, he said, "NO! Every week! Don't save these just for Christmas!" ;) Here is the link to the Grinch Cookies.
Sorry for the crummy pictures today. It has been dreary for a week here. Damp, cold, and cloudy. (Yes, my pain is up from this.) You cannot tell from the picture very well, but they are a light, odd green. ;) Grinchy! I will be changing a few things next time I bake these. I will use 2 or 3 drops of green food coloring. I will make the cookies smaller, mine were a little bigger than the recommended tablespoon. And I will use a bit less than the called for 1/2 cup of oil.
A few treasures from friends tucked in this display in our front room. :) You can spot the Linus Christmas card on the right. This was given to me by my brother Jonathan 3 years ago. It still plays the recording of Linus' famous Biblical quotation and " That's what Christmas is all about Charlie Brown." Love it.♥

No snow on the ground here. Yay! I am not worried about a white Christmas. Almost all of my 45 Christmases here in Wisconsin have been white. ;)

I am going to bake cookies again today. And stitch some more on Theotokos. And then probably wrap a few presents. I hope your day is merry and bright!

Stitching and praying,
Vickie




25 comments:

Tricia T said...

I'm so sorry your pain is increased. :( But I'm glad you have some lovely gifts to help take your mind off of it! Enjoy your day!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

What gorgeous little pieces of perfect poodles for you! :)
Haha!
and those cookies look particularly delicious!
Sounds like a full day! ENJOY!

Melody said...

What thoughtful gifts! You have new poodles to stitch! The cookies look good.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Sending prayers and ((hugs)) sweet friend. Oh how nice of your friend to send such lovely gifts. Enjoy sweet friend. :)

Caitlin D said...

Wonderful gifts! The cookies look delicious, I'm hoping to make at least one batch this year, but time is flying!

Christina said...

Oh such lovely gifts you received. I'm in baking mode too. ;)

Margaret said...

What a lovely present from June! Love your present to your friend as well. The cookies look delicious! I've always loved that scene in Charlie Brown's Christmas -- still my favorite after all these years. Hope your pain isn't too bad -- the damp and cold isn't good for anyone I think.

Michelle said...

What lovely gifts - sending you gentle hugs my friend xx

butterfly said...

Sorry you still have pain , hoping you will be pain free for Christmas.
Happy you like your gifts.
lovely cookies look so yummy hugs.

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

What gorgeous gifts and your cookies look very tasty.
I hope the damp lessens,not a great time of the year for painful joints. I prefer the cold,when it is a dry cold to the ever so slightly warmer damp conditions.

Julie said...

Lovely cookies and such beautiful gifts too.
{hugs}

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mii Stitch said...

June has been wonderful with all these poodle goodies :)
They look so chic, don't they?
The cookies look so yummy, I just wish I was there with you to enjoy one!
Wishing you a wonderful Christmas xoxo

Sally said...

What a perfect gift from June!

Those cookies look delicious.

Love the gift you stitched. It's lovely.

Carol said...

June always sends the sweetest gifts, doesn't she, Vickie? I'd say she found the perfect poodle patterns for you :)

I saw those Grinch cookies on Pinterest--very cute!

Loved seeing my little Hope pillow in your front room display :) I do hope your pain level is bearable over the holidays...

Preeti said...

Lovely gifts!! Those cookies look yummy:)

Clare-Aimetu said...

Oh lovely gifts - and those cookies do look yummy. I hope things ease soon, we are always wishing for a white Christmas here in the UK

Melissa said...

Lovely poodle-y gifts!

Happy baking and I hope your pain eases up this week!

Sheryl said...

Beautiful gifts and stitching. Made note of cookies but not all asked for ingredients are available here in Spain :-(

Angela said...

All those Poodles are so cute :)

Andrea said...

Wonderful gifts. All those poodle-ly items! Great cookies too.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Those Grinch cookies are PERFECT! Love it!

Maggee said...

OOh wow! You have a lot of poodle patterns to work on in the future! They will keep you busy! My husband is making cookies right now, as I type--how cool is that! Keeps him busy! I am trying to catch up on stuff today! One or two more stops out and shopping will be done! Yay! Hope you are able to manage with the increased pain... Big Hugs! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Melanie said...

The best gifts ever for you! Just perfect!! :)

rosey175 said...

I wish you would send Jack Frost down this way, we're having a green (brownish-grey) Christmas full of sunshine, booooo!

Your Grinch cookies look awesome; love the little heart sprinkle and the story behind them.